What’s are the planks of the right wing’s platform?

There are only three:

1. Obtain or maintain power.

2. Transfer as much wealth as possible to the donor class.

3. Push policies that scare or anger voters into electing people who will enable 1 and/or 2. 

That’s basically it. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

The last Republican platform was whatever Trump wanted. 
Im guessing the current platform top 5 is:

Guns for all, overturn any laws limiting access to guns.

Repeal gay marriage. Oppose anything related to LGBTQ.

Nationwide abortion ban

Tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations. 
Christianity religion in the schools

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, TSOL said:

The nuclear family

Do I need to define THAT to you children too. 

That’s a subject, not a value. Values are beliefs that guide actions or policies. Joy, justice, love, faith, honesty, integrity, etc are values. 

So it sounds like you only support families with traditional mother, father and children. That leaves out a lot of America. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

That’s a subject, not a value. Values are beliefs that guide actions or policies. Joy, justice, love, faith, honesty, integrity, etc are values. 

So it sounds like you only support families with traditional mother, father and children. That leaves out a lot of America. 

We should place value in the nuclear family as a society  because it's a healthy way to ensure stability from generation to generation. Of course not everyone will have that, it's something to strive for and VALUE. 

Traditional family value 

We shouldn't assault it. The nuclear family doesn't need to be defeated, it's not an enemy. You asked why nobody has explained this to you, maybe it's because you're being kinda a d1ck about the way you asked. 

And yes, spirituality fits in there also.  Are you going to passive aggressively be a d1ck about that too? 

The op asked for 5 planks, those are my 5 planks. 

You get your own planks if you'd like 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Anti communist.

One plank.

Which isn’t a plank. It’s just your feeble mind. Trying to work your way around the question.

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

The nuclear family

Do I need to define THAT to you children too. 

Got no problem with the nuclear family

The problem is some people out there. think that you have to attack everything else in order to have the nuclear family.

Yay freedom

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Which isn’t a plank. It’s just your feeble mind. Trying to work your way around the question.

Got no problem with the nuclear family

The problem is some people out there. think that you have to attack everything else in order to have the nuclear family.

Yay freedom

Do you and the democrat party support BLM?

Yes?

Then you support:

1. Marxists

2. Marxists who have a stated goal of disrupting the nuclear family.

You're a useful idiot.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/blm-removes-website-language-blasting-nuclear-family-structure/

The internet is forever.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190207200445/https://blacklivesmatter.com/about/what-we-believe/

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement 

Limited government.

Energy independence.

Right to bear arms/upholding the 2nd amendment.

Pro-life.

Limiting taxes and allowing the greatest economy in the world to thrive without being limited government interference.

Personal responsibility.

Free speech/no censorship or "cancel culture".

Just one more.....knowing the difference between a man and a woman.  I think many liberal women wish they were born a man even though they don't understand what that means.  Most liberal men are easily confused as being women so I can see how this gender perversion has made its way into the Democratic party.  Even the gay community has started distancing itself from this gender nonsense.

The GOP should have fiscal responsibility/reducing the debt but that seems to have fallen out of favor.

Forgot to add common sense immigration reform, even if it means continuing construction of the border wall.

Edited by Precision
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TSOL said:

We shouldn't assault it. The nuclear family doesn't need to be defeated, it's not an enemy. You asked why nobody has explained this to you, maybe it's because you're being kinda a d1ck about the way you asked. 

And yes, spirituality fits in there also.  Are you going to passive aggressively be a d1ck about that too? 

Sorry to offend you with my insensitive wording. I didn’t realize you were so thin skinned. 

Im all for supporting families. All kinds of families. They do form the basis of society and all kids need the love they provide.

1 hour ago, Precision said:

Limited government.

Energy independence.

Right to bear arms/upholding the 2nd amendment.

Pro-life.

Limiting taxes and allowing the greatest economy in the world to thrive without being limited government interference.

Personal responsibility.

Free speech/no censorship or "cancel culture".

Just one more.....knowing the difference between a man and a woman.  I think many liberal women wish they were born a man even though they don't understand what that means.  Most liberal men are easily confused as being women so I can see how this gender perversion has made its way into the Democratic party.  Even the gay community has started distancing itself from this gender nonsense.

The GOP should have fiscal responsibility/reducing the debt but that seems to have fallen out of favor.

So, in other words, the Republicans have fallen into a funk, because as it currently stands, they do not support these planks that you have listed

Limited government, tell that  to Ron DeSantis well he has his book burning parties in Florida

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So, in other words, the Republicans have fallen into a funk, because as it currently stands, they do not support these planks that you have listed

Limited government, tell that  to Ron DeSantis well he has his book burning parties in Florida

From the Reuters article I posted in the other thread.

"Heritage officials have held in-depth discussions with DeSantis' team about restructuring the Justice Department, abolishing the Department of Education, firing thousands of mid-level bureaucrats and disentangling the U.S. from Ukraine, according to those people."

