Poyer Charity Golf Tournament is back on

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

In your last two posts you’ve culturally misappropriated, acted as a misogynistic elitist, opined that a person with decency in their heart should consider bowing to the perpetually societally agitated in determining the locale for his acts of good.  Celebrate choice Red! 

But, you’re down with the outcome and that’s enough for one day! 

tomato, tomahto.  Beer cart girl is a good job.  Outside all day in a beautiful place.  Usually a members daughter so players are polite.  Good tips...what's not to like?

Edited by redtail hawk

38 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes, we know.  your tribe likes to fight...often over stupid, inconsequential things just so only your vision of our culture should exist.

It’s actually the vision of every culture until wokeness showed up 15 minutes ago, and tried to control nature…

No culture has ever promoted transgender ideology…

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Still legalizes descrimination. 

It's disingenuous to make arguments like this: 

I get it, its messy, but there are a lot of gays getting married, so its normal now, those silly secenerios they made up out of whole cloth are not normal. 

I'm off to go breath some smog now...

I know the word “discrimination” has become synonymous with something negative…But the truth of the matter is that not all discrimination is bad- and, in fact, everybody discriminates every day in just about everything we do…

If you owned a bakery and some guy wanted you to make them a cake with a picture of you sucking a wang, would you do it?

Now, don’t make me call you out for discrimination…😉

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

It’s actually the vision of every culture until wokeness showed up 15 minutes ago, and tried to control nature…

No culture has ever promoted transgender ideology…

This is a very good point.  Not sure it's true but I can't think of another one either.  The ads were strange and were stupid.  no doubt.

21 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I know the word “discrimination” has become synonymous with something negative…But the truth of the matter is that not all discrimination is bad- and, in fact, everybody discriminates every day in just about everything we do…

If you owned a bakery and some guy wanted you to make them a cake with a picture of you sucking a wang, would you do it?

Now, don’t make me call you out for discrimination…😉

I’ve used this example before…as an Architect am I supposed to be forced to spend literally hundreds of hours designing an abortion clinic? This goes way, way beyond somebody baking a cake for a few minutes. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Not everyone, Conservatives just legalized discrimination of gays, so no table for them 

Conservatives saved gay people from

being forced to design anti-gay marriage websites as well. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve used this example before…as an Architect am I supposed to be forced to spend literally hundreds of hours designing an abortion clinic? This goes way, way beyond somebody baking a cake for a few minutes. 

You mean a family planning center of course.

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

When? Link? 

It’s literally the basis of the ruling. 

You cannot compel speech in that regard. 

It works both ways. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh go drink a Bud Light and relax 🙃

The funny thing is, I can’t stand Bud Light even before all this happened. Just a horrible beer, but Anheuser-Busch still makes his money because I do like Modelo.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, that's not how it works.  AB wanted to change their consumer base.  They succeeded.

LGBQ makes up about 1% of the population I doubt very seriously that Anheuser-Busch wanted to change their consumer base they were probably just trying to add to it

But you know they’re playing 3-D chess because it drove them all the Modelo also owned by Anheuser Busch

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

LGBQ makes up about 1% of the population I doubt very seriously that Anheuser-Busch wanted to change their consumer base they were probably just trying to add to it

But you know they’re playing 3-D chess because it drove them all the Modelo also owned by Anheuser Busch

The girl literally said they didn't want the "fratty" image associated with the beer anymore. 

And Modelo in the US is owned by Constellation Brands, not AB who sold it to them in 2013.  The D's stand for "dumb, dumb, dumb."

14 hours ago, Doc said:

The girl literally said they didn't want the "fratty" image associated with the beer anymore. 

And Modelo in the US is owned by Constellation Brands, not AB who sold it to them in 2013.  The D's stand for "dumb, dumb, dumb."

There are still parts of Modelo that are owned by Anheuser-Busch outside of the United States

And getting upset because she said Fratty really what kind of beer do you think the people drinking frat houses in college they don’t have very much money

Bud Light is a cheap I’ll be at disgusting beer that college students go to because they don’t have a lot of money to pay for beer hence the Fratty

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

There are still parts of Modelo that are owned by Anheuser-Busch outside of the United States

And getting upset because she said Fratty really what kind of beer do you think the people drinking frat houses in college they don’t have very much money

Bud Light is a cheap I’ll be at disgusting beer that college students go to because they don’t have a lot of money to pay for beer hence the Fratty

Yes AB owns Modelo outside the US.  So any gains in Modelo in the US market are going to Constellation Brands.

Many were upset that they partnered with a trans activist.  The fratty part came after an interview soon after.  Budweiser became the giant they are not because they had a great beer, but because of marketing and understanding their consumer.  They either failed to do marketing research here and/or thought they were invincible.

Edited by Doc

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes AB owns Modelo outside the US.  So any gains in Modelo in the US market are going to Constellation Brands.

Many were upset that they partnered with a trans activist.  The fratty part came after an interview soon after.  Budweiser became the giant they are not because they had a great beer, but because of marketing and understanding their consumer.  They either failed to do marketing research here and/or thought they were invincible.

They pretty much or whenever it comes to the beer industry they own practically everything

People need to understand that there is life outside the United States. The world is a big place. We don’t just drink beer in Alabama.

As far as their marketing goes what they didn’t anticipate, is just how much people love to hate for no reason

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They pretty much or whenever it comes to the beer industry they own practically everything

People need to understand that there is life outside the United States. The world is a big place. We don’t just drink beer in Alabama.

As far as their marketing goes what they didn’t anticipate, is just how much people love to hate for no reason

History is littered with companies that used to own practically everything...until they didn't because of missteps.  Again never give people a reason to realize they can do (better) without you.   AB will never regain that market share in the US and likely won't recover their stock price but they're in no danger of going under.

And I doubt the trans-marketing is resonating in other countries given AB's $20B drop in valuation. 

Proper marketing (research) takes everything into account.  I think it was both lack of marketing and thinking they were invincible.

Edited by Doc