Elon Musk, War puppeteer

14 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Some previously unreported derails. The Ukrainians did strike with the drones taking out a frigate a few weeks later.  And some of the drones from the first attack did make it back to them. What does that suggest? 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/09/elon-musk-let-russia-scare-him/675282/

It suggests to me that they didn't need Musk at all so why the big hoopla?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I’m aware that you desire this to be a nonstory. It’s huge story with details emerging daily but still lacking clarity

So… if there was an alternative com link that they had access to, why not use that the first time. Answer: starlink was working and then it wasn’t. Surely they tested unarmed drones first. Dummy…

such a tool of the narrative.

tell you what. Go stand next to a radio station antenna that is broadcasting with a radio and tune in. then start walking away from it. Let us know what happens every couple hours as you get further away…. ‘Stable Genius’

😂 

• Agree 1

On February 8, 2023 Gwynne Shotwell, President of Starlink, announced that the company had taken measures to prevent the use of Starlink service to control combat drones.[38] SpaceX restricted the licensing of Starlink communication technology to exclude direct military use of Starlink on weapon systems. The limitation restricted use by Ukraine of Starlink antennas on uncrewed surface vehicles deployed in the fall, potentially shifting the balance of power in the naval war in the Black Sea.[39]

Shotwell stated that "Ukrainians have leveraged it in ways that were unintentional and not part of any agreement", as the contract was intended for humanitarian purposes such as "providing broadband internet to hospitals, banks and families affected by Russia's invasion".[38][40] She added "while we were pleased to provide connectivity", SpaceX did not intend Starlink to be "weaponized".[40] The company apparently knew the military is using them for communications, "and thats's okay."[40] "But our intent was never to have them use it for offensive purposes.

Russia has tried to cut off and jam internet services in Ukraine, including attempts to block Starlink in the region.[5] On 15 October 2022, amidst Ukrainian counteroffensives in the Battle of Donbas, Russian forces reportedly disrupted a Ukrainian Starlink system in the Soledar-Bakhmut area after they destroyed a shortwave repeater

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

tell you what. Go stand next to a radio station antenna that is broadcasting with a radio and tune in. then start walking away from it. Let us know what happens every couple hours as you get further away…. ‘Stable Genius’

😂

But then one can claim to always be correct. When in Doubt, CNN, MSNBC, NYT will confirm it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

😂

So the Ukrainian’s were moving away from where they would have tested an unarmed drone?

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Be careful what you ask for… you just got owned by more facts dispelling your precious Musk is Putin stooge narrative 

Sure, because you, the dishonest broker declares it so

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So the Ukrainian’s were moving away from where they would have tested an unarmed drone?

Nope, try again. Sorry the analogy clearly went waaaaay over your head.

Something was moving though, think your hardest. You can get there. 

Hint…. Coverage map

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I’m aware that you desire this to be a nonstory. It’s huge story with details emerging daily but still lacking clarity

So… if there was an alternative com link that they had access to, why not use that the first time. Answer: starlink was working and then it wasn’t. Surely they tested unarmed drones first. Dummy…

Personally, it's only a huge story to you because you hate Elon Musk.  Period.  You don't have to reply, but before you post more here, ask yourself honestly if you'd have felt the same way if it was Bill Gates who decided not to let the Ukrainians use his free wifi for this attack.  At least think about it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The book isn’t out yet. This is what the biographer has said from my 1st post link

Elon Musk secretly ordered SpaceX engineers to switch off the Starlink satellite communications network near the coast of occupied Crimea in order to thwart a Ukrainian surprise attack on Russia’s naval fleet, according to a report. The incident last year is reported in Walter Isaacson’s upcoming biography of the billionaire titled Elon Musk. With the comms down, the Ukrainian submarine drones packed with explosives “lost connectivity and washed ashore harmlessly . 

the coverage map is supplied by spacex correct. You think they may not be transparent on this?

the intelligence chief said there was service near Crimea and then there wasn’t.  but keep lying. It’s your M.O.  it’s what losers do

What happened to you?  I  leave the board for a while and come back to find you making Billsy look even keeled. Step away, watch the game and chill, amigo. 

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

What happened to you?  I  leave the board for a while and come back to find you making Billsy look even keeled. Step away, watch the game and chill, amigo. 

Bill Gates did this I'd feel the same way.  What has happened is that the board has an epidemic of intellectual dishonesty.  I'm not fond of that nor do I care what dishonest posters think.  But I'll call it out when I see it.  Every time...

4 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Maybe it did or maybe it didn't, the point is those rascals found an alternative comm system and blew up some ships without Starlinks help.

Why the disparagement for people fighting an invader and attempting to save their country, freedom and independence?    I thought those were important things to you cons.  Well, not really, huh?  And if starlink was available for the drone attack and was shut off, would that change your opinion of Musk?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/walter-isaacson-elon-musk-biography.html

“I finally went under the bleachers, and he told me about stopping Starlink service in Crimea because they were doing the sneak attack,” says Isaacson. What, in such a scenario, is the responsibility of the biographer? “I didn’t tell him what to do,” he says. “I said, ‘What’s happening?’ He didn’t ask advice, and so my questions were simply things like, ‘Have you talked to Jake Sullivan or General Milley?’ He said ‘yes,’ and I said, ‘Oh, okay. What did they say?’ He told me.”

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

26 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Bill Gates did this I'd feel the same way.  What has happened is that the board has an epidemic of intellectual dishonesty.  I'm not fond of that nor do I care what dishonest posters think.  But I'll call it out when I see it.  Every time...

Why the disparagement for people fighting an invader and attempting to save their country, freedom and independence?    I thought those were important things to you cons.  Well, not really, huh?  And if starlink was available for the drone attack and was shut off, would that change your opinion of Musk?

👆Whines about intellectual dishonesty and assures everyone he will crusade in the name of and immediately pretends to get his panties bunched up over “rascals”.

🤦‍♂️🤦🤦‍♀️

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Buddy, you arrived at a conclusion as soon as you sniffed this story and have been flailing to find a path to get there ever since. And now you are stuck with a hot take turned cold. Good luck to you. 

But regardless, go Bllls!

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Buddy, you arrived at a conclusion as soon as you sniffed this story and have been flailing to find a path to get there ever since. And now you are stuck with a hot take turned cold. Good luck to you. 

But regardless, go Bllls!

Nicely phrased but still untrue.  And you've been attempting to minimize a billionaires' intervening in a major war against invading Russia...

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Nicely phrased but still untrue.  And you've been attempting to minimize a billionaires' intervening in a major war against invading Russia...

Except that the term "intervening" is wildy mischaracterizing what happened.

But no one is surprised by you  

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Except that the term "intervening" is wildy mischaracterizing what happened.

But no one is surprised by you 

They don't care.  They lie and mischaracterize everything.  Why should this be different?

• Haha (+1) 1