Isabella shows moves, will he make the roster?

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Thank you!!  

I won't disagree with that.  Allow me to ask, would you say that Taylor was better or worse than most of the other QBs we've had during our drought era, on averge?  Of QB by QB if you wish.  

Otherwise, it would seem to me that if you swapped those 4 minimum Wins off of our W/L records the past four seasons you'd end up with 9-7, 7-10, 9-7, and 6-10.  That'd be 31-34 and no playoff appearances overall.  If that happened, what would be the perception of how good a coach McD is?  

LOL, oh I understand it.  People come up with their opinions, and ignore any and all evidence that they may be incorrect.  

He did make the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor as a QB and also putting in Nate Peterman though. I don't think too many HC would do that.  How many of the 32 coaches do you think make the playoffs with those two QBs?

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

On THIS point. On Gilliam. I have given you the evidence. The numbers. And the plays. You ignore them. 

As for putting a number on Allen's games worth to us...  this roster with Barkley or Kyle Allen at Quarterback would win about 6 games. If we had a top level backup we would win about 8. If you swapped Josh Allen with Dak or Carr or Kirk we'd win about 10. With Josh we should win about 12. But there is no science behind that. It is just guessing as you go up the tiers of alternative QB options. 

Is that what you wanted? 

Now do Purdy!!:wub: Easy 16 wins a year like Josh!

The problem Isabella had to overcome to make the roster was he provided the same identical role as both Harty and Shakir, WR and return man.  Gilliam provides a much different ST role and it's a role that without Gilliam, they'd need to find someone else to fill that spot.  Has Isabella ever played the role of a gunner?

Very likely too if Isabella had made the 53, he'd be inactive as can't see them going with 6 WR on Sunday's when there's a good chance they will be using 2 TE's more this year, and you have 5 other WR's who are above him in the pecking order.

So to me hard to argue Isabella would have contributed more as barring injury, he'd likely never had even been active.  I do think if there is an injury to any WR or one of the 5 ahead of him falters real bad, likely Isabella would be the first guy called up to replace him.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The problem Isabella had to overcome to make the roster was he provided the same identical role as both Harty and Shakir, WR and return man.  Gilliam provides a much different ST role and it's a role that without Gilliam, they'd need to find someone else to fill that spot.  Has Isabella ever played the role of a gunner?

Very likely too if Isabella had made the 53, he'd be inactive as can't see them going with 6 WR on Sunday's when there's a good chance they will be using 2 TE's more this year, and you have 5 other WR's who are above him in the pecking order.

So to me hard to argue Isabella would have contributed more as barring injury, he'd likely never had even been active.  I do think if there is an injury to any WR or one of the 5 ahead of him falters real bad, likely Isabella would be the first guy called up to replace him.

The biggest problem is how late he was added to the roster.  But with Harty’s size and injury history we might end up seeing him.  

Edited by Doc
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

The biggest problem is how late he was added to the roster.  But with Harty’s size and injury history we might end up seeing him.  

Yeah that too.  Good chance he will be elevated to the 53 at some point.  Question is will it end up being in Buffalo or will some other team first sign him due to their own injuries.

On 9/9/2023 at 3:34 PM, GunnerBill said:

I mean I'd say 2 yards per play over the average in that game when he is out there is pretty defined. When he was out there in that game the Bills were better to the tune of 2 yards per play which in NFL terms is massive. 

That is my definition. In those games against that particular opponent his impact is clear, defined, and measurable. 

Doesn't mean he is irreplaceable. Doesn't mean he has that impact every week, he doesn't but there are certain opponents where the Bills want to get that opponent to stay in base defense and want to force them to play 3 linebackers where Reggie Gilliam's versatility and skillset are a tool in the toolbox. And when you add to what he does on Special Teams you end up with someone whos is well worth the value on his contract.

Too many people undervalue the versatility provided by bottom of the roster guys like Gilliam. That versatility saves valuable cap space, same with Bates at his price point. Any player that can play multiple positions on offense or defense along with special teams will have a long - if unheralded - NFL career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/9/2023 at 1:50 PM, GunnerBill said:

Is that what you wanted? 

I've asked multiple times what I've wanted, you haven't provided it.  Not even just now.  So let's drop it.  

You have your opinion and no amount of facts will get you to consider that perhaps it's a bit staunch.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.