McDermott & Beane Extended Through 2027

BritBill

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't think Beane is really a puppet to that level..........but no question that McDermott is the most powerful man in the organization so it stands to reason that things that he has a strong conviction on will take precedent over whatever personal vision Beane might have.   If Beane is getting lead around more than it seems though.........then it only moves Beane further into the pack of NFL GM's.

Yea agree. I think Beane does run personnel and I think the decisions are ultimately his decisions. But should there ever be a conflict between what he wants to do and what McDermott wants then it is clear the coach has the overrule power. But I don't think McDermott is GM in all but name. Brandon Beane is the GM the personnel decisions are his. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea agree. I think Beane does run personnel and I think the decisions are ultimately his decisions. But should there ever be a conflict between what he wants to do and what McDermott wants then it is clear the coach has the overrule power. But I don't think McDermott is GM in all but name. Brandon Beane is the GM the personnel decisions are his. 

When it comes to personnel the GM and Coach work together as a team. The Coach is obviously concerned about what he needs on the field to make his team ‘work’ now. The GM has a longer vision, taking into account the financial side of the player contracts and the ever looming salary cap. 

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Kelce is one of the best if not the best at the position. Every team tries and fails to stop him. You just have to try and limit the damage so you can still have a chance to beat the Chiefs. 

He's athletic and smart.  From what I understand, there are multiple options for a receiver to run based on what the defense is doing.  

I asked a friend who was invited to an NFL camp but didn't make it (he also told me Eddie George was HUGE can roll his d*** into a honey bun) on why some WR in the NFL don't look like they get their full burst right after the snap.  He said it's because you first have to recognize what the defense is doing to know which route to run.  That's why you see some balls thrown and no one is in the area....miss communication.

So Kelce can beat any defender athletically but also knows exactly where he's supposed to be every time....he anticipates where the openings are going to be.

He is to me, without a doubt, the best TE ever.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Really? Wouldn’t you like the Bills offense to include just such a safety valve? I know I would. And I’m really hoping Kincaid can be something close. That assumes of course that Dorsey allows Josh to look for him. 

I am sorry to break this to you but the chances of Kincaid being something close to Kelce are almost zero

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I am sorry to break this to you but the chances of Kincaid being something close to Kelce are almost zero

Yeah.  That's like telling Ed Oliver you have to be Aaron Donald.  I'll take a Zach Ertz or a Greg Olsen though.  I think that's not an unreasonable expectation.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Can't you see how contradictory this post is. Do you wish to change the wording perhaps?

You state that  "McDermott has the overrule power" (you even stated that this is "clear" ) but Beane makes the personnel decisions? 

Really?

15 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Can't you see how contradictory this post is. Do you wish to change the wording perhaps?

You state that  "McDermott has the overrule power" (you even stated that this is "clear" ) but Beane makes the personnel decisions? 

Really?

He has the overrule power. That does not mean he uses it. Beane runs personnel. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.