Areas/towns to stay for us out of state fans traveling in Oct?

Cache

There's a new restaurant in East Aurora, across the street and down a couple of buildings from Bar Bill. The thing is, it was started by former cooks and servers from Bar Bill who quit because of what is said to be bunghole management at Bar Bill. It is called The Bar at Main and Hamlin. Those who have had their wings and other food items there have said the food is 100% better than Bar Bill. Wifey and I will be going to check that place out soon! 

https://mainandhamlin.com/

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2023 at 6:52 AM, TPS said:

If you want the Elmwood experience, and to treat the wife, try this place: https://www.innbuffalo.com/

Stayed there a couple years ago, it's fantastic. And in a great area if you like the hip Elmwood shops and stores. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2023 at 3:32 PM, boater said:

Here's a map I made of where to get good Wings and Beef on Weck. Visit one near your hotel.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1mpmtjHMZCrqYop5-FKuRvDtRLTvMhbs&ll=42.88630239740502%2C-78.59189870595701&z=10

Anyone with feedback can reply here.

Cool! I did something like that years ago...looks like it was 2016. I'm sure some of it is way out of date now, but in case there are some on there that you could use...

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&mid=1Ib5SnxMUOlaXxe0AoFGANRtuOiA&ll=42.9437290469228%2C-78.828915&z=11

• Like (+1) 2

Hamburg, Blasdell, OP or West Seneca are all fairly close driving distance.

On 8/16/2023 at 12:42 PM, Draconator said:

There's a new restaurant in East Aurora, across the street and down a couple of buildings from Bar Bill. The thing is, it was started by former cooks and servers from Bar Bill who quit because of what is said to be bunghole management at Bar Bill. It is called The Bar at Main and Hamlin. Those who have had their wings and other food items there have said the food is 100% better than Bar Bill. Wifey and I will be going to check that place out soon! 

https://mainandhamlin.com/

Wanted to go there once and the wait was outrageous and they were super unorganized 

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hamburg, Blasdell, OP or West Seneca are all fairly close driving distance.

Wanted to go there once and the wait was outrageous and they were super unorganized 

Growing pains of a new business I'm guessing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

East Side Genesee & Bissel area gets hopping after dark. Friendly kids on every corner looking to welcome you to town.

True story:

My buddy, who shall remain nameless, took his father’s car there to acquire some “ happiness “. His father was a judge and the car had State Magistrate plates. It was the darndest thing but we couldn’t get anyone to hook us up.

Ah, to be young and stupid….😜

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/14/2023 at 9:37 AM, Cache said:

First off a big thank you to everyone taking time to reply. I know the question is kind of obnoxious and you probably hear it all the time. Super appreciate the time you spent helping out.

There are fortunately is no health limitation’s with anybody so walking is not a problem. A couple of people in the group were interested in a little shopping, also in any attractions. We are 100% doing the falls, and all have passports!  I realize it’s not a huge city and personally I’m grateful. Ha ha. Really just open to any and everything. Last year when it was just me and my boy, we only had time for a couple of meals before we had to fly back after the game. We went to Duffs and Picassos pizza both were  absolutely delicious!  Anyway, I hope that clarifies the expectations a little bit and I know it’s vague… your replies are super helpful.

buffalo has a small light rail line test takes you to waterfront/ downtown area where you have the hockey arena. In October their might be a hockey game going on then.  

Allentown area is a walkable area with shops snd restaurants.

niagsra falls…you can walk over the rainbow bridge. The American side is a state park. The Canadian side is heave tourist area. The Canadian side you can see the falls from a better view.

in north tonawanda near the canal therr is a walkable part with some stores snd restaurants.  History lesson…..the Erie Canal entered the Niagara river not in buffalo but along the tonawanda creek ehich is the border of niagara and Erie count and has thecities of north tonawanda and tonawanda.  In the city of tonawanda side therr is a decent city waterfront park you can walk along on bike paths.

pizza and wing places you can find all over the place.each area has their own local places they go too. Many of thrm tend to be take out only with not many tables to eat at.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

East Side Genesee & Bissel area gets hopping after dark. Friendly kids on every corner looking to welcome you to town.

Haha, I used to be over there every day for 10 years working at RAC...

Grew up on the East Side too near Kensington-Bailey.

That whole area from Kensington-Bailey back to Broadway and Gibson is straight ghetto now and getting worse.

Used to crack up seeing all the suburban white people going to the Broadway market around Easter and they were scared as hell.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Rubes said:

Stayed there a couple years ago, it's fantastic. And in a great area if you like the hip Elmwood shops and stores. I'd definitely stay there again.

I used to live a few houses down. Joe, the owner, is a great guy. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.