JSN Top 30 Visit with Bills

Warriorspikes51

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think you're joking, but if you want to make Diggs happy, get him a better WR2 and OL help for Josh.

This is one of the main reasons I think Beane will go offense early. Both Diggs and Allen are unhappy due to the line and supporting cast, and they are our best players. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

This is one of the main reasons I think Beane will go offense early. Both Diggs and Allen are unhappy due to the line and supporting cast, and they are our best players. 

Well, I think that is a cogent consideration. Some on this board think it is ill-advised or even ridiculous to believe that could be a factor in Beane's decision making process. You don't want to let the players dictate your team building, but it seems reasonable to me that when your top players on offense are unhappy with the personnel and one of them is the franchise qb you ought to give that some weight.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Diggs thinks Davis is a WR1.

I don't believe he really thinks that and if he does, he's flat out wrong. He's a low end WR2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Well, I think that is a cogent consideration. Some on this board think it is ill-advised or even ridiculous to believe that could be a factor in Beane's decision making process. You don't want to let the players dictate your team building, but it seems reasonable to me that when your top players on offense are unhappy with the personnel and one of them is the franchise qb you ought to give that some weight.

I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all. Not one bit. Does any fan want an Aaron Rodgers type situation?  That’s where we are headed if we keep going defense and ignoring WR until round 4. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1

45 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

What sign do you have that Josh is unhappy? And while Diggs definitely is, a lot of his unhappiness is reported as a breakdown of his relationship with Josh. I think you are guilty of putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What sign do you have that Josh is unhappy? And while Diggs definitely is, a lot of his unhappiness is reported as a breakdown of his relationship with Josh. I think you are guilty of putting 2 and 2 together and making 5. 

If Josh isn't unhappy with his oline I would be quite surprised. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't believe he really thinks that and if he does, he's flat out wrong. He's a low end WR2.

Please don't encourage whorlnut's conspiracy theories, it already looks like he's going to lose it if we trade up and draft Jack Campbell. 

Yes, the players can have some input.  Just like what was reported to help Dorsey get the job.  And last year when the offense sputtered the veteran players did not say "let's get the rookies more involved".  No, they went out and brought back Smoke and Beas.

What the FO is doing to help the offense is moving monetary resources over from defense to more investment in offense.  Seems like they were prepared to let Poyer walk, until they got an unexpected bargain, let Edmunds go, and Oliver is iffy.  The FO already did some OL upgrades, and tweaking to the WR group.  All big move talk has centered on name WRs (Dhop, OBJ) in contrast to last year when it centered on pass rushers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

45 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I like how you show off with words like ''cogent '. Most of your audience doesn't use this word.  And it still doesn't validate your football opinions.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Please don't encourage whorlnut's conspiracy theories, it already looks like he's going to lose it if we trade up and draft Jack Campbell. 

Yes, the players can have some input.  Just like what was reported to help Dorsey get the job.  And last year when the offense sputtered the veteran players did not say "let's get the rookies more involved".  No, they went out and brought back Smoke and Beas.

What the FO is doing to help the offense is moving monetary resources over from defense to more investment in offense.  Seems like they were prepared to let Poyer walk, until they got an unexpected bargain, let Edmunds go, and Oliver is iffy.  The FO already did some OL upgrades, and tweaking to the WR group.  All big move talk has centered on name WRs (Dhop, OBJ) in contrast to last year when it centered on pass rushers.

We shall see if the OKine moves are upgrades. And  Oliver is "iffy '? Meaning you think they trade him? Good luck  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think the guards signed in FA are pretty modest upgrades, though Saffold was awful, so it should help. