Bob Barker dies. 99 years old.

Chandler#81

36 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

We'll always have the Happy Gilmore fight!  RIP Bob

Isn’t it funny that he could have the longest running daytime game show in history, with a healthy resume before that, but that one role is what so many of us think of first. I’d love to hear him talk about the decision to take that part and what it was like to experience it. I’m sure it’s out there. I also wonder who dreamed that up, if it was Sandler or one of his writers? People make fun of Sandler movies, it’s more “fun” than “film”, but they made him rich and he’s had some funny stuff! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

Isn’t it funny that he could have the longest running daytime game show in history, with a healthy resume before that, but that one role is what so many of us think of first. I’d love to hear him talk about the decision to take that part and what it was like to experience it. I’m sure it’s out there. I also wonder who dreamed that up, if it was Sandler or one of his writers? People make fun of Sandler movies, it’s more “fun” than “film”, but they made him rich and he’s had some funny stuff! 

If people are watching Sandler films for Academy awards wrong place. If ya know that and watch for laughs enjoy!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

As mentioned in another thread, Mr. Barker tried to warn us about our professional athletes.  "Always spay or neuter your vets".  Did we in WNY listen regarding Travis Henry?  NO! 🤨

I don’t think our vets would agree to that. I don’t really want to ask.  

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’d love to hear him talk about the decision to take that part and what it was like to experience it. I’m sure it’s out there. I also wonder who dreamed that up, if it was Sandler or one of his writers? 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It merely discontinues one's ability to procreate.  It doesn't diminish the "Whoopee!  Anyone got a cigarette?" aspect of the entertainment.

We may have crossed lines of communication there.  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.