Anybody Watch Hunting Shows?

Irv

Have you noticed that almost any deer hunting show they now have to come up with a nickname for every deer they are about to shoot?  Also, the amount of product mentions has gotten totally out-of-hand.  Ted Nugent is probably the worst.  I'd rather watch some dude on public land, blast a doe and not mention twenty products every half hour.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Have you noticed that almost any deer hunting show they now have to come up with a nickname for every deer they are about to shoot?  Also, the amount of product mentions has gotten totally out-of-hand.  Ted Nugent is probably the worst.  I'd rather watch some dude on public land, blast a doe and not mention twenty products every half hour.  

Just put it on mute and crank some Amboy Dukes.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Are you a vegetarian?

You're using a computer. Do you watch shows about computer engineering? Using a product and wanting to know how it's produced are two different things.

I eat meat and, although I don't hunt, I have no problem with people who do. In fact, hunting is more humane than the commercial meat industry. With that said, I have no interest in watching a hunting show. I also eat veggies and have no interest in watching a gardening show.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

You're using a computer. Do you watch shows about computer engineering? Using a product and wanting to know how it's produced are two different things.

I eat meat and, although I don't hunt, I have no problem with people who do. In fact, hunting is more humane than the commercial meat industry. With that said, I have no interest in watching a hunting show. I also eat veggies and have no interest in watching a gardening show.

Real proud of you.    

I enjoy hearing coyotes howling after a deer kill in my yard. Twice in the last decade, they were close enough to the house, that the ravaging of the deer by the pack was viewable with a spotlight. It was intensely savage to witness.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I honestly didn’t know that there were shows purely about hunting.  

Growing up the fishing shows came right after curling. I don’t remember Bambi being in danger. I mean, other than when Godzilla was in the neighborhood. 

On 8/8/2023 at 7:03 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I promise I have!  Haha.  I’ve seen fishing shows, but never any hunting shows.  Do they actually show the animals being killed?  This is wild to me.

They do.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.