Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

who knew that NHL scoring was such a conundrum. 

all these points totals are moot until the end of the season anyway . I'll check back then and see how they officially landed in the standings

It would make most sense to make games worth 3 points.  If you win in regulation, you get all 3.  If you win in OT, you get 2 and the other team gets 1.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It would make most sense to make games worth 3 points.  If you win in regulation, you get all 3.  If you win in OT, you get 2 and the other team gets 1.

this is the easiest and obvious answer.  All games should be and need to be weighted the same.  Imagine if a Jets/Dolphins game ended up being worth 1.5 wins in the standings because they went to overtime?

4 hours ago, muppy said:

who knew that NHL scoring was such a conundrum. 

all these points totals are moot until the end of the season anyway . I'll check back then and see how they officially landed in the standings

In this context it is.  Kevyn Adams gaslights the .500 thing (as he does in today's TBN interview) to imply that the Sabres are average and better than they are.  It is a deception as they have the 8th-worst record in the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 pts regulation win

2 pts OT or shootout (SO) win

1 pt to OT or SO loser

It makes sense on so many levels.

Each game having the same total points awarded being chief among them. 

Beyond that it fixes the incentive teams have in the late 3rd of a tie game. Would fans rather watch teams battle for a 3 point win or try to hang on for a guaranteed point?   Teams should be incentivized to play for the 3 pt. win in regulation.

Not to play for the guaranteed pt. of a tie. This is a huge mistake by the NHL that should be fixed after this season. 

If they don't like the 3 point win they should do away with the 1 pt. ties altogether.

Using the shootout there are no more ties anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 game stretch beginning today

Mar 6 2024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs

4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PST Scotiabank Arena

Edited by muppy

I don’t mind this deal so much.  It is clear that they weren’t going to extend Mitts anyway, and are getting a solid top 4 defenseman that is under contract until the end of next season.  While I hate seeing Mitts go, I think the compensation here is pretty freaking solid.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t mind this deal so much.  It is clear that they weren’t going to extend Mitts anyway, and are getting a solid top 4 defenseman that is under contract until the end of next season.  While I hate seeing Mitts go, I think the compensation here is pretty freaking solid.  

I just don't understand why they're stockpiling LHD when they need righties. Also the kid is 22 (great!) but has already missed significant time with 3 concussions (yikes!)

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Not sad to see him go in the least. Career high 15 goals AND it gets him out of what has to be an absolute garbage locker room based on the ridiculous season they've had? Sold. Wherever will all the boys go to game now? So sad.

Skinner next no matter the price to move him and frankly I'd like Tuch gone too. His home/away splits are abysmal.  Away being the better of the two which is bizarre and points to a problematic situation of some nature that magically doesn't follow him onto the team charter.  Move Okposo and E. Johnson out of respect, but that's not going to yield anything noteworthy.  I think one of the young D is going too but I'm not sure which one.  Too much youth and too much left handedness with Bryam in the fold. Again, that might be a summer move.

Edited by That's No Moon

8 hours ago, QCity said:

I just don't understand why they're stockpiling LHD when they need righties. Also the kid is 22 (great!) but has already missed significant time with 3 concussions (yikes!)

I believe he plays right as well

Mar 7 2024

🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Nashville Predators

5:00 PM - 8:00 PM PST

Bridgestone Arena

a rebound is in order. I will be watching but late. I am not a patient puck fan. I want a DUB and I want it TONIGHT!

GO SABRES

our sabres are losing handily 4-1 with 10 minutes left third period.  PIFFLE

I hate those mustard yellow uniforms Nashville pfft

a comeback is unlikely a la ****** poop.

SABRES!~!~!!!🤨

EDIT: 4-2 Sabres lose

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 2