Training camp 7/27 9:45 AM

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Meh, not saying you're wrong, but I'd rather see uniquely exciting QB play. Bomb it all day. A Super Bowl used to be more important to me, but the older I get, the more I just want to see the new/unique/exciting/one of a kind. Josh is all that.

I love this!   I do.   It's fabulous having Josh as the Bills QB, because his entertainment value is off the charts.  But I want the Lombardi.   He can be 5% less entertaining and 10% more effective, and I'll take that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Lost said:

I wish we would consider this concept on defense.   By that I mean I'd like us to play more aggressive at the risk of giving up more big plays instead of playing soft zone all the time.  By just trying not to give up big plays we have been really letting opposing teams matriculate down the field and chew up massive amounts of clock, giving Josh Allen less time to do his thing.   I'd rather stack a lot of guys in the box and play more press man with increased probability of stopping drives cold or giving up the big plays which in either case means our offense gets back on the field quicker.    I've hated the bend but don't break defensive concept my whole life.   Maybe now that Frazier is gone we will change it up some.  

Well, my heart is with you, but it really is about, I hate to say it, complementary football.  

I think your point about time of possession isn't correct.  The offense isn't on the field very long because it's a big-play offense.  It moves the ball in big chunks, which means the Bills don't have the ball long before scoring.   If he took the short, easy throws, the time of possession would go up.  

And as much as you (and I) talk about the bend-don't-break style of defense, that isn't really, correct, either.  The Bills can't be at the top of the league year after year in yards allowed if they're bend-don't-break.   BDB, by definition, gives up a lot of yards, and the Bills don't.  The truth is, the Bills were 5th in first downs allowed by the defense, and they were seventh best in third-down conversions by the opponent.   In other words, the defense stops the big play AND forces punts.    

I love the big defensive plays, too, but it's hard to argue with what the Bills do.   Hard to argue, that is, until you get to the playoffs, where that style may not be the best.  In the playoffs, you need some big plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Why are you even hear you’re no bills fan?

He has been a troll going back to BBMB, same user name. To answer your question here though, simple answer is attention. Stop giving it to him, I would rather not see his ridiculous posts.

Cheers 🍻

So here is my 2 cents.

I won't to see a drive this season one that we will all say epic.

Say let's have 2 holding penalties 😬 we overcome them.

Small game running attack 3 to 4 yards per gain. 

Maybe go for it once or twice on forth down. 

21 plays maybe 15 minutes.

This will show the commitment from the offense and the teams determined to be great

16 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I love this!   I do.   It's fabulous having Josh as the Bills QB, because his entertainment value is off the charts.  But I want the Lombardi.   He can be 5% less entertaining and 10% more effective, and I'll take that.  

Do the math, Shaw. All you personally get out of this equation is 5% less entertaining. The Lombardi is not coming to you. It's not yours.

Give me 100% Josh Allen and 10% better play from the rest of the team.

That's 110% satisfaction.

For those debating offensive style/aggressiveness...we've already seen glimpses, full games, and consecutive strings of games of what QB17 looks like running a surgical, chain-moving, methodical attack. And to be honest, it's like watching a Fibonacci spiral unfurl its convergent song of mathematical precision and universal beauty. With Allen's talents, disciplined, rote execution eventually unlocks transcendent explosions.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, faderphreak said:

As I've been reading this thread and the mild debate regarding the need for Josh to make better decisions and take what is given I keep thinking about Tom Brady.  He took receiving rooms with way less talent on paper than what we have in Buffalo right now by simply dinking and dunking through the first 2-3 quarters, and then taking the kill shots late in the third or early in the fourth when defenses got sucked in to try and shut down those death by 1000 cuts type of passes. 

At the time it was so frustrating to watch Brady do that to the Bills and other teams. At the time I thought it was Belichick's modernization of Parcell's "3 yards and a cloud of dust."  Instead, it was 3 yards and a thud all the way down the field. 

Sounds so easy as a concept. What is needed is a WR with hands and some skill ala Beasley to take the short pass and make a move. The Bills didn’t have that last season and with Josh’s elbow injury making the short throws actually more painful plus his lack of faith in the WRS he went to the big play more often. Hopefully that is not the case this season.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.