The Dodgers cave to anti Catholic LGBT group

8 minutes ago, Wacka said:

You were the one seeing  Chicago Nazi fliers. According to you , they are all over the place. I  have a life and plenty of time. I'm retired.🙂

Are you referring to me sharing a notice released by the police?

That means I’m seeing Nazis everywhere? Reposting something from the police?

Dear lord. Go touch some grass. 

• Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Well private businesses have long abandoned religious morals in the pursuit of money. I'm a grown man and have seen this a lot.

It seems odd to be so upset now about this stuff. Especially when its about a baseball team and not groups/individuals that have more directly profited from religious bigotry, like a Liberty University or something like that 

Did I miss a previous instance of a MLB team celebrating garish, crucifix grinding man-nuns? If so, bad on me. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

just creepy and obsessive

It’s bizarre. I get tagged in random threads all of the time by people who apparently have nothing better to do with their time than try to stir up drama. 

SAD!

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

A "freedom-lover" would recognize a baseball team can invite whoever they want and not get so easily offended.

If corporations have first amendment rights. or freedom.  then they also have the freedom to make a bad decision and deal with the consequences or results of said free choice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Are you referring to me sharing a notice released by the police?

That means I’m seeing Nazis everywhere? Reposting something from the police?

Dear lord. Go touch some grass. 

Seems to me you are smoking some.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

So far Rubio, DeSantis, and now Pence. 

Where are the rest of the GOP.  

Trump could put a stop to this immediately. 

If he puts out a statement supporting what the Dodgers have done they'll disinvite that hateful group in a millisecond.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

The SPI certainly has the free-speech right to do this. I’d fight against any effort to ban these demonstrations, albeit not with much enthusiasm.

They have as much right to do this as the neo-Nazis had to march peacefully in Skokie, Illinois, and that comparison is not random.

They’re both hate groups, but we don’t restrict speech on the basis of “hate” — even though the SPI’s progressive allies have been trying to do so for the last couple of decades or more.

But that doesn’t mean we should honor them for their hate, nor participate with any organization that does.

To do so is to participate in their hate, to celebrate it, and to normalize and promote it. Ignoring it is not an act of “love,” as Kershaw argues, but a refusal to confront hatred.

In fact, the anti-Christian animus seems to be the explicit purpose of this celebration. The lesbian and gay community in Los Angeles undoubtedly has many non-profit orgs helping out their own members and others in the Southland, so why choose to elevate the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence for this Pride Night?

That decision was designed to stick a thumb in the eye of Dodger fans of faith, or even of even temperament and fairness. It certainly sticks a thumb in the eye of their Catholic/Christian employees and team members who are otherwise powerless to be part of this celebration of a hate group that blasphemes their faith.

They chose sides, and now they’re forcing everyone to choose sides as well. I’ll choose love over hate.

I wish that the Dodgers would have chosen that, too.

Now all we need to know is what the players and other employees will choose. Treinen and Kershaw have come out publicly to rebuke them; will others follow? The Nationals’ Trevor Williams called for a boycott of the Dodgers, calling the decision to honor the SPI a mockery of the “inclusion” that Pride Night is supposed to celebrate:

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023/05/31/second-dodger-pitcher-balks-at-honoring-anti-catholic-hate-group-n554541

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

This is so all so dumb. Basically a head-to-head battle of fake religions that both mock each other but both think they're in the right and the other is in the wrong. 

is there a real religion?  or are they all just stories?

• Haha (+1) 1

Stand against anti-Catholic bigotry

A.J. KAUFMAN FROM LIDBLOG 6:00 PM on June 02, 2023

When Jewish folks witness overt anti-Semitism, including and especially in our largest cities and schools, they rightly call it out. But we should all call out anti-Catholic bigotry, which is rampant and, sadly, nothing new. …

{snip}

Recall the Barack Obama administration, with Biden as its unofficial Catholic spokesman, harassed the Little Sisters of the Poor, hoping to force them to offer contraceptive services mandated under Obamacare regulation. Earlier this year, a Federal Bureau of Investigation memo sought to investigate “radical traditionalist” Catholics as potential terrorist threats. When Sen. Dianne Feinstein was still cogent, she told Catholic Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, “The dogma lives loudly in you.” Imagine had this inappropriate attack occurred on a Muslim judicial nominee.

The irony is that “Catholic dogma” has almost no authority over any Americans today. The left wants it to be 1960, but it is not. The Dobbs decision that caused uninformed young women to almost burn down significant cities didn’t impose any religious doctrine; it handed decisions on abortion policy back to the people where it belongs. And far from being right-wing, the Catholic church often speaks as passionately about social justice, immigration, and climate change as sex and marriage.

As progressive politicians, cultural elites, and woke corporations like Major League Baseball hypocritically blather about “inclusivity” and respect for all Americans, why are the 70 million diverse Catholics subject to the jeering of their sacred beliefs?

https://lidblog.com/stand-against-anti-catholic-bigotry/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/2/2023 at 10:19 AM, B-Man said:

cb060123dAPR.jpg

Shouldn't that priest have an alter boy or two, for accuracy's sake?

I love how you morons talk about trans people not being real, but then kneel down every day to a guy who "rose from the dead" like a zombie after three days. Then you celebrate by literally eating his body and drinking his blood like a vampire. You literally believe that. Totally more plausible than someone being trans. No wonder you're all such easy marks.

17 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I love how you morons talk about trans people not being real, but then kneel down every day to a guy who "rose from the dead" like a zombie after three days. Then you celebrate by literally eating his body and drinking his blood like a vampire. You literally believe that. Totally more plausible than someone being trans. No wonder you're all such easy marks.

Simmer down old lady

• Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Any interest in sharing your thoughts on Muhammad?

19 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said: