Poyer Charity Golf Tournament is back on

Well, I gotta hand it to Poyer for doubling down here. I had not idea what the new sponsor - "PublicSq." - was, so I checked. It's an attempt to create an alterna-Amazon that vets merchants for their adherence to "conservative" principles. Apparently Donald Trump Jr. is an investor.

You now know the facts. Support him, decry him, or ignore his politics (my choice; he's a football player, I watch him play football and really don't care about his politics).

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, I gotta hand it to Poyer for doubling down here. I had not idea what the new sponsor - "PublicSq." - was, so I checked. It's an attempt to create an alterna-Amazon that vets merchants for their adherence to "conservative" principles. Apparently Donald Trump Jr. is an investor.

You now know the facts. Support him, decry him, or ignore his politics (my choice; he's a football player, I watch him play football and really don't care about his politics).

At least Poyer has an excuse. Too many concussions 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Westside said:

What’s your excuse then? Again, you try so hard to make people believe you’re an elite. 

It’s about competition. I like it, especially when the rules are enforced. I guess that equates to elitism in your mind. Winning is good. Losing is bad. Elites that win without cheating represent the American dream.  Poyer’s done that but it appears to have cost him his mind.   I’m not in Poyers league but my mind is pretty clear. 

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What's your point here?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Umm, I think it's that Poyer got in bed with a scumbag to fund his politically charged tournament.

Oh I see.  Bitching about nothing.  That's what I thought.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did you ever consider that Poyer may have been tapped as a potential candidate by the MAGA's?  He's almost done with his NFL career.  Football players and crazy SEC coaches are part of their stable.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/mike-freeman/2023/07/01/tommy-tuberville-good-football-coach-terrible-senator/70368165007/?gnt-cfr=1

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who's bitching? I said I don't care about his politics. I like him as a football player.

I'm saying that he did, in fact, double down on the political implications of his tourney. It started as a charity that just so happened to be scheduled for Trump's Doral. His original sponsor was uncomfortable with that. So he found a substitute sponsor that is overtly political.

It's a fact, not an opinion, not bitching. Some will love it, some will hate it, I will watch him on Sundays in fall and ignore him in the summer.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Umm, I think it's that Poyer got in bed with a scumbag to fund his politically charged tournament.

It started out as "I have a summer charity golf tournament, and it just so happens that I scheduled it for a Trump course."

Either as a reaction to criticism, or as an expression of Poyer's true intent, it is not now something that is implicitly political, but something that is expressly political. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Who's bitching? I said I don't care about his politics. I like him as a football player.

I'm saying that he did, in fact, double down on the political implications of his tourney. It started as a charity that just so happened to be scheduled for Trump's Doral. His original sponsor was uncomfortable with that. So he found a substitute sponsor that is overtly political.

It's a fact, not an opinion, not bitching. Some will love it, some will hate it, I will watch him on Sundays in fall and ignore him in the summer.

The PublicSq screed.  After the woke left shut down his charity golf tourney, he found another sponsor.  Good for him/his charity.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Did you ever consider that Poyer may have been tapped as a potential candidate by the MAGA's?  He's almost done with his NFL career.  Football players and crazy SEC coaches are part of their stable.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/mike-freeman/2023/07/01/tommy-tuberville-good-football-coach-terrible-senator/70368165007/?gnt-cfr=1

It's a lot less funny than Herschel Stupid running for Senate @Doc.  In this case this is probably a good move for Poyer and he has some smarts it appears.  He's capitalizing while he's relevant.  It amazes me that you MAGA's make Biden out to be the manchurian candidate and pay no attention to the puppets the R's nominate.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

The PublicSq screed.  After the woke left shut down his charity golf tourney, he found another sponsor.  Good for him/his charity.

Yes, never was nor is there now a political agenda...

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

It's a lot less funny than Herschel Stupid running for Senate @Doc

John Fetterman says "hold my beer."

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes, never was nor is there now a political agenda...

There was a political agenda previously?  LOL!  Good one.  It's amazing the idiots that didn't realize Doral was owned by Trump suddenly came to that realization recently.  Morons.

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

No he says, "I helped win control of the Senate"...Dr Oz says "take your vitamins...here's my website..."

More like "I helped...a collapsed bridge."

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

you mean by understanding how the balance of power is supposed to work?

So you were/are fine with a guy who had a stroke and everyone knew would never fully recover getting elected because it allowed the Dems to keep control of the Senate?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

So you were/are fine with a guy who had a stroke and everyone knew would never fully recover getting elected because it allowed the Dems to keep control of the Senate?

Yes, it was too late for anyone else to win.  
In this case, the ends did justify the means. It's not like he paid off a hooker he repeatedly slept with.  I'm sure there are a flock of advisors around him.

Edited by redtail hawk