The Prayer Thread

UConn James

I’m just wondering if it would be OK to start an ongoing thread where folks here could post to when they are seeking prayers / thoughts and such? Rather than them popping up separately here on OTW?

My dad is currently 12 minutes on the operating table for a triple bypass. This has all been kinda shocking over the last few days when he first had the chest pain on Monday evening. He’s always been like Superman for us, but even in his “better shape than most people half your age” condition… Superman is facing a tough fight here with the surgery and a projected 6 month recovery.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, UConn James said:

I’m just wondering if it would be OK to start an ongoing thread where folks here could post to when they are seeking prayers / thoughts and such? Rather than them popping up separately here on OTW?

My dad is currently 12 minutes on the operating table for a triple bypass. This has all been kinda shocking over the last few days when he first had the chest pain on Monday evening. He’s always been like Superman for us, but even in his “better shape than most people half your age” condition… Superman is facing a tough fight here with the surgery and a projected 6 month recovery.

God bless. Praying for you and your dad.

I agree with all prayers in this thread.

We also ask Lord that you guide the surgeons hands and he perform a complications free surgery AND Dads recovery be covered with your care over he entire family

In Jesus name I pray Amen.

• Agree 1

• 4 months later...

Asking for prayers for a nearby community that I have loose ties to that is suffering through a horrific accident. 

Yesterday the Farmingdale High School marching band was headed to their band camp weekend when one of the buses crashed killing the band director and a 77 year old former educator, injuring 5 others critically and many others non-critically.

So prayers up to the critically injured as well as to all involved as there has to be a huge mental toll that their community is suffering through. 

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Asking for prayers for a nearby community that I have loose ties to that is suffering through a horrific accident. 

Yesterday the Farmingdale High School marching band was headed to their band camp weekend when one of the buses crashed killing the band director and a 77 year old former educator, injuring 5 others critically and many others non-critically.

So prayers up to the critically injured as well as to all involved as there has to be a huge mental toll that their community is suffering through. 

God have mercy. Prayers for all who sorrow, healing for the wounded, body and soul.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 4:30 PM, muppy said:

Heavenly Father I pray for all hose whom are grieving his tragedy in Farmingdale. I pray you meet them at the point of  their need and give them comfort, healing and peace  as only You can.

In Jesus name Amen.

Sharing an uplifting postscript.  The kids holding the S T R O N G placards are all still recovering from injuries.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.