They do support many of these planks, John. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was a time Dems ran hard with the battle cry “it’s the economy, stupid”

With the economy floundering under Biden, they’ve about faced and act as if the economy is now a non factor.

Guess they figure their minions are too stupid to think otherwise now.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I don't think Republicans are in a funk at all.  The title of the thread is "What are the planks of the right-wing platform?" and I listed what I believe they are.

I fail to see the connection between limited government and books that are inappropriate in schools.  Do you believe that all books should be allowed in all schools, or do you believe that the government should not be involved in making these decisions? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Precision said:

I don't think Republicans are in a funk at all.  The title of the thread is "What are the planks of the right-wing platform?" and I listed what I believe they are.

I fail to see the connection between limited government and books that are inappropriate in schools.  Do you believe that all books should be allowed in all schools, or do you believe that the government should not be involved in making these decisions? 

As a Republican, you wouldn’t see that because your people are ***** blind

And all you have to do is see what’s happening in recent elections to know that the Republicans are in fact in a funk they can’t get away from supporting Maga without getting primary and maga Republicans can’t get elected

You are supporting a four time indicted impeached ex president who is probably going to win the Republican primary, but is unelectable as a presiden

The republican party absolutely is in a funk

• Eyeroll 1

On 8/20/2023 at 8:19 PM, John from Riverside said:

As a Republican, you wouldn’t see that because your people are ***** blind

And all you have to do is see what’s happening in recent elections to know that the Republicans are in fact in a funk they can’t get away from supporting Maga without getting primary and maga Republicans can’t get elected

You are supporting a four time indicted impeached ex president who is probably going to win the Republican primary, but is unelectable as a presiden

The republican party absolutely is in a funk

You would be well served by utilizing the "checking features" in the message board editor as you compose a message.  Also, insults, swearing or using "your people" makes for a poor argument unless you are trying to come across as "Archie Bunker".  Finally, the title of the thread is regarding the "planks of the right wing's platform".  The discussion has nothing to do with Maga Republicans or an ex-president, I hope you can grasp that.

I'll respond to your reply even though it has nothing to do with the thread title.  

If in a funk is controlling 26 governorships, 28 state legislatures, the House of Representatives and the Supreme Court then perhaps you don't understand the definition of funk?  Also, you may have noticed the hundreds of thousands of Americans moving from blue states to red states.  I suspect you believe all these people are in a funk as well.  Conversely Chicago, Portland, SF, LA, NYC are not in a funk according to you?

Don't be so ignorant as to assume who I am supporting for president or any office as I have supported candidates of both parties.  In the presidential race there are primaries for both candidates which along with age and legal issues could see any one of a number of people running in the general election in place of the current contenders.  It is obtuse to assume who anyone will support in the general election prior to first primary or any debates.   

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/20/2023 at 8:51 AM, I am the egg man said:

Was a time Dems ran hard with the battle cry “it’s the economy, stupid”

With the economy floundering under Biden, they’ve about faced and act as if the economy is now a non factor.

Guess they figure their minions are too stupid to think otherwise now.

The numbers do not support your argument

1 hour ago, Precision said:

You would be well served by utilizing the "checking features" in the message board editor as you compose a message.  Also, insults, swearing or using "your people" makes for a poor argument unless you are trying to come across as "Archie Bunker".  Finally, the title of the thread is regarding the "planks of the right wing's platform".  The discussion has nothing to do with Maga Republicans or an ex-president, I hope you can grasp that.

I'll respond to your reply even though it has nothing to do with the thread title.  

If in a funk is controlling 26 governorships, 28 state legislatures, the House of Representatives and the Supreme Court then perhaps you don't understand the definition of funk?  Also, you may have noticed the hundreds of thousands of Americans moving from blue states to red states.  I suspect you believe all these people are in a funk as well.  Conversely Chicago, Portland, SF, LA, NYC are not in a funk according to you?

Don't be so ignorant as to assume who I am supporting for president or any office as I have supported candidates of both parties.  In the presidential race there are primaries for both candidates which along with age and legal issues could see any one of a number of people running in the general election in place of the current contenders.  It is obtuse to assume who anyone will support in the general election prior to first primary or any debates.   

Lmao

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

lower taxes and regulations so companies and people can keep their money to spend as they want. IE, the free market.

vs this omni/stimy spending that, top down and goes directly to the investors.

Chris, those regulations are there for a reason

You couldn’t get me to live in an apartment in Florida after watching them collapse due to no ***** regulations

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You couldn’t get me to live in an apartment in Florida after watching them collapse due to no ***** regulations

Huge space between what we have now, and none.

But the point still stands. 

Individuals with their own money making their own choices on what to spend on works way better than stimulating the fortune 500 and calling it infrastructure or inflation reduction bills.

Individuals are free to make their own choices. bad ones get negative results. good ones can have good results.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m still searching for a topic that you know anything about. I’m going to keep looking. I believe in you! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...