Ed Oliver big extension

HappyDays

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

Oliver has drawn a ton of doubles over the last couple years; when Von went out, that number probably went through the roof.

If you go back and watch the last Cincy game, the level of fear and respect he drew from the Bengals Offensive coaching staff might make your head explode. 🤯

He got left 1v1 a couple times early and lost contain in pass rush iirc

When doubled he got moved pretty easily for some big Mixon runs, I mean w a backup online they rushed for 170. 

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

We're wasting Allen and while many can't see it for having blinders on, this team is patently mediocre w/o Allen.  

It's funny, our RBs are mediocre they say.  Our WRs aren't good besides Diggs.  Knox is overrated.  Our OL isn't good they say.  Same for our DL.  LBs, .... LMAO, what to say there.  And last year we didn't have an average CB on the field.  

BUT, Beane's done a fantastic job.  LOL  Honestly ... 

I wish we were the Chiefs, who are an absolute juggernaut without Mahomes

• Thank you (+1) 1

We're wasting Allen and while many can't see it for having blinders on, this team is patently mediocre w/o Allen.  

It's funny, our RBs are mediocre they say.  Our WRs aren't good besides Diggs.  Knox is overrated.  Our OL isn't good they say.  Same for our DL.  LBs, .... LMAO, what to say there.  And last year we didn't have an average CB on the field.  

No money for anything, but let’s throw 68M at a ROTATIONAL DT.. yep, just killing it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

The second a person has to lead to personal insulting to prove a point is the second their point is lost.  This type of posting is what I hope to see less of on these boards. 

I as well.  That's why I don't do it.  I much prefer an intelligent back-n-forth even in disagreement.  

Almost no one is going to ever agree with anyone else here all the time.  I align with several posters, but that doesn't mean we agree on everything.  

Some people simply have emotional trouble with opinions that aren't in their team view.  Who knows, perhaps they're young, or perhaps they have bad things going on at home or something, you never know.  I would think that trying to get along here would help though.   

Ahh well, that's the way forums are.  LOL  

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

You are the only that keeps saying that, which explains quite a bit

Keep trolling this thread repeatedly with stupid shlt and you get what you deserve 🤷‍♂️

SMH ... 

I feel sorry for you.  

Not sure what I did to you personally, I dont' think anything.  Have a great evening.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It's also not like he's been good.  He's been pretty average, it seems to me that we could easily have drafted his equal in round 1 next season if we wanted to. 

As well, it's also not like the Bills are going to reach the Super Bowl because of this signing.  

Have you taken a peek at Oliver's playoff performances?  

In 8 playoff games, he's got 2 sacks, 4 TFL, and 5 QB Hits.  1 of the sacks, 1 of the TFL, and 3 of the QB Hits were on Skylar Thompson and the Fins.  

In 7 other playoff games he's got 1 sack, 3 TFL, and 2 QB Hits.  That's hardly the mark of a 4-year $68M contract.  

I'm hesitant to evaluate DT's with stats and even in my worst critique I would never think a 1st round yet to be drafted player would be a replacement. Ed has worked out. To what level still remains to be seen. Any future draft pick has not accomplished that much.   

I as well.  That's why I don't do it.  I much prefer an intelligent back-n-forth even in disagreement.  

Almost no one is going to ever agree with anyone else here all the time.  I align with several posters, but that doesn't mean we agree on everything.  

Some people simply have emotional trouble with opinions that aren't in their team view.  Who knows, perhaps they're young, or perhaps they have bad things going on at home or something, you never know.  I would think that trying to get along here would help though.   

Ahh well, that's the way forums are.  LOL  

you just said " That's why I don't do it. "  AND THEN say this.. Some people simply have emotional trouble with opinions that aren't in their team view.

Stop it

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

We have unfortunately lost the power rankings going on within your head while accidently stumbling to a 13-3 record on the field.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Just checking.. how have they been doing in big games?

With Mahomes....they won the Super Bowl.  But that's not your point.  Your point is who are the Bills without their best player.  And I ask you, who are the Chiefs without Mahomes?

• Like (+1) 1

Well... Can't say I saw this coming...

I swear I don't want to Ed-bash...Especially now...

This deal is assuming an uptick from Oliver to be a bargain. And it could end up being a bargain. He's only played at that level in spurts during his 4 years. I understand Ed has done better when he's had help. Of course. But still...He's a top 10 overall Draft pick who just got a 17 AAV deal with his top sack season being 5 in 2019... The expectations really ramp up from Bills fans and media now...I don't care what the top end market is at DT. Ed just got a lot of money. 

We'll see...Let's hope he makes it a bargain... That would be cool... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I'm hesitant to evaluate DT's with stats and even in my worst critique I would never think a 1st round yet to be drafted player would be a replacement. Ed has worked out. To what level still remains to be seen. Any future draft pick has not accomplished that much.   

I hear ya, but at some point it's settling.  

As I've said, everyone here supporting the move complains about every other aspect of our team, that those units fall short, but for some reason Beane's doing a great job.  It makes zero sense and does not logically align, thinking like that.  

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Don’t understand this at all. Let him play the final year and then you could have paid him that if he improved. 

Only way I see them doing this is if they are trying to free up cap space for another signing, combined with this Oliver contract having an easy out after a year or two…👍

30 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Detroit, yeah, LOL.  

And in just about every other game you couldn't tell the difference between him and any mediocre DT in the league.  

There’s only a small handful of DTs that are noticeable every game and they make or will make the top money, not this middle of the league money Oliver just signed for.

DT isn’t a splash play position.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.