Welp, Now The MAGA Mob Is Up In Arms Over Chick-Fil-A! *Like Snowflakes Falling on the Warm Ground*

https://www.newsweek.com/chick-fil-conservative-backlash-diversity-1803387

Chick-fil-A is receiving an onslaught of conservative ire after the company's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiative spread across social media.

"One of our core values at Chick-fil-A, Inc. is that we are better together," reads the company's website, which now includes a DEI section. "When we combine our unique backgrounds and experiences with a culture of belonging, we can discover new ways to strengthen the quality of care we deliver: to customers, to the communities we serve and to the world. We understand that getting Better at Together means we learn better, care better, grow better and serve better."

Approximately 80 percent of United States employers have DEI initiatives, according to Corporate Compliance Insights. Brands like Bud Light and Target have recently experienced backlash and market shifts due to boycott efforts after the beer partnered with transgendered activist Dylan Mulvaney and Target released "tuck-friendly" swimsuits, that allow trans women who have not had gender-affirmation surgery to conceal their genitals, ahead of LGBTQ+ Pride Month in June.

Wait so conservatives have actual principles and don't like when ANY corporate entity caves to the woke DEI BS?

You mean they aren't zombies who march in lockstep to whatever their overlords say?

Gee, who knew?

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, doubt it. Keep hoping though 

gotta be in the conversation at dem strategy meetings right now. cause in the past i'd been told republicans were too poor or stupid to pull of boycotts like this. so who's pulling it off?

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.newsweek.com/chick-fil-conservative-backlash-diversity-1803387

Chick-fil-A is receiving an onslaught of conservative ire after the company's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiative spread across social media.

"One of our core values at Chick-fil-A, Inc. is that we are better together," reads the company's website, which now includes a DEI section. "When we combine our unique backgrounds and experiences with a culture of belonging, we can discover new ways to strengthen the quality of care we deliver: to customers, to the communities we serve and to the world. We understand that getting Better at Together means we learn better, care better, grow better and serve better."

Approximately 80 percent of United States employers have DEI initiatives, according to Corporate Compliance Insights. Brands like Bud Light and Target have recently experienced backlash and market shifts due to boycott efforts after the beer partnered with transgendered activist Dylan Mulvaney and Target released "tuck-friendly" swimsuits, that allow trans women who have not had gender-affirmation surgery to conceal their genitals, ahead of LGBTQ+ Pride Month in June.

The left boycotted Chick-fil-A not too long ago, I believe over their strong Christian culture, which included millions donated to what the left considered anti LGBT groups.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

i think the left might be starting to worry they could lose the independent voters over ***** like this. 

I think what the high priests (you've got to be high to believe the crap they do) in the social justice religion are worried about is the ability to push other people around, penalize, and hurt any non-conformists is no longer their exclusive monopoly.  When people are making a statement with a simple act of withholding their money from public companies they perceive as unfriendly to their interests it's hard to get a fix on the target (no pun intended).  All their tactics of harassment and intimidation are useless.  They're so scared you can smell the fear.  

• Like (+1) 2

I'm enjoying the hypocrisy of the same people who cried about cancel culture canceling Bud Light and Jesus Chicken. What's next, NASCAR? Hobby Lobby? Bass Pro Shop? Walmart? You're all gonna have to start eating arugula with the hippies if you keep it up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I'm enjoying the hypocrisy of the same people who cried about cancel culture canceling Bud Light and Jesus Chicken. What's next, NASCAR? Hobby Lobby? Bass Pro Shop? Walmart? You're all gonna have to start eating arugula with the hippies if you keep it up.

Haha that's what I was going to say. How is this any different than cancel culture? So many of those same people have become just as reactive and petty as the people they complained for so long about. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think what the high priests (you've got to be high to believe the crap they do) in the social justice religion are worried about is the ability to push other people around, penalize, and hurt any non-conformists is no longer their exclusive monopoly.  When people are making a statement with a simple act of withholding their money from public companies they perceive as unfriendly to their interests it's hard to get a fix on the target (no pun intended).  All their tactics of harassment and intimidation are useless.  They're so scared you can smell the fear.  

