NFL + Premium

SoMAn

This thread made me chuckle…and think. Like many on here, living away from WNY, I spent hundreds of dollars every year for nearly twenty years to watch 16 games of mostly meaningless Bills games, including two annual beat downs by the Patriots. I guess I’m willing to pay the same amount to watch half as many games in which I pretty much know we at least have a decent shot of winning! 😁

16 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I just signed up for the Premium version. $9.99 for the entire season apparently.

I figured it must be a mistake as it was $74 or something like that last year. 

Nope. It’s $9.99.

on now with game replays all the way back to 2009. 

Turns out it's $9.99 for the rest of the offseason. It's gonna charge you the $79 in August unless you cancel.

I just renewed my subscription.  The initial sign-up page has a heading reading: "Get a Limited Time Offer for the Rest of this Offseason."  It also has fine print at the bottom of the page that says:  "Limited time offer pricing is for the rest of this offseason only"  This could mean that you are paying for a subscription for offseason content only, and that appears to be the case.  After signing up for the $9.99 subscription, I looked at the "manage my subscription" feature, and it says my annual $79.99 subscription "Renews automatically on 8/1/2023" 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Holy cow, Memorial Day sale or something?

I guess. Maybe trying to poach some of the YouTube business, though it seems unlikely since the NFL gets paid through both sources. At sign up it stated that it’ll automatically be renewed at $9.99 May 27, 2024. 
That’s a bargain for every preseason game live, all-22 coaches video, condensed 40 min versions, and replays of all games immediately after completion of live action, and archived all regular season and playoff games from the past 14 seasons.  $9.99 for a year. Couldn’t go to the movies for that price. 

I like NFL+.  Mostly.  I get it for free as a season ticket holder, but would purchase regardless.  Great repository for old games.

I don’t bother DVR’ing home games any longer.  By the time I get home from the game, I am able to pull it up on NFL+.  Can watch the game whenever I want on all my devices.  

My issue with it?  Can’t cast it well. Tried via an old Apple TV today to watch the 2020 Bills Niners game.  Super choppy.  Tried to watch via Firestick.  Same issue.  Best was my Roku enabled TV on the NFL+ app.  I believe the newer Apple TV’s have the NFL app.

Incidentally, shifted to watching Bills Phins 1990.  

Edited by davefan66

On 5/26/2023 at 7:23 PM, SoMAn said:

Thanks. That’s what I was looking for.
After the Monday night opener, there’s that 3-game stretch that play at 1pm. I’d guess we’ll get at least 1 of the 3, if not more. 
For those, I may go to Bills Backers locale, or wait for the replay as you’ve done. After that, most should be on TV. 

$350 is just too much, especially when they’ll automatically bill me $450 the following year if I forget to cancel. 

I have been using NFL+ for as long as it has been available.  It is great.  Though I normally go to a bar to watch the Bills games live (I live in Texas, so they are not on local tv often), there are normally some games that I can't watch live, because of work.  I just avoid the scores to the best of my abilities (I have only ever been "spoiled" once in recent years, but I still watched!) and watch the Bills game as soon as I can.  In the early days, you couldn't access it until about 11pm in the evening, but now, it is within an hour or so.  I will tell you, if you watch the earlier played games the minute it becomes available, it will include commercial breaks (most actual ads blacked out, so you are just seeing a stationary "commercial break" image).  If you watch later in the evening, the commercials are pretty much completely edited out...so your stream goes from 3:20 minutes, to about 2:12 minutes...so if you are not in a huge rush, that is appealing.  

I say all this, keeping in mind that I am not sure how/if the new YouTube Sunday Ticket exclusive will affect NFL Plus.  I am hoping there is no change.  Even when I see the games live, I normally like to rewatch them in small chunks over the following week....and if I have time the coaches film is kinda interesting for certain things!

Edited by Buftex

22 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I have been using NFL+ for as long as it has been available.  It is great.  Though I normally go to a bar to watch the Bills games live (I live in Texas, so they are not on local tv often), there are normally some games that I can't watch live, because of work.  I just avoid the scores to the best of my abilities (I have only ever been "spoiled" once in recent years, but I still watched!) and watch the Bills game as soon as I can.  In the early days, you couldn't access it until about 11pm in the evening, but now, it is within an hour or so.  I will tell you, if you watch the earlier played games the minute it becomes available, it will include commercial breaks (most actual ads blacked out, so you are just seeing a stationary "commercial break" image).  If you watch later in the evening, the commercials are pretty much completely edited out...so your stream goes from 3:20 minutes, to about 2:12 minutes...so if you are not in a huge rush, that is appealing.  

I say all this, keeping in mind that I am not sure how/if the new YouTube Sunday Ticket exclusive will affect NFL Plus.  I am hoping there is no change.  Even when I see the games live, I normally like to rewatch them in small chunks over the following week....and if I have time the coaches film is kinda interesting for certain things!

Thanks. You answer my next question, which about commercials. Is it possible to fast-forward through the breaks? Guessing the answer in ‘no’.

I went ahead and subscribed to NFL+ Premium for the ridiculously low price of $9.99 for an entire year.  
If YouTube had offered promo price of around $199 I’d have gone for it. 
  The thing that’s changed dramatically since the onset of NFL Sunday Ticket 1995 (?) or so, is that with at least 3 primetime night games, thanksgiving, Black Friday, and games split between Saturday and Sunday later in the season, morning international games, and usually 3 games in afternoon in most markets, there aren’t nearly as many games that can’t be seen without the Sunday Ticket. Not to mention Redzone, which works fine for gamblers and others.
The cost of NFLST should have been reduced with so much less product available. 

On 5/26/2023 at 3:14 PM, SoMAn said:

We’ll, I believe that’s only for ‘in-market’ games anyway. Don’t care about that. I can watch those on my TV. 
My concern is ‘out of market’ Bills games

I know. I don’t want to pay $350 (NFL Sunday Ticket) for four or five games not viewable locally 

They are truly messing up the game with all this streaming crap!!

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

*Limited time offer pricing is for the rest of this offseason only. Deceptive advertising if you ask me. 

Yes. Very deceptive. I went in and signed up, as $10 would be an amazing deal. But when I checked my account status, it shows that it auto-renews at the regular $79.99 price on August 1st. So I just wasted $10, as there is no need for the subscription before August 1st for me. I was going to buy it anyway at the regular price, as I do every year. But that was some skeevy marketing. 

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

*Limited time offer pricing is for the rest of this offseason only. Deceptive advertising if you ask me. 

OH!!  
That’s not at all the way it was presented. I’m really tired of all marketing efforts designed to deceive.

The offer was $9.99/season, with the statement that it would automatically renew in 1 year. Sure made it sound like a full year subscription. 

So, now, instead of just getting the whole thing for a year, I’ll have to pay the $80 on top of the $10 I’ve already spent. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

If I didn’t love our Bills so much, I give a big middle finger to the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I was looking for the catch.   Gonna try to get my money back.  

2 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

OH!!  
That’s not at all the way it was presented. I’m really tired of all marketing efforts designed to deceive.

The offer was $9.99/season, with the statement that it would automatically renew in 1 year. Sure made it sound like a full year subscription. 

So, now, instead of just getting the whole thing for a year, I’ll have to pay the $80 on top of the $10 I’ve already spent. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

If I didn’t love our Bills so much, I give a big middle finger to the NFL. 

I am surprised the nfl purposely deceived like this.  Maybe I should. It be but I am

Well, you guys have convinced me.  For the first time in decades I will not be getting Sunday Ticket.  From my analysis of the schedule, there are only 4 games I would need through Sunday Ticket.  Can't justify it, so for those few games I will try something new with this NFL+ Premium.  I've had it in the past for All-22 and it was glitchy.  They didn't even have it for weeks on end.  But I just need it for the tape delayed games.  The rest is gravy.  I'm probably one of the few that likes the late afternoon games anyway, so I'll avoid the early games for those few weeks and sounds like I can jump in right after they're over.  

Question: I could never figure out if you get NFL Network through Premium?  My carrier doesn't have it, so that would seal it.

On 5/26/2023 at 1:57 PM, SoMAn said:

Looking for answers from any past subscribers to NFL + Premium.

if I understand their offer correctly, all out of market games are replayed and accessible to subscribers on the NFL app (in my case, Roku TV) 2hrs 10 min following completion of games.    This is the part I need feedback/confirmation from past subscribers

This may be my option for the few Bills games not available on local TV, Amazon, Peacock.  

paying Youtube NFLST $350 now with an annual $450 automatic renewal fee is not too appealing 

I use NFL+ for the same reason and games are available on replay almost immediately after the live game finishes. 

The All-22 and the without commercials versions (watch the whole game in like 30 minutes, which is cool) take a longer to post to the site.    

Works for me, esp. since Bills on are national TV most of the time anyway.   and you can watch other games in 30 minutes, basically take in the whole league at your leisure.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.