London Updated

corta765

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

For our British members I just saw a link to a video showing that Luton Town is building a new stadium around the same timeline as the Bills, although the Luton Town facility doesn’t look like much of anything really. Their current grounds are a dump. 

They’re a small-medium sized club in the grand scheme of things and aren’t going to have the money to build anything close to what the Bills or even other clubs in the Premier League.

They do need a new stadium as it is very dated. It has plenty of “character” though. Just a shame it’s filled by absolute love weapons every game. 

Luton itself is a *****-tip. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BritBill said:

They’re a small-medium sized club in the grand scheme of things and aren’t going to have the money to build anything close to what the Bills or even other clubs in the Premier League.

They do need a new stadium as it is very dated. It has plenty of “character” though. Just a shame it’s filled by absolute love weapons every game. 

Ha! Note…I wasn’t comparing it to the Bills stadium design…just to the timeline.  I will say though that the Luton renderings are still pretty unimpressive even for a small market club. 

42 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I love the Kenny. Will be sad when it has gone to be replaced by yet another generic matchbox bowl.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I love the Kenny. Will be sad when it has gone to be replaced by yet another generic matchbox bowl.

I hope they bulldoze it then forget the build the new one.

• Haha (+1) 1

Can someone remember me which London zone/location/area I should look/target for, in order to have a not that long access to the stadium on gameday, and be able to re-visit the town (museums, city in general), I will be there I think for 4 days.

@GunnerBill @BritBill ?

Bonus, did you already set a pub/something to meet where I could join the day before/after/after the game ?

Many thanks in advance

8 hours ago, Repulsif said:

Can someone remember me which London zone/location/area I should look/target for, in order to have a not that long access to the stadium on gameday, and be able to re-visit the town (museums, city in general), I will be there I think for 4 days.

@GunnerBill @BritBill ?

Bonus, did you already set a pub/something to meet where I could join the day before/after/after the game ?

Many thanks in advance

Easiest way to get from station to stadium is get the London Overground to White Hart Lane station from Liverpool Street station. You can get to Liverpool St via a number of Tube lines. 

But has been mentioned before, London is so easy to get around due to the Tube you won’t find it difficult to get anywhere you’d like to go. 

As for pubs, I don’t think anywhere “official” has been announced for a meet up. We’re staying over in Euston the night before the game so will be having breakfast in the Euston Flyer pub before the game then jumping on the Tube. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BritBill said:

Easiest way to get from station to stadium is get the London Overground to White Hart Lane station from Liverpool Street station. You can get to Liverpool St via a number of Tube lines. 

But has been mentioned before, London is so easy to get around due to the Tube you won’t find it difficult to get anywhere you’d like to go. 

As for pubs, I don’t think anywhere “official” has been announced for a meet up. We’re staying over in Euston the night before the game so will be having breakfast in the Euston Flyer pub before the game then jumping on the Tube. 

Brit, do you know if the NFL is still closing Regent Street on Saturday? They held a huge NFL Experience there when we saw the Bills five years ago. Not sure if the pandemic put a pause on that. 

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Brit, do you know if the NFL is still closing Regent Street on Saturday? They held a huge NFL Experience there when we saw the Bills five years ago. Not sure if the pandemic put a pause on that. 

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. But not every year and not for every London game. They announce it in good time if they are. 

I hope they do as the one before the previous Bills game in London was great. 

• Like (+1) 1

OKay, bought the tickets. Felt sorry for @Augie so he is sitting with us so some poor Brit does not need to see his mug all day. At least I am used to it!

Were staying quite a bit away from the stadium, over on the SouthBank. But this location and airbnb was more important than the 50-minute tube ride on Sunday to my wife! So that's where we staying!!!!

@BritBilland @GunnerBill need some help with EPL stuff!!!!!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/4/2023 at 2:19 PM, BritBill said:

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. But not every year and not for every London game. They announce it in good time if they are. 

I hope they do as the one before the previous Bills game in London was great. 

What sort of things do they do? Do they have ex NFL stars hanging around, The NFL Experience etc?

1 minute ago, joshhasbighands said:

What sort of things do they do? Do they have ex NFL stars hanging around, The NFL Experience etc?

They close the entire road to traffic and have NFL related stalls. Games, merch that kind of thing. They also have a stage where players from the teams come and answer questions and stuff. That's the best bit. The one before the Bills previous London game was excellent. 

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

OKay, bought the tickets. Felt sorry for @Augie so he is sitting with us so some poor Brit does not need to see his mug all day. At least I am used to it!

Were staying quite a bit away from the stadium, over on the SouthBank. But this location and airbnb was more important than the 50-minute tube ride on Sunday to my wife! So that's where we staying!!!!

Sure. Let us know what you have in mind. Bear in mind the EPL kick off dates an times haven't been confirmed for that weekend yet.

29 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I’m just sitting there to try to minimize the amount of shame you might bring upon our fine nation. I will do my best, but I can make no promises! 

The EPL stuff would be awesome if I can work any of that in. I’d rather do that than see every cathedral and museum in town. 

On 7/3/2023 at 2:09 PM, Peter said:

1) Flight to London 

2) Hotel in London 

3) Ticket to Arsenal v Man City  (COYG!!!)

4) Ticket to Bills v Jaguars 

Bragging to everyone on TBD......priceless!

But seriously, I'm jealous.

On 7/4/2023 at 12:53 AM, BritBill said:

Did see this as a Bills Bar meetup in London. Have you been to this pub?

346311235_1290800371510558_4197025260557191351_n.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Virgil said:

@BritBill @GunnerBill

From what I'm reading online, England doesn't allow ticket resales to be above list price.  Is that true?

Also, besides ticketmasterUK (which doesn't list the game), what London websites do people use to sell tickets?  I can only seem to find them for sale on US sites

UK StubHub - https://www.stubhub.co.uk/nfl-london-2023-jacksonville-jaguars-vs-buffalo-bills-tickets-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-8-10-2023/event/105905006/

Basically legal ticket-touting but while it's a very un-regulated business stuff like this will happen.

1 hour ago, buffaloaggie said:

Did see this as a Bills Bar meetup in London. Have you been to this pub?

346311235_1290800371510558_4197025260557191351_n.jpg

Nope, never been to that pub. I can't say I'll be rushing there either. Not a fan of organised fun. I'm sure it'll be great for others though. 

13 minutes ago, BritBill said:

UK StubHub - https://www.stubhub.co.uk/nfl-london-2023-jacksonville-jaguars-vs-buffalo-bills-tickets-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-8-10-2023/event/105905006/

Basically legal ticket-touting but while it's a very un-regulated business stuff like this will happen.

Nope, never been to that pub. I can't say I'll be rushing there either. Not a fan of organised fun. I'm sure it'll be great for others though. 

Is that really the only resale option in England?   Is there any type of Craig’slist?

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is that really the only resale option in England?   Is there any type of Craig’slist?

That's the most trustworthy. We've lots of craiglist type things but I'd never buy anything from them. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.