Your opinion of starters playing a quarter and a half gainst Pittsburgh?

steven50

16 hours ago, Dopey said:

The second highest scoring team in ppg, last year and averaged 29.75 points in the last 8 games leading to the playoffs? In Dorsey’s first season? Scored 34 points vs Miami in the playoffs? That offense? Unless you’re basing this on the Cincy playoff loss, what? If you are basing it on that one game, what?

We can be better.  It is true.  And, to win the Super Bowl we need to improve the offense.

Generally speaking, I like it. I think players and coaches do need the pre-season. I think you need a few "live rounds" going into the regular season. I liked the old 4 game pre-season format as starters got ramped up pretty naturally. Under the old 4 pre-season game format the flow of starters playing went...

1. Game 1 some starters played a series or two.
  2. Game 2 starters played a quarter plus 
  3. Game 3 was the "dress rehearsal" for the regular season starters played the first half and the first two drives of the second half. 
  4. Game 4 starters did not play

I felt like under that format the starters really got themselves ready for the regular season. But with one less game I am not sure if there is any uniformity to how coaches approach things. 

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Why, 40 years ago you said "ouch", rubbed dirt on it, and went back in after sitting for a series.  Plus, your team doctor only drove a Lincoln instead of a Bentley. 

And the players had regular jobs in the off season to make ends meet.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.