Is the Cigarette Smoking Man still alive?

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_Smoking_Man

still living, according to wiki

We need to send this guy an Allen jersey and a bunch of Bills related stuff, beer koozies etc…, just sayin, 😁👍🍸🚬

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coastie said:

Cigarette Smoking Man was a horrible person who hurt many... William B. Davis not so much I am sure.

Ah, now I kind of get it. Thanks for the clarification... so we don't wish the actual guy is dead, but rather that his character is dead. Makes a lot more sense. I will make sure to wear my platform shoes next time, in hopes the next one doesn't go over my head so easily.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Ah, now I kind of get it. Thanks for the clarification... so we don't wish the actual guy is dead, but rather that his character is dead. Makes a lot more sense. I will make sure to wear my platform shoes next time, in hopes the next one doesn't go over my head so easily.

X-Files is going to be rebooted but main two stars are not going to be on it probably for money reasons. 

William B. Davis has been contact on reprising his character and one of episodes will explain why and how he is back (i.e. Phil Coulson on S.H.I.E.L.D.)

It would not surprise me for FOX to use NFL football to boost ratings on showing episodes after games.

52 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Perhaps Chris Carter can kill him off and end the conspiracy.

I have never heard anyone else mention but in one episode Mulder is watching football and on the screen is 80 for Minnesota, Cris Carter himself. At least Mulder seems to have a soft spot for us 0 and 4 types.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

X-Files is going to be rebooted but main two stars are not going to be on it probably for money reasons. 

William B. Davis has been contact on reprising his character and one of episodes will explain why and how he is back (i.e. Phil Coulson on S.H.I.E.L.D.)

It would not surprise me for FOX to use NFL football to boost ratings on showing episodes after games.

A series without Cris Carter as creator and Anderson+Duchovny as agents is not X-Files. Period. Full Stop. 

• Agree 4

26 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

He actually was smoking clove cigarettes which are "supposedly" better for you.  Well known X-Files fact......

He's a former tobacco user. He smoked herbal cigs on screen because he was afraid of becoming addicted to nicotine again.

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I would not know since I never watched it.  I got tired of watching FOX and any show I like getting cancelled. 

I recommend going back and watching seasons 1 through 6, maybe 7 as well. 

There were two broad types of episodes 

- the "mythology" episodes which were about UFOs and aliens. Ran through all seasons. Maybe 4-6 episodes a season

- the "Monster of the week" episodes : these were extremely innovative and fun. I still watch them again . About 14-16 episodes every season 

Mods - move this thread to OTW if appropriate 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.