And the Christian/Conservative religion literally to this day still push for laws to not allow homosexuals to get married because they personally believe it is wrong after already doing it for hundreds of years. Is that better?

I've just never understood the whole obsession with either side to impose their beliefs onto other people. There is a simple solution of letting people do what they want as long as they are not hurting someone. 

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

And the Christian/Conservative religion literally to this day still push for laws to not allow homosexuals to get married because they personally believe it is wrong after already doing it for hundreds of years. Is that better?

I've just never understood the whole obsession with either side to impose their beliefs onto other people. There is a simple solution of letting people do what they want as long as they are not hurting someone. 

Do you believe children are being hurt right now by gender ideology campaigns? 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Do you believe children are being hurt right now by gender ideology campaigns? 

That's too broad for me to answer like that. If you're talking about the small number of extremists that are actually trying to groom or encourage surgeries at young ages,  yes. There are some that are simply saying that it's OK to be gay if that's what you are or even acknowledge you could have something like gender dysphoria and want to offer resources.

I don't want to get too far into it but I believe you can think two things at the same time. I don't like the idea of kids getting permanent type surgeries...but I also have a lot of empathy for kids that have gender dysphoria and I understand it's a lot easier to say "just wait a decade or two for when you're an adult" when they are going through the kind of mental and possibly physical anguish that they are. I don't think there are perfect answers for some of this stuff, it's really complex. I want for us to do everything we can to help a child cope with this until they are older but honestly am not sure if making certain things "illegal" is the answer either. I certainly wouldn't push for a kid to have an impactful surgery though. 

But the extreme indoctrination I'm against I believe is the same as religious indoctrination. Both are brainwashing. Both can be destructive. I don't think the hardcore Christians in theory are any different than these people that they are complaining about. 

7 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That's too broad for me to answer like that. If you're talking about the small number of extremists that are actually trying to groom or encourage surgeries at young ages,  yes. There are some that are simply saying that it's OK to be gay if that's what you are or even acknowledge you could have something like gender dysphoria and want to offer resources.

I don't want to get too far into it but I believe you can think two things at the same time. I don't like the idea of kids getting permanent type surgeries...but I also have a lot of empathy for kids that have gender dysphoria and I understand it's a lot easier to say "just wait a decade or two for when you're an adult" when they are going through the kind of mental and possibly physical anguish that they are. I don't think there are perfect answers for some of this stuff, it's really complex. I want for us to do everything we can to help a child cope with this until they are older but honestly am not sure if making certain things "illegal" is the answer either. I certainly wouldn't push for a kid to have an impactful surgery though. 

But the extreme indoctrination I'm against I believe is the same as religious indoctrination. Both are brainwashing. Both can be destructive. I don't think the hardcore Christians in theory are any different than these people that they are complaining about. 

You can’t really just pick and choose, unfortunately. 

I do get that you want to be nuanced here, and typically I respect that from people .. but you admit that surgery on minors & hormone therapy are over the line, correct?

You admit, as do I, that those experiencing true gender dysphoria are going through something incredibly difficult and deserve our empathy and help, correct?

So why create more children with gender dysphoria?

Why push gender dysphoria on children?

Why enable those with temporary confusion of a growing body to be indoctrinated with gender dysphoria programming?

That is what is happening.  We’re seen Europe and Australia try to reign this in as they are further along in the process and are starting to see nightmarish results with growing numbers of minors. 

This is a social contagion being unleashed upon our children via corporations and certain educators.  

This doesn’t stop until people rise up and make them stop.  

Corporations have financial incentives to push this on children through programming, advertising and activist groups (GLSEN), while pharma and hospitals take in money from these soon-to-be lifelong customers.  

As someone who values nuance, I can find none in this topic. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You can’t really just pick and choose, unfortunately. 

I do get that you want to be nuanced here, and typically I respect that from people .. but you admit that surgery on minors & hormone therapy are over the line, correct?

