London Updated

corta765

2 hours ago, BritBill said:

£16.50 for a "full" breakfast 🤑

Go big or go home Brit! 😂 You have to remember, for many on here this is the trip of a lifetime. And for most they’re bringing a spouse who’ll enjoy being taken out to a nice dinner. (I can’t wait to hear your recommendations on afternoon tea. 😉)

Edited by SoCal Deek

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Go big or go home Brit! 😂 You have to remember, for many on here this is the trip of a lifetime. And for most they’re bringing a spouse who’ll enjoy being taken out to a nice dinner. (I can’t wait to hear your recommendations on afternoon tea. 😉)

If by "afternoon tea" you're meaning a cuppa and a few sandwiches I can assure you I've no previous experiences of paying for one of those in London 🙂

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If you want a true English cafe experience try the Regency Cafe. It's no frills, a proper English greasy spoon. 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d1986778-Reviews-Regency_Cafe-London_England.html

Have you been to The Rhoule (sp) by Covent Garden? I understand it’s a historic spot but when I’ve looked at their menu I’m not sure it’s for me. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If you want a true English cafe experience try the Regency Cafe. It's no frills, a proper English greasy spoon. 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d1986778-Reviews-Regency_Cafe-London_England.html

The cafe from Layer Cake I'm lead to believe. I went there once but the queue to get in was massive. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, chongli said:

Not about the logistics of the game, but Jaguars OT Cam Robinson was suspended today for four games for a PED violation. The critical news is that he will be back just in time for the Week 5 Bills game in London. Great.

He is pretty average anyway

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/28/2023 at 10:14 AM, GunnerBill said:

On 6/28/2023 at 10:19 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Have you been to The Rhoule (sp) by Covent Garden? I understand it’s a historic spot but when I’ve looked at their menu I’m not sure it’s for me. 

So, on the other end of the spectrum is some really great restaurants! 

one we are particularly don of is the Cinnamon Club. really redefined Indian fine dining , been open for at least 20 years. Prolly went there first time in 2006, been back maybe 4 or 5 times. Wife was just there In April, still loved it. 

and don’t say ya don’t like Indian food till you have eaten there. I was adamant our first time I hated Indian food, left a true believer! There is a reason most critics agree the beat Indian food in the world is served in London. 

Over by Westminster btw 

https://cinnamonclub.com/

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

one we are particularly don of is the Cinnamon Club. really redefined Indian fine dining , been open for at least 20 years. Prolly went there first time in 2006, been back maybe 4 or 5 times. Wife was just there In April, still loved it. 

and don’t say ya don’t like Indian food till you have eaten there. I was adamant our first time I hated Indian food, left a true believer! There is a reason most critics agree the beat Indian food in the world is served in London. 

Over by Westminster btw 

We had friends in Sarasota who also have a place in London, his home.  I had no idea he could cook, but he made an incredible Indian meal. A bit zippy, but delicious!  Several cases of wine later he advised his departing guests to “tuck a roll of toilet tissue in your freezer before bed, you’ll want it in the mornin’.”  He wasn’t entirely wrong. 

Edited by Augie

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Over by Westminster btw 

Adamant you hated Indian food?  What kind of philistine were you?!

Indian food is some of the best cuisine on Earth, bar none.

And yes, there are a million great restaurants in London.  

I had a chicken tikka masala at a place not far from Trafalgar Square many years ago that was really good...have no idea of the name or if the place is still there.

:thumbsup:

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just go to a Nandos and get some peri peri chicken. We love that stuff! 😋

In the States, can always get it in DC, and only DC(well the DMV). Been open for about 10’years. Seems who ever has the DC territory has the rights for the entire US. So weird. Think they have about 10 locations now. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Adamant you hated Indian food?  What kind of philistine were you?!

Indian food is some of the best cuisine on Earth, bar none.

And yes, there are a million great restaurants in London.  

I had a chicken tikka masala at a place not far from Trafalgar Square many years ago that was really good...have no idea of the name or if the place is still there.

:thumbsup:

You will get the best Indian/Kashmiri food in the world (with the exception of those regions themselves) in London. 

If that is what you are after Brick Lane is the place to head.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You will get the best Indian/Kashmiri food in the world (with the exception of those regions themselves) in London. 

If that is what you are after Brick Lane is the place to head.

Brick Lane is amazing. We might even head there on the Saturday night. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

In the States, can always get it in DC, and only DC(well the DMV). Been open for about 10’years. Seems who ever has the DC territory has the rights for the entire US. So weird. Think they have about 10 locations now. 

It’s weird because Southern California is the Mecca of fast, or at least easy food, and I’ve been utterly shocked they haven’t brought Nandos out here. It’d be super popular. 

1 hour ago, BritishBill said:

Is there any sense on where lots of bills fans will be congregating on the Saturday night for drinks etc?

will be coming down from Liverpool in the afternoon and would love to meet some of you good people!

I was thinking of going to one of the pubs down by the stadium and doing a group meet up I know they don't like footballer jerseys in the pubs but I don't know about American jerseys.  Anyway asked my cousin daughter who is a Barby( her brother is raf and volunteered to due the fly over for the game if allowed for the game,)in that area to see if there is a bigger pub that we can meet up at.

So I am nominating you to be in charge 😏 British bill.

1) time of meet up

2) fee if needed 

3) place 

4) attire 

5) and make sure you drive on the Right side of the street to get there.

23 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s weird because Southern California is the Mecca of fast, or at least easy food, and I’ve been utterly shocked they haven’t brought Nandos out here. It’d be super popular. 

The dude who bought the rights for the DC area apparently has the rights to the entire US....i looked into the first time I had it DC, cause I am with you, think it would crazy popular anywhere it opened, and I wanted in!

• Agree 1

For our British members I just saw a link to a video showing that Luton Town is building a new stadium around the same timeline as the Bills, although the Luton Town facility doesn’t look like much of anything really. Their current grounds are a dump. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.