Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There could be no better indication that we don't want or need DHop than if he goes to the Patriots.  He'd be taking the most possible money to play with the worst possible QB, for a head coach who's washed, for an OC he had problems with before, with a team that didn't make the playoffs last year and didn't show up for the playoffs two years ago.  That's not a guy you want.

Edited by BRH

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I get the tired of the rumor mill angle, but washed up????? Lol you can tell 75% of this board watches one game a week and goes back to watching The Bachelor or Tenticle erotica

Agree....I don't get it how when seeing stats etc and overall viewing Dhop performance thus far how one can come to conclusion he's washed up 

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

There could be no better indication that we don't want or need DHop than if he goes to the Patriots.  He'd be taking the most possible money to play with the worst possible QB, for a head coach who's washed and an OC he had problems with before.  That's not a guy you want

Every single player goes for the most money every single time. We didn't sign Von Miller just out of the goodness of his heart.

I don't know, I wish Beane would just find a way to close the deal. Play hardball as long as possible, I'm fine with that obviously, but ultimately we need someone to upgrade Davis as WR2 and insure us in case Diggs or Davis get injured. I worry that at the end of the year we'll look back and see that one game we lost that would have earned us the #1 seed and there will be a critical Davis drop in that game. That's been the exact outcome in each of the past two seasons.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

38 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I get the tired of the rumor mill angle, but washed up????? Lol you can tell 75% of this board watches one game a week and goes back to watching The Bachelor or Tenticle erotica

Tenticle erotica???

I watch my one game a week and go back to reading books, writing, meditating, running mountain trails, playing with my husky, and hanging out with family.  I don't watch very much TV outside of Bills games.  I am borderline addicted to TBD, though, and most of my DHop knowledge come from you guys and the links you post.  

While I'd love to see DHop in a Bills uni, I don't like stealing from the future to pay for the present.  And that's what we'd have to do to get him here - we'd have to restructure some contracts.  I'm not sure what he adds is worth the cost.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I bet you that the bills were more in on DeAndre Hopkins, whenever they actually had some salaries got money to spend, but moved on whenever the Cardinals didn’t want to play ball

I actually respect with the general manager is doing if it’s gonna cost a ridiculous amount of money to get him in here why mortgage the team down the road there might be some smoke to the fact that they actually like Gabe Davis

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BRH said:

There could be no better indication that we don't want or need DHop than if he goes to the Patriots.  He'd be taking the most possible money to play with the worst possible QB, for a head coach who's washed, for an OC he had problems with before, with a team that didn't make the playoffs last year and didn't show up for the playoffs two years ago.  That's not a guy you want.

I wouldn't say the HC is washed. When you go from Brady to an average at best QB then a decline is going to happen. I would take that "washed" HC over McDermott 24-7-365. Bill + Josh = Super Bowl Championship for WNY.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Would have to be brain damaged to go to miserable joyless Cheater franchise with miserable joyless cheater coach and Mac 😄Jones trying to throw you the ball - an extra few mil just ain't worth it

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Every single player goes for the most money every single time.

If that happens here, Idk why we're even talking about him.  Other teams have the ability to offer more and most likely will.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That’s exactly how you want your general manager to handle this you don’t want to be “all in “and then a bidding against yourself

Yeah, the "all in" talk is media anyway...no GM will admit being all in anyone I wouldn't think. At least not making it public. 

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

I wouldn't say the HC is washed. When you go from Brady to an average at best QB then a decline is going to happen. I would take that "washed" HC over McDermott 24-7-365. Bill + Josh = Super Bowl Championship for WNY.

Yeah I mean hell he might not even have to cheat. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I left a lot of bait out there; it was just a matter of time before someone bit.

Still doesn't detract from the main point:  he has no chance at a ring if he goes there.

1 minute ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Yeah, the "all in" talk is media anyway...no GM will admit being all in anyone I wouldn't think. At least not making it public. 

We know Beane and McDermott don't. They are both experts at giving a detailed answer to a question but in reality, they really don't say anything.

• Agree 2

The cap is proving problematic but it's still good news that guys like OBJ, DHop, and Delvin Cook were all reportedly interested in joining the Bills. 

We've become a place where good players want to play.   

Unfortunately, we've also become a place where good players can't get paid.  

Just now, BRH said:

I left a lot of bait out there; it was just a matter of time before someone bit.

Still doesn't detract from the main point:  he has no chance at a ring if he goes there.

Absolutely. Can't blame him for going for the cash. I bet most of us here if not all of us would do the same. A player's career in the NFL can end at any moment given the nature of the sport.

• Like (+1) 1

Breaking news: We are ALL IN on Shakir, Sherfield and Harty. Oh yeah Baby! And with Kincaid and Fort Knox?!? Look the frig out! Now Diggs and Davis can reap havoc. Once up by 10 we run it down their flemmy throats with a new O line and three, yes three awesome/pounding backs! It's gonna be fun watching the Bills wreck the NFL!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.