Has Miami really closed the gap?

billsbackto81

15 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Yes. The three games last year are evidence. Dolphins eked one out in the heat. Bills eked one out in the snow. Bills eked out a home playoff game against a D-league QB. Dolphins have done a good job adding high end talent to their roster. There is no gap. Best of all the rivalry is back full throttle.

Answer for me, the following questions:

With Ramsey out until December, who has the better.. (I’ll give you mine)

Safeties? (Bills) 

Cornerbacks? (Bills) 

Linebackers? (Bills)

Defensive Line? (Push)

OL? (Bills)

WR’s? (Dolphins)

TE’s (Bills)

RB’s? (Push)

QB? (Bills)

*Jevon Holland is a beast, but one Holland doesn’t overcome both Hyde & Poyer, with Rapp as depth 

*With a healthy Ramsey, I’d put the Dolphins ahead of the Bills at CB, but without him, Bills are better 

*Both teams have meh at one LB spot, and I like Long, but he isn’t Milano 

*DL, I want to go Bills, but the Fins DL is also nasty, and ours being better is dependent upon Von coming back at close to his pre-injury ability 

*Both OL’s enter the season with question marks, but Bills have more potential and more depth 

*WR’s, Hill and Waddle are monsters.. We only have one Diggs 

*TE’s, easily Bills with Knox and Kincaid 

*RB’s, too close to call.  Bills RB room is solid and Cook could be big time, but Miami’s has elite speed 

*QB, this isn’t worth an explanation 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Buffalo has dominated this team more than any other

Are you sure about that? I'm not looking it up but they had us 20-0 in the 70's alone.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, T&C said:

Are you sure about that? I'm not looking it up but they had us 20-0 in the 70's alone.

You are talking 50 years ago, wow pretty sure we have overtaken the all-time score totals from them, and remember according to some final scores aren't important.

Trying to imagine Airseven if bills had won 21-19 last september with the dolphins with the huge statistical edge. Might be trying to hard, you can be a fan and be honest with your flaws, and you can also go to far.

47 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

You are talking 50 years ago, wow pretty sure we have overtaken the all-time score totals from them, and remember according to some final scores aren't important.

Trying to imagine Airseven if bills had won 21-19 last september with the dolphins with the huge statistical edge. Might be trying to hard, you can be a fan and be honest with your flaws, and you can also go to far.

Nope. Dolphins lead series with a record of 62-56-1. Bills have won four of five playoff meetings though.

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Have the Jets really closed the gap on Miami?

I'm worried more about the Jets than Miami. Legit QB though aging and a defense that caused us fits last year. Bills have yet to have issues moving the ball against Miami. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bills better team. Dolphins better coach.

Allen as is in most cases is the difference. He almost willed a win in Miami and almost gifted them a wildcard win in Buffalo.

Too soon wouldn't you say?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Dan in Owego said:

not what i said we have outscored them

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm worried more about the Jets than Miami. Legit QB though aging and a defense that caused us fits last year. Bills have yet to have issues moving the ball against Miami. 

Too soon wouldn't you say?

Exactly far to soon

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bills better team. Dolphins better coach.

Allen as is in most cases is the difference. He almost willed a win in Miami and almost gifted them a wildcard win in Buffalo.

Gonna need an explanation for this thinking 

As several others have pointe out, how good Miami is will depend upon Tua's health status.  

He averaged nearly 2 passing TDs/game last season, which over 17 games had he played more than 13, would have put him at 4th in the league right behind Allen.  

Allen owns Miami, but that Sklar Thompson game should be enough to cause us not to overlook them.  Thompson will be lucky to ever start another game in the NFL except for injury to a starter or even a 2nd-stringer.  

If Tua stays healthy, they should be as competitive as any team that's not the Chiefs, Bengals, or us.  

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why would that matter? A 1 point or 28 point margin is still only one win.

Regardless you are wrong about that too. Miami 2536 Buffalo 2486

Yeah so what ***** the dolphins lol

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why would that matter? A 1 point or 28 point margin is still only one win.

Regardless you are wrong about that too. Miami 2536 Buffalo 2486

My point was certain posters are putting emphasis on style points, ergo Allen has dominated the Dolphins BUT BUT BUT the last games were close, can't win in this mindset. Want that beautiful cake but can't eat too.

5 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

Yeah so what ***** the dolphins lol

My point was certain posters are putting emphasis on style points, ergo Allen has dominated the Dolphins BUT BUT BUT the last games were close, can't win in this mindset. Want that beautiful cake but can't eat too.

Can you give me the 1970's flag total differential as well lol ***** the dolphins.😉

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Are you asking yourself questions? Will there be a quiz on this? 

Seemed rhetorical, would you offer to help me?

4 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

Seemed rhetorical, would you offer to help me?

Long time ago but i seem to remember a connection with the competion committee and one Don Shula.

Edited by Dan in Owego

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.