New England Patriots install America's largest outdoor stadium scoreboard - will affect wind pattern

chongli

On 7/29/2023 at 12:17 AM, chongli said:

I hope this doesn't' give the Pats too much of an advantage. They will know how the wind affect kicks, while other teams will have to learn. I have this nagging suspicion that Belichick is up to something, lol.

IDK, by the time a quarter of the season is over Krafty may have to bring in his masseuse to boost moral after the team’s suckitude has been rubbed in their faces by their giant scoreboard week in and week out. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/29/2023 at 12:23 AM, Bubba Gump said:

Hey, another way to alter the game "legally". They need every advantage they can get and will stop at nothing to do it. 

Should also add "outdoor" to the title. It's a bit misleading. There are bigger scoreboards, Dallas maybe and def So-Fi.

Should they close the tunnel or leave it open?

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Apparently the Patriots decided that fans no longer needed a clear view of that funny looking obelisk out there. 

Although they have apparently built a giant "lighthouse" as well! 

It's an odd stadium that I never liked.  Too "open" at the ends, though the scoreboard will help solve some of that.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, transient said:

IDK, by the time a quarter of the season is over Krafty may have to bring in his masseuse to boost moral after the team’s suckitude has been rubbed in their faces by their giant scoreboard week in and week out. 😂

E6FB0883-6EE5-4676-A5E2-D63C4581A7F4.thumb.webp.1aff8bfcb34d50884298527d9aaa79b4.webp

On 7/29/2023 at 5:22 PM, AuntieEm said:

Wonder if there are any type of cooling garments they could wear under pads in such high Temps to keep p layers cooled to a safe body temp as they are exerting such energy.

I'd think even simply adding some  areas in current unis to place strategically located slots they can have players toss in some very light ice packs they could just swap them out as they melt throw the melted ones into a freezer in locker room. Don't even know whether a player would need to get approval to alter their undershirts that way if they have to play Miami in extreme heat.

LSU has some brand new gnarly AC'd helmets. i dont think theyre legal for NFL in quick article i saw, but players loved em and we better be figuring out how we can use or modify them so we can use them

On 7/29/2023 at 12:17 AM, chongli said:

I hope this doesn't' give the Pats too much of an advantage. They will know how the wind affect kicks, while other teams will have to learn. I have this nagging suspicion that Belichick is up to something, lol.

New England is trying to counter Northern Cuban Phish's stadium hijinks.  

And the Bills will be doing the opposite in new stadium taking away the advantage to their kicker.

On 7/29/2023 at 12:29 AM, Bubba Gump said:

You know they won't be showing the replays of McDorkle kicking players in the nuts or trying to twist their ankles. 

But they will be showing players repaying him and I hope they show a lot of such plays. 

Maybe each game the Bills will sign someone from PS whose job is to do this.

He does not look like a player who can take the hits.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/29/2023 at 5:46 PM, AuntieEm said:

I'm thinking maybe individual players just need to jerryrig something for themselves in such conditions.  Don't know how much say the league has in what clothing they wear under their pads.  I doubt they have any say.  

Only if they expose it I believe so if there is as an example an undershirt under jersey with identifiable label or logo who is not a NFL sponsor they can be fined.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.