Former first round picks on our defensive line

• John from Riverside changed the title to Former first round picks on our defensive line
39 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Groot

von

oliver

floyd

how about that

Not sure I'd consider the efforts of all 4 are consistently of a 1st round caliber of defensive player for me.  Of the 4 I'd say Von was the most consistent but he's also the talented veteran so I'd expect him to be consistent on experience alone.  Did we have an y other 1st rounders back in  the Bruce Smith years on defense?  I don't recall that we did.  I know we did get Bennett but he was a lb not dl.

Plus, you know, the guy we drafted in the first round.  Shaq's career and perception among Bills fans is truly unique for an underwhelming Bills first round pick.

45 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Lawson was as well.

Shane Ray too.  Maybe we can pry Maybin away from his art career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Plus, you know, the guy we drafted in the first round.  Shaq's career and perception among Bills fans is truly unique for an underwhelming Bills first round pick.

Shane Ray too.  Maybe we can pry Maybin away from his art career.

Nah, Maybin would have to bulk up again…, 

😂

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Groot

von

oliver

floyd

how about that

I am saying it right now... This DL is going to over produce and go over expectations of others by the time this year is done (barring injuries) When that big body is going to be in on all this at DT? We will create matchup nightmares on any OL that is not a top 5 OL. Groot and Oliver take any kind of small step forward? oh boy :D 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Groot

von

oliver

floyd

how about that

I think this years D is going to be a lot better on the field don't really care about the certain stats as far as where they rank but i think they will be getting after it & there will be a lot more pressure put on the opposing teams than what we have seen in the recent past ...

GO BILLS !!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Bills have had a lot of first rounders on the d line for a quite while. 

2021 had five:

Jerry Hughes

Star Lotulelei

Greg Rousseau

Vernon Butler

Ed Oliver

2020 had three:

Jerry Hughes

Vernon Butler

Ed Oliver

2019 also had five:

Jerry Hughes

Ed Oliver

Star Lotulelei

Corey Liuget

Shaq Lawson

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I am saying it right now... This DL is going to over produce and go over expectations of others by the time this year is done (barring injuries) When that big body is going to be in on all this at DT? We will create matchup nightmares on any OL that is not a top 5 OL. Groot and Oliver take any kind of small step forward? oh boy :D 

Agreed.  Stay healthy and our D will be a menace 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, T master said:

I think this years D is going to be a lot better on the field don't really care about the certain stats as far as where they rank but i think they will be getting after it & there will be a lot more pressure put on the opposing teams than what we have seen in the recent past ...

GO BILLS !!!!

Is this based on anything other than willful optimism?

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Von Miller returning, adding Leonard floyd and Poona Ford.  Hyde returning. Poyer being healthy.  Tre being recovered.  Elam and Benford with a years experience. Rousseau continuing to improve.  

but you be you 🧌 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I think there is a big difference between Willful Optimism and just looking at things a cup half full, knowing what is ahead of us. What the Bills did this off season made me optimistic... and I am sure if we threw a poll up showing names, 75% of this board would be optimistic.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.