You admit, as do I, that those experiencing true gender dysphoria are going through something incredibly difficult and deserve our empathy and help, correct?

So why create more children with gender dysphoria?

Why push gender dysphoria on children?

Why enable those with temporary confusion of a growing body to be indoctrinated with gender dysphoria programming?

That is what is happening.  We’re seen Europe and Australia try to reign this in as they are further along in the process and are starting to see nightmarish results with growing numbers of minors. 

This is a social contagion being unleashed upon our children via corporations and certain educators.  

This doesn’t stop until people rise up and make them stop.  

Corporations have financial incentives to push this on children through programming, advertising and activist groups (GLSEN), while pharma and hospitals take in money from these soon-to-be lifelong customers.  

As someone who values nuance, I can find none in this topic. 

You don't find nuance because you are trying to put me in a box because you are so entangled into this one side vs the other nonsense and you are oversimplifying something that is far more complex. 

I've said many times that I don't like indoctrination of anything resembling religion, which I do agree that for the extremists which I believe are a small but loud percentage of the LGBTQ+ side as I think is the case for most things, and I am not in favor of pushing anything like that on any children. I don't want to create more of something that is incredibly tough to deal with on anyone. 

But you are way oversimplifying it when you are calling it a temporary confusion of a growing body...that might be some of them...but for some people this never goes away. That's like going back to the "just pray the gay away!" garbage. People who say those things will take some personal anecdotes about people who used to be gay and were "saved" from it or in this case the kids who also had things change and actually turn the tables on the kids who are actually suffering from this and make it their fault because why can't they just get over it like the other ones? The reality is that there may not be a "cure" to this and some people struggle with it their whole lives and some people do transition because of it. 

I don't disagree with what you're saying some of the big pharma and corporations are trying to do, but make no mistake, it's the same exact thing that churches and corporations on the other side are trying to do. For example on the Conservative side, they are against natural psychedelic medication like shrooms or MDMA that there has been incredible research on, especially for PTSD and for active and ex-military. Why? Because there's no money in it. Those medications are not designed to keep you hooked like all the man-made medications are and actually help people get off of the ones they have been attached to. 

This is what I think the bigger problem is, people choose a side and will turn a blind eye to what "their" side does and that's why these things largely continue. And that's what both sides want. They are both in bed with Big Money. And the priority is just the outrage itself.

Look at this exact thread that we're in...Chik-Fil-A didn't even do anything like target children. Reading their statement, I'm not even sure I understand what the anger is about. They're being lumped in with extreme takes...which is what a lot of what you are doing is. 

26 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

You don't find nuance because you are trying to put me in a box because you are so entangled into this one side vs the other nonsense and you are oversimplifying something that is far more complex. 

I've said many times that I don't like indoctrination of anything resembling religion, which I do agree that for the extremists which I believe are a small but loud percentage of the LGBTQ+ side as I think is the case for most things, and I am not in favor of pushing anything like that on any children. I don't want to create more of something that is incredibly tough to deal with on anyone. 

But you are way oversimplifying it when you are calling it a temporary confusion of a growing body...that might be some of them...but for some people this never goes away. That's like going back to the "just pray the gay away!" garbage. People who say those things will take some personal anecdotes about people who used to be gay and were "saved" from it or in this case the kids who also had things change and actually turn the tables on the kids who are actually suffering from this and make it their fault because why can't they just get over it like the other ones? The reality is that there may not be a "cure" to this and some people struggle with it their whole lives and some people do transition because of it. 

I don't disagree with what you're saying some of the big pharma and corporations are trying to do, but make no mistake, it's the same exact thing that churches and corporations on the other side are trying to do. For example on the Conservative side, they are against natural psychedelic medication like shrooms or MDMA that there has been incredible research on, especially for PTSD and for active and ex-military. Why? Because there's no money in it. Those medications are not designed to keep you hooked like all the man-made medications are and actually help people get off of the ones they have been attached to. 

This is what I think the bigger problem is, people choose a side and will turn a blind eye to what "their" side does and that's why these things largely continue. And that's what both sides want. They are both in bed with Big Money. And the priority is just the outrage itself.

Look at this exact thread that we're in...Chik-Fil-A didn't even do anything like target children. Reading their statement, I'm not even sure I understand what the anger is about. They're being lumped in with extreme takes...which is what a lot of what you are doing is. 

Did I say anything about Chick-Fil-A?

Explain “you”, because you keep accusing “me” of saying things I’ve never said. 

Personally, I think the Chick-Fil-A story is a plant. 

If we’re to the point where we have to boycott Chick-Fil-A of all places … well, what’s the point then?… WHICH is the point.  

I don’t think this is organic.  I think it was planted by someone smarter than many online to lessen the blowback on Target and Bud Light.  What’s next, Hobby Lobby?

Pick and choose.  Make an example of a few.  Let that be warning to all.  

Nobody has the bandwidth to boycott everyone. 

That said … the pushback is to DEI/ESG.

As DEI/ESG - installed by the HRC and globalists at the WEF - is why we have corporations, media and educators attempting Mao’s cultural revolution on America.  

Change society from within.  Target children and those children will lead the revolution. 

So, is every company with a DEI initiative targeting children?  Not implicitly, but in allowing DEI/ESG/CEI to become our unelected financial regulators, we are ceding our standing as country rooted in the family to one rooted in the individual.. one who must worship at the altar of rainbow capitalism in order to participate.  

They prey on children for their end game. 

Edited by SCBills

38 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Did I say anything about Chick-Fil-A?

Explain “you”, because you keep accusing “me” of saying things I’ve never said. 

Personally, I think the Chick-Fil-A story is a plant. 

If we’re to the point where we have to boycott Chick-Fil-A of all places … well, what’s the point then?… WHICH is the point.  

I don’t think this is organic.  I think it was planted by someone smarter than many online to lessen the blowback on Target and Bud Light.  What’s next, Hobby Lobby?

Pick and choose.  Make an example of a few.  Let that be warning to all.  

Nobody has the bandwidth to boycott everyone. 

That said … the pushback is to DEI/ESG.

As DEI/ESG - installed by the HRC and globalists at the WEF - is why we have corporations, media and educators attempting Mao’s cultural revolution on America.  

Change society from within.  Target children and those children will lead the revolution. 

So, is every company with a DEI initiative targeting children?  Not implicitly, but in allowing DEI/ESG/CEI to become our unelected financial regulators, we are ceding our standing as country rooted in the family to one rooted in the individual.. one who must worship at the altar of rainbow capitalism in order to participate.  

They prey on children for their end game. 

What does that even mean when you say of all places Chick-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby? Like they're a gold standard of some kind? The Chick-Fil-A owners have literally donated millions to groups to try to rally against same-sex marriage being legal in our country...they literally want less rights for people who they think differently than. Hobby Lobby's owner pushed a Bible themed curriculum on public schools...which is absolutely an attempt at indoctrination. I would say the same thing to that as you are about pushing trans indoctrination...stay the hell away from our kids! But you only see that one way because you agree with the other side. So you aren't actually against indoctrination...you're just against it when it doesn't fit your personal agenda. 

Also, not all DEI is bad. The extremes that try to instill quotas for populations within their jobs are. But some of those programs are genuinely trying to move the Start line, not the Finish line. I worked for a company who one of their main DEI initiatives was an outreach program to juvenile detention centers where we donated time and resources to help those kids get on track for certain jobs and kept in touch with them to try to help them get those jobs whether it was with us or other companies. They still had to do all the work and they still had to be the best person in the interview pool, but the company tried to help them get there. That's just one example, but there are solid programs that come out of DEI. 

And that last part is just nonsense, blaming DEI for somehow ceding our standing as a country rooted in the family is a mountain of a jump, especially when so many on that side doesn't even want people that happen to be different than them to even have a family. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I would agree with this….But then the question arises- What constitutes “hurting someone”?

Because both sides will give you different answers…then what?