DREW GIERS PODCAST- The Rockpile Report 6/16-

NewEra

On 6/16/2023 at 1:43 PM, NewEra said:

Drew = the people that have a clue on TBD

The callers = the sadness brigade and those applying for acceptance into the contingent 

he calls himself the rockpile review or uses it in his video and that is a complete disrespect to all @Shaw66 has done around here.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

• NewEra changed the title to DREW GIERS PODCAST- The Rockpile Report 6/16-
2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

this is NOT disrespect towards you.. I just don't think anyone should be saying rockpile review other than shaw. 

I think the world is too sensitive to things that mean very little.  

No offense @Shaw66i love the work you do and your posts were one of the only things I read on bbmb (as almost everything else was utter garbage).  

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/18/2023 at 10:05 AM, NewEra said:

I think the world is too sensitive to things that mean very little.  

No offense @Shaw66i love the work you do and your posts were one of the only things I read on bbmb (as almost everything else was utter garbage).  

It's not sensitivity but respect for probably the most wise and well liked Mafia member on TBD... that's all... nothing personal, promise!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's not sensitivity but respect for probably the most wise and well liked Mafia member on TBD... that's all... nothing personal, promise!

Is Drew on TBD?  Was he on BBMB?  

Being sensitive is what makes this a debate about respect.  

We’re talking about a message board topic title and a podcast sharing the same name.  

respect?  Good lord.

Come on.  I'll admit, I opened this thread because I wanted to see who it was who was calling himself the Rockpile Report.   I did.  There's a selfish part of me that doesn't want anyone using my tradename.   But there's also the lawyer part of me that knows that I'm probably going to lose that legal battle.   And there's the lawyer part of me that also doesn't want to be standing in front of judge who's looking at me and saying, "Really?   Really?   You think you're somehow entitled to exclusive use of the word 'Rockpile'?"

I mean, thanks to people who have come to my defense, but there are better things to talk about than the fact that some guy wants to call his podcast the Rockpile Report.  Like, does this kerfuffle last week about Diggs really worth talking about.  I click on the podcast to hear his point of view, and I kept clicking forward in the podcast.  Every time I stopped and played it, all he was talking about was how he takes lunch breaks and stupid callers on WGR and what he's drinking.  I gave up. 

At least when you read the Rockpile Review, it's actually about the Bills. 

I'll be on vacation for a few weeks, but I certainly don't expect to miss much Bills news.    I wouldn't want to miss McDermott getting fired. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Is Drew on TBD?  Was he on BBMB?  

Being sensitive is what makes this a debate about respect.  

We’re talking about a message board topic title and a podcast sharing the same name.  

respect?  Good lord.

Respect is an integral part of society, like it or not, and now who is being sensitive?

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I'll be on vacation for a few weeks, but I certainly don't expect to miss much Bills news.    I wouldn't want to miss McDermott getting fired. 

I sincerely doubt there is any chance of that before 2024... I don't expect him to last myself, but he could very well turn the defense around. I just wish we had JIM SCHWARTZ to coach up this defense. He was the best DC we've had since Wade Phillips and Ted Cottrell.

Never heard of him, is he a jag, or does he have some insight that’s worth using up some of the precious minutes I have left to live? 

23 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Come on.  I'll admit, I opened this thread because I wanted to see who it was who was calling himself the Rockpile Report.   I did.  There's a selfish part of me that doesn't want anyone using my tradename.   But there's also the lawyer part of me that knows that I'm probably going to lose that legal battle.   And there's the lawyer part of me that also doesn't want to be standing in front of judge who's looking at me and saying, "Really?   Really?   You think you're somehow entitled to exclusive use of the word 'Rockpile'?"

I mean, thanks to people who have come to my defense, but there are better things to talk about than the fact that some guy wants to call his podcast the Rockpile Report.  Like, does this kerfuffle last week about Diggs really worth talking about.  I click on the podcast to hear his point of view, and I kept clicking forward in the podcast.  Every time I stopped and played it, all he was talking about was how he takes lunch breaks and stupid callers on WGR and what he's drinking.  I gave up. 

At least when you read the Rockpile Review, it's actually about the Bills. 

You have a huge fan base and what most of this is, is all about respect.  its not just the word. It is the person behind the word and the authenticity of what you say on what you post that matters the most. THAT is why I would never utter Rockpile next to what I produce. Rockpile Exemplifies the person behind the word. 

Respect. 

35 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

You have a huge fan base and what most of this is, is all about respect.  its not just the word. It is the person behind the word and the authenticity of what you say on what you post that matters the most. THAT is why I would never utter Rockpile next to what I produce. Rockpile Exemplifies the person behind the word. 

Respect. 

Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Respect is an integral part of society, like it or not, and now who is being sensitive?

So who am I or drew disrespecting?  @Shaw66?  You think I disrespected him with this post?  You think drew disrespected him by naming his podcast the rockpile report?

Hey I like Drew and Chris but they don't me fighting their battles.

It's an acquired taste but so is IPA and I love that!!

He's a regular guy who likes to booze and talks Bills.  What's not to like? 

It is the hardest drinking Bills podcast!!!!

Edited by The Tomcat
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.