Cowboys and Zack Martin reach agreement on a reworked deal

Gregg

13 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

But Jerry needed that money to pay Parsons. 

Didn’t Parsons say he could play RB? Maybe he can get paid to be a two way player then thank Jerry for spending $ on a top guard who he’s running behind. 

11 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

Lots of disappointed dopes who thought  Beane could trade for him!

On 8/14/2023 at 4:01 PM, PetermansRedemption said:

But Jerry needed that money to pay Parsons. 

Reading the tea leaves in this thread...I'm now convinced that Jerry won't be able to afford Parsons and is trading him to the Bills.🤣

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Reading the tea leaves in this thread...I'm now convinced that Jerry won't be able to afford Parsons and is trading him to the Bills.🤣

We have a few 6th rounders we could part with! Catch Jerry when he’s having “a moment”. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 8/16/2023 at 6:53 AM, Mr. WEO said:

he'll be gone after that contract is up

I think he is fairly close to retiring.  He watched his close friend Travis Frederickson walk away a few years ago and the writing is on the wall for Tyron Smith at LT.  He sounded like a guy in interviews the past two offseasons that was close to hanging it up.  

The last few seasons he has been nicked up from time to time something that didn't happen to him early in his career. He has played a lot of snaps.

he sat out the spring because of minor injuries..which was basically him not participating without holding out and then held out.  They hired Mike Solari as the new line coach and have a new OC.  Have to imagine a player of his caliber would thrive under any coach but still little different philosophy and play calling style could cause him to be behind the 8 ball when they kick off in ny in a few weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought Jerry would never re-negotiate with multiple years left.  Guess that’s another BS lie from him. 

Good for Martin, he’s a great player, deserves to be paid what he’s worth and it puts more strain on their cap, so even better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.