Elon Musk, War puppeteer

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/musk-s-denial-of-ukraine-s-starlink-request-prompts-senate-probe/ar-AA1gJkOI

(Bloomberg) -- The Senate Armed Services Committee is looking into national security issues raised by Elon Musk’s decision not to extend the private Starlink satellite network to aid a Ukrainian attack on Russian warships near the Crimean coast.

Chairman Jack Reed said in a statement that the reports on the use of Starlink exposed “serious national-security liability issues and the committee is engaged on this issue.”

“The committee is aggressively probing this issue from every angle,” he said Thursday. 

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

the war mongers are so pissed.

The MIC would be proud.

42 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Chairman Jack Reed said in a statement that the reports on the use of Starlink exposed “serious national-security liability issues and the committee is engaged on this issue.”

for us, Ukraine, Russia, Nato?

On 9/7/2023 at 12:03 PM, Tiberius said:

Because you want the murderous Putin to win and want him to have a free hand to murder, torture and rape the Ukranian people

I don't think they care.  They might not want that but they don't want taxes going to the war.  MAGA is all about me, myself and I.  They don't get the importance of geopolitics and the balance of power....

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I don't think they care.  They might not want that but they don't want taxes going to the war.  MAGA is all about me, myself and I.  They don't get the importance of geopolitics and the balance of power....

Rich, a lefty talking about balance of power.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Nah - I disagree. They know Putin owns Trump and Trump owns them.

Shitt rolls downhill. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

do you think it shows bias in a billionaire that has already intervened for the Ruskies?  hilarious, idiot....

Again, why is it anger and outrage follows Musk's decision, but every other freedom loving country in the world could stand up, step in and end this thing on behalf of the Ukrainians?   

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

they are.  we can now confirm our current global allies and enemies definitively....

I guess I don't see that, at least not on the level to prevent future pain and suffering to the Ukrainian people. Money and military equipment is fine, but in the meantime the senseless slaughter and victimization continues.  

Still...the US extends a friendly hand to countries buying Russian oil, and supports those countries after the oil is refined.  Seems like a sleight of hand, smoke and mirrors sort of thing. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/29/business/economy/russia-oil-imports-ban.html

But both the United States and the European Union continue to buy Russian oil that has been refined in other countries into gasoline, fuel oil and other products. Countries like Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, Singapore, China and particularly India are snapping up Russian oil, which must now be sold at a reduced price under a cap imposed by the United States and Europe. These nations — which have been described as “laundromat” countries by environmental and human rights groups — then refine the oil and send it to other markets.

• Disagree 1

@Joe Ferguson forever, I don’t understand your perspective here.   

This post started with a harsh critique of Elon Musk and his refusal to assist the Ukraine as requested.  He’s been the subject of scorn and ridicule, and accused of aiding and abetting the Russians. 

In my post above, I linked to the NYT (stand down @Tommy Callahan!!!) about the US and other allies partnering with nations (India, UAE) that partner with Russia to buy oil, thereby directly, one-step removed, enriching Putin, oligarchs and the Russian economy.  

You pulled out your trusty “disagree” vote, but added no commentary.  What do you disagree with?  I said early on in this thread I have no idea about the Ukraine/Russia relationship, who did what to whom and when.    As this war has unfolded, a massive amount of money has changed hands, and there seems to be a legitimate concern that corruption and grift plagues the Zelensky government as we speak. 

Help me out here.  What are you seeing that makes it disagreeable to point out friendly nations (our included) are supporting the Russians?  

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

they are.  we can now confirm our current global allies and enemies definitively....

What I struggle with is I personally don't have any global enemies or gripes against anybody anywhere and I don't feel any obligation to hate people our government deems unfriendly just because there's some leadership disagreement between the higher ups.  If there was anybody that posed a danger to America I would have a different attitude about but none of these countries pose any danger to any of the 50 States.      

The world's got a leader issue.  Why not just let them fight it out 1 on 1 and leave the rest of us to go about our daily business?  This whole lets assemble an army of a bunch of commoners to do the fighting, dying, and suffering in a disagreement between the nobles is long past the time to get rid of the practice.  

• Dislike 1

• 3 months later...