Eagles release OT Fred Johnson

richNjoisy

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

729 offensive snaps in four years with three teams.

Zero of them with Philly, two with Tampa and the rest with Cincy in 2019 to 2021.

I don't know the guy at all, but this doesn't instill confidence

he’ll fit right in at RT here!

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Beane is going to ride the Spencer Brown wave unless it gets to the point where it could derail the season….Hopefully Josh can bail him out every way possible throughout the season…. That 4th and long play where Brown gets annihilated off the snap against KC in the divisional round two years ago is still very vivid in my mind. 

This!!  Josh managed to evade Chris Jones, Melvin Ingram and someone else all whom had him dead to rights on that play

Brown got DESTROYED. It was pathetic. 

3 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Not too late. Im sure we will add a depth OT with someone who was cut. Maybe even another MLB.

But we will probably wait until roster cut day

I have no doubt after cut day we will add an MLB and O lineman unless we trade for a fairly desirable one first.

17 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

And he is back with the Eagles on 2 yr deal. Beane sleeping lol.

https://sports.yahoo.com/eagles-sign-offensive-tackle-fred-183703880.html?src=rss

Wow! He cleared waivers and we didn't even look at the car, never mind kicked the tires.🤪

Edited by billsbackto81

7 hours ago, richNjoisy said:

He has some starting experience for Bengals, Bucs and Eagles.  Should the Bills kick the tires or is it simply too late in preseason?

Eagles re-sign Fred Johnson to two-year deal

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/eagles-re-sign-fred-johnson-to-two-year-deal

He has signed a 1 year contract for $1,080,000.

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Any OT that is worth much of anything is not getting cut at this point. Traded, yes.

Actually, that’s not so. Teams have been to release veterans who’ve been outplayed by a younger player or newcomer, but still have adequate skills an starting experience prior to cutdown date, to give them a better chance to catch on with another team.

• Like (+1) 1

This guy was a backup Tackle when the Bengals line was absolutely dreadful. 

I don't see any way the team views him as an upgrade in talent over who we have and especially not since those guys have been with us for multiple offseasons and are familiar with the playbook and schemes.

If you are rooting for this, you are rooting for literally anyone but what we have. Just because they aren't Quessenberry doesn't mean they're any better. 

7 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I have no doubt after cut day we will add an MLB and O lineman unless we trade for a fairly desirable one first.

Wow! He cleared waivers and we didn't even look at the car, never mind kicked the tires.🤪

May have talked to his agent who informed  any teams that his guy was signing a new deal with eagles.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.