First Glance...Which Team Drafted Great!

Wizard

I think the Eagles had a great draft. No doubt that Carter is a knucklehead, but his talent is legit, and he is going to a team with solid players already and a winning culture.  Add in Nolan Smith, Ringo, and then some guys who were productive players in college, I think they had a great draft.

I would give our Bills an "A" for the first 2 rounds and a "C" for rounds 3-7 at first glance.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Cardinals made some real nice trades, and fleeced Houston. Like what they did in round 1, trading down and still getting the best OT in the draft. 

To get from 12 to 3 Houston traded a 1 (likely a top 5 pick), 2 and 3

To get from 12 to 6 Cardinals traded a 2

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Amazed by the lions chatter here 

How so? They got decent value in most of their picks. The only questionable one was Gibbs @ 9 who either way is now their #1 after Swift to Philly. 

What’s your 2¢ that puts you in amazement of “chatter”?

Edited by BBFL

Texans

Steelers

Eagles

Lions

In that order. With the Texans being the run away winner. However, much like the Jets last year, given their position and quantity of picks, they SHOULD be the runaway winner. They at least did what they should have, which is more than you can say for some other teams that have been in their position.

edit: yall are right, ***** the lions

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Texans

Steelers

Eagles

Lions

In that order. With the Texans being the run away winner. However, much like the Jets last year, given their position and quantity of picks, they SHOULD be the runaway winner. They at least did what they should have, which is more than you can say for some other teams that have been in their position.

Personally the only problem I had with Houston’s draft was, as has been highlighted elsewhere multiple times, the gouging to move up to 3 from 12 in comparison for a simple one pick trade for AZ to get back up the board to 6. 

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Cardinals made some real nice trades, and fleeced Houston. Like what they did in round 1, trading down and still getting the best OT in the draft. 

To get from 12 to 3 Houston traded a 1 (likely a top 5 pick), 2 and 3

To get from 12 to 6 Cardinals traded a 2

I don't think we know whose first it is yet. It might be Houston's it might be Cleveland's. And Houston got one of the two blue chippers in this class as well as a QB. 

5 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Personally the only problem I had with Houston’s draft was, as has been highlighted elsewhere multiple times, the gouging to move up to 3 from 12 in comparison for a simple one pick trade for AZ to get back up the board to 6. 

But they got a Quarterback and a blue chipper (one of only two in the class). And they backed it up too. 

And they still have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, two 4ths, a 5th and then a bundle of 6ths and 7ths next year. As long as Will Anderson pays off I have no problem with that trade. And Anderson is a pretty safe bet.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BBFL said:

How so? They got decent value in most of their picks. The only questionable one was Gibbs @ 9 who either way is now their #1 after Swift to Philly. 

What’s your 2¢ that puts you in amazement of “chatter”?

Did they? I am with @NoSaint. They turned the 6th and 18th picks intona running back and off the ball linebacker. In 2023. That's horrific positional value.

Sam LaPorta was taken too high for my money at #34. He is a good prospect. But they traded Hock for a 2nd round pick (despite not being tight to the cap and having the ability to pay him) then spent that pick on his replacement. 

I liked the Branch and Hooker picks but then Broderick Martin was a reach. Know nothing about their day 3 guys.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But they got a Quarterback and a blue chipper (one of only two in the class). And they backed it up too. 

And they still have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, two 4ths, a 5th and then a bundle of 6ths and 7ths next year. As long as Will Anderson pays off I have no problem with that trade. And Anderson is a pretty safe bet.

That's exactly where I am with it. They had so much capital, they could spend it. And they got all their guys and plenty of them. I dont care a bit what they paid.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

That's exactly where I am with it. They had so much capital, they could spend it. And they got all their guys and plenty of them. I dont care a bit what they paid.

If Anderson busts, they will regret it. But I think that is pretty unlikely. Draft picks are a means to get good players. The texans had loads of capital and used some of it to get a really good player. 

• Like (+1) 1

I really loved our draft.  It unfolded in a way that I had hoped - BPA early, need mid & late.

Our 1st 2 picks are instant starters, and upgrades.  I'm so excited to see what Kincaid brings to the offense, and I think Torrence could change our whole line in very positive ways.  I see us finally having a running game, and maybe even having games where it's the running & not the passing that gets us the W.

We'll see about our round 3 guy - but I have a hunch that McD's new defense will get the most out of guys like him & Bernard.

Shorter could be a bit of a steal, and give us a dimension we completely lacked at WR.  Big dude, can sky for contested balls, and I can see him having an impact in the red zone.

A top 5 team got better, imo.  We can compete w/ the KC's and Cincy's.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.