Von to start season on PUP list

Big Blitz

Smart move.

Re-injury of ACLs is a real risk for players that rush back too quickly. 

Protect Von from himself. We need him November, December, and January (and hopefully February), not September and October.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Smart move.

Protect Von from himself. We need him November, December, and January (and hopefully February), not September and October.

It is a smart move but at some point Miller has to be viewed as The Boy Who Cried Wolf”.  He is constantly giving rosy pictures of every situation and he is wrong approximately 100% of the time.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

It is a smart move but at some point Miller has to be viewed as The Boy Who Cried Wolf”.  He is constantly giving rosy pictures of every situation and he is wrong approximately 100% of the time.

Von Miller is a relentlessly optimistic person. He is far more optimistic than he is realistic.

Anyone who still gives credence to his predictions and proclamations -- whether it be his own returns from injuries or the Bills' signing of players -- is setting themselves up for disappointment.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Smart move.

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I think it’s the best move. Need him in December and January a lot more than September. 

I get the sentiment but wins in September and October count too and saving someone for the playoffs won't matter much if they don't even qualify.

Hopefully it works out and the DEs can hold down the fort until he is ready to go but just assuming that will be the case is also risky.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If he gets hurt again, he's done, and where does that leave us if he wants to come back again instead of retire?

I'm all for caution and am not a Chicken Little, but I'm sick and tired of the positive BS spun over injuries only to find out it was all a mirage and additional weeks are needed for healing. We have way too much money invested in a player that hasn't made a significant impact when it counts, and I am so hoping that this is all worth it in the end.... 

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

You can get by the Raiders and Commanders without him. You can beat the Dolphins at home too. I don't want him playing on the Jets field anyway so this is expected and preferred. I would be fine with him sitting out in London too. 

This is also where Floyd steps up. You're in a better place than you were last year. 

Make sure he's fully healthy and up to speed in January and ride him to the Super Bowl

Edited by stlbills13
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I'm confused did fans think he was going to play week 1?

they basically have been saying all offseason/summer they will play cautious with him.

I thought he was going to play 100% of the snaps in last weeks pre season game

What a bust he needs to be cut 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.