Biden To Face Impeachment?

Irv

50 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Good question.  If I'm reading the subtle nuances in the press as they've gone from denying these hearings are real to admitting they're real but still denying they have any substance.  The next step will be admitting they have substance but denying that substance means anything important (other than a crusade to "get" the Biden's).  How this progression from denial to proof to truth comes about will be interesting to watch and might take a while.

The other thing that peaks my interest is how this could all tie neatly into the impeachment proceedings we witnessed.  Recall then President Trump was charged with looking to dig up dirt on his political opponent in Ukraine of all places.  Suspiciously, the center of much conflict and warfare at the moment.  Coincidence, or not?  Here nobody in Washington seems eager to support any desire to track and account for all the money and weapons the US taxpayer has been graciously volunteered to provide.  

Recall so called whistle blower CIA operative Eric Ciaramella and Col, Vindman, I believe of the NSA, along with Intel Inspector General Michael Atkinson blew the whistle so to speak on Donald.  And off we went on to the impeachment drama.  Simultaneously, we now know the FBI was sitting on the infamous Hunter Biden laptop, unknown to Trump but certainly known to AG Barr and FBI director Wray.

I find it hard to believe the CIA, NSA, and the other intelligence agencies had no idea what the Biden's were up to in places like Ukraine and China.  These chaps know when a Bee lands on a clover in some obscure corner of the world so it seems plausible they knew what was going on and felt uncompleted to tell the truth.  Rather, that obstructed and hide the truth.  Maybe this is how the deep state operates,  Give the politicians enough rope to hang themselves and hold it over them so the spooks get their way?  It seems plausible they don't have the goods on the people running these hearings or else they'd disappear in a flash.

And given Barr and Wray obviously knew about the laptop they're guilty of hiding evidence that would have validated Trump's reasons for asking questions and provided probable cause to proceed further.  What was their motivation to disregard their sworn duties? 

Not to even mention the 51 or so former intelligence officials who lied about the origins of the laptop,  In order to protect Biden and enable his election.

My suggestion is eventually all these characters I've mentioned should see the inside of a jail cell for a long time.

But first, we'll need to get through the present drama. 

Not one of these characters will ever be charged, let alone see the inside of a jail cell. Nobody should ever have any illusions about that. They absolutely should be, but they won't under the current system.

The only chance we have is to damage them politically to an extent that you can remove all the swamp creatures, both dem and republican, thereby allowing these corrupt and weaponized institutions to be truly cleaned out and reformed.

Damaging them politically is even a long shot given the current acceptance of 'fortifying' our elections. 

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, T master said:

Nixon, Clinton, Trump, have all been impeached to no avail Obama, Biden, Hillary, and probably others should have been brought up on some kind of charges but either won't be or was swept under the rug , then there are the likes of Flynn & others that had their lives and careers derailed on BS conspiracy's .

Nixon was not impeached.  He resigned before it could get to impeachment. 

You may be too young to realize what was going on. I was a junior in HS when the hearings were going on. Junior year  wqsaa US history. My social studies teacher spent all spring  going over the constitution and how it applied to the hearings.She had us watch the national news and then discuss itt he next day.

29 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Impeachment. Aka the least effective tool in the constitution for reigning in presidential misconduct.

Goes like this.

Charges are brought up, cases are made, President receives a trial in the Senate, Senate votes to acquit on party lines.

Nothing is accomplished.

100% virtue signalling because no one will ever whip 66 Senators to vote for something besides farm subsidies or defense spending.

Move on and quit wasting everyone's time. 

That sounds like a reasonable approach.  But the political climate is beyond the point of reasonable.  And its too bad the Democrats didn't heed your advice back in 2020.  The knew clearly the votes in the Senate weren't there to convict.  They knew the charges were flimsy at best.  But they went ahead regardless.  As I recall they put on a couple "show" trials in the Senate along with allowing Nancy to glide across the floor of the House Chamber carrying articles of impeachment.  All covered quite enthusiastically and euphorically by their friends in the media.  It was quite a spectacle.  Quite simply, I sense people the Democrats have been pissing all over for 7+ years are excited by the prospects of returning the favor.  But I expect the revenge will be outing the corrupt old dirt bag for the lifetime grifter and influence peddler he is here. 

Personally, I think the Republicans should let Biden's rotting lame duck carcass finish out the term.  Let the Democrats figure out what to do with him.  Run him again (which I doubt), maybe invoke the 25th amendment and promote VP Harris to the top spot which I expect might cause all sorts of panic, or maybe try to pull a "fast one" and get somebody more favorable to the party leadership into the White House to finish the term and run in 2024.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Nixon was not impeached.  He resigned before it could get to impeachment. 

You may be too young to realize what was going on. I was a junior in HS when the hearings were going on. Junior year  wqsaa US history. My social studies teacher spent all spring  going over the constitution and how it applied to the hearings.She had us watch the national news and then discuss itt he next day.

I do remember & did know that Nixon was not impeached but had what little dignity left with in his moral structure to not put the country, him self & family through a long costly process and resigned prior to all of that unlike these politicians today that took their disgrace & made more money from it .

All while costing We the People a bunch of wasted money while  getting impeached . 

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

With a Straight (Botoxed) Face, Nancy Pelosi Claims Kevin McCarthy's 'Playing Politics' Regarding Impeachment

f3de22cb-91af-472b-ae2a-83e93ca4f4c9-860

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2023/07/26/with-a-straight-botoxed-face-nancy-pelosi-claims-kevin-mccarthys-playing-politics-regarding-impeachment-n781773

In the old hag's defense, she is probably drunk again.

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

In the old hag's defense, she is probably drunk again.

And yet she kept her House in order and delivered articles of impeachment not once, but twice.

Which her critics say was definitely the Worst Idea Ever in History since Trump had zero chance of actually being removed from office, but one that definitely should be repeated by McCarthy's House under precisely the same circumstances.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Then go ahead and impeach him!

It's not like anyone is stopping Kevin McCarthy from proceeding. Unless, of course, at least some of the members of his slim Republican majority don't want to go that route. That sounds like a Republican/McCarthy problem, not some kind of Democratic conspiracy ...

Keep your shirt on Frank. There’s no hurry here. 

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And yet she kept her House in order and delivered articles of impeachment not once, but twice.

Which her critics say was definitely the Worst Idea Ever in History since Trump had zero chance of actually being removed from office, but one that definitely should be repeated by McCarthy's House under precisely the same circumstances.

Payback's a Nancy Pelosi.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Keep your shirt on Frank. There’s no hurry here. 

Or maybe, just maybe ... they don't want to impeach Biden, at least not until he's officially renominated, lest it gives the Democratic power brokers and opportunity to push him out, and an opportunity for a younger candidate (not Kamala) to be his anointed successor. A big "be careful what you wish for."

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Or maybe, just maybe ... they don't want to impeach Biden, at least not until he's officially renominated, lest it gives the Democratic power brokers and opportunity to push him out, and an opportunity for a younger candidate (not Kamala) to be his anointed successor. A big "be careful what you wish for."

Holy *****!  I actually agree with you.  Here's the DNC gameplan:

1. Let Biden keep bumbling along, drooling,falling down and get the nomination.
  2. Before the election, Let's say October 1, 2024 invoke the 25th.   Presumed Biden can hang on that long.   
  3. October 15th, have a re-vote for the nomination and get Newsom in there.
  4. Newsom vs Trump November 4th. 
  5. If Newsom wins, Harris is POTUS (just like Biden since his inauguration) in name only, until the inauguration.

Write it down.  What a mess!   

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

Holy *****!  I actually agree with you.  Here's the DNC gameplan:

1. Let Biden keep bumbling along, drooling,falling down and get the nomination.
  2. Before the election, Let's say October 1, 2024 invoke the 25th.   Presumed Biden can hang on that long.   
  3. October 15th, have a re-vote for the nomination and get Newsom in there.
  4. Newsom vs Trump November 4th. 
  5. If Newsom wins, Harris is POTUS (just like Biden since his inauguration) in name only, until the inauguration.

Write it down.  What a mess!   

Well, the timeline would have to be earlier, but it could be something like this: some new and more damaging dirt on Biden comes out by next Spring, or even just before the convention. Biden withdraws for the good of the country. Kamala is sidelined for some ass-covering reason (I always thought Supreme Court nominee if someone conveniently resigns or even dies, but maybe something else). Boring standard-issue Democrat runs in Biden's stead, in time to get on all state ballots. Not Newsome - California is too divisive. Some Amy Klobuchar type.

Obviously the Dem power brokers would prefer a different candidate, but not just any (Kamala) different candidate. But the problem is Biden actually seems to want four more years, and Kamala as the understudy makes things difficult. So I wouldn't rule it out. And yes, I want it to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, the timeline would have to be earlier, but it could be something like this: some new and more damaging dirt on Biden comes out by next Spring, or even just before the convention. Biden withdraws for the good of the country. Kamala is sidelined for some ass-covering reason (I always thought Supreme Court nominee if someone conveniently resigns or even dies, but maybe something else). Boring standard-issue Democrat runs in Biden's stead, in time to get on all state ballots. Not Newsome - California is too divisive. Some Amy Klobuchar type.

Obviously the Dem power brokers would prefer a different candidate, but not just any (Kamala) different candidate. But the problem is Biden actually seems to want four more years, and Kamala as the understudy makes things difficult. So I wouldn't rule it out. And yes, I want it to happen.

He isn't getting four more years and I am not talking about a 2nd term. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You may be right or just maybe they want to build a case that will stick…not a sham of an impeachment like Adam Shifty tried to pull over on the American people. Maybe they actually care about the facts instead of the immature emotional temper tantrum. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So bring it on!

I guess an impeachment that has zero possibility of actually achieving the result is now officially a Great Idea.

You owe Nancy an apology.

Trump's impeachments had zero possibility of actually achieving the results (if you mean conviction and removal).  But he was still impeached, like Joke probably will be.  Again it's a political process.

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I said as much in another thread.

On 7/26/2023 at 7:30 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

That sounds like a reasonable approach.  But the political climate is beyond the point of reasonable.  And its too bad the Democrats didn't heed your advice back in 2020.  The knew clearly the votes in the Senate weren't there to convict.  They knew the charges were flimsy at best.  But they went ahead regardless.  As I recall they put on a couple "show" trials in the Senate along with allowing Nancy to glide across the floor of the House Chamber carrying articles of impeachment.  All covered quite enthusiastically and euphorically by their friends in the media.  It was quite a spectacle.  Quite simply, I sense people the Democrats have been pissing all over for 7+ years are excited by the prospects of returning the favor.  But I expect the revenge will be outing the corrupt old dirt bag for the lifetime grifter and influence peddler he is here. 

Personally, I think the Republicans should let Biden's rotting lame duck carcass finish out the term.  Let the Democrats figure out what to do with him.  Run him again (which I doubt), maybe invoke the 25th amendment and promote VP Harris to the top spot which I expect might cause all sorts of panic, or maybe try to pull a "fast one" and get somebody more favorable to the party leadership into the White House to finish the term and run in 2024.  

If I remember correctly, the exact verbiage that the GOP was using in the last Trump impeachment was that it didn’t make any sense to impeach an outgoing president could’ve swore. I heard that somewhere.