Former first round picks on our defensive line

20 hours ago, NewEra said:

Von Miller returning, adding Leonard floyd and Poona Ford.  Hyde returning. Poyer being healthy.  Tre being recovered.  Elam and Benford with a years experience. Rousseau continuing to improve.  

but you be you 🧌 

I felt like Rousseau was banged up towards the end of the year too.  I don't see him as this quick twitch pass rusher who nails double digit sacks, but I do like him to maybe kick inside on 3rd and longs.  If Miller doesn't get hurt in Detroit, I wonder if Rousseau is eased back in slower coming off of a high ankle sprain.  

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I felt like Rousseau was banged up towards the end of the year too.  I don't see him as this quick twitch pass rusher who nails double digit sacks, but I do like him to maybe kick inside on 3rd and longs.  If Miller doesn't get hurt in Detroit, I wonder if Rousseau is eased back in slower coming off of a high ankle sprain.  

💯 

Rousseau was injured and losing von put all the pressure and double teams on him.  No one was worried about Shaq and AJ.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/7/2023 at 2:58 PM, Nextmanup said:

Is this based on anything other than willful optimism?

I've watched some clips of last year when Edmunds was our MLB he missed quite a few plays & was out of place on a lot of plays & that is my reason for thinking this D given those they have brought in & plays being called by our HC will make a huge difference ,

20 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Those are my only real questions.  It’s June so I remain hopeful.

My only real question is will the team be able to play its best football and/or get a break of the ball or two in January? If the answer to that is yes the Bills can definitely win the Superbowl. If it's no, they can't. That is the lesson of the last three AFC playoffs. If you can't bring your absolute A game on the day there is no route for you because the competition is fierce. I think on the NFC side you can find a way through, but on the AFC side you are going to have to beat the best. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

My only real question is will the team be able to play its best football and/or get a break of the ball or two in January? If the answer to that is yes the Bills can definitely win the Superbowl. If it's no, they can't. That is the lesson of the last three AFC playoffs. If you can't bring your absolute A game on the day there is no route for you because the competition is fierce. I think on the NFC side you can find a way through, but on the AFC side you are going to have to beat the best. 

Well said Gunner. We’ve seen seemingly countless examples of this in so many of the major sports leagues over the last few years. The Boston Bruins just had the best season in the history of hockey and yet aren’t in the Finals. I believe the LA Dodgers recently did the same in baseball. And the NBA teams have pretty much all figured out that winning the regular season means nothing anymore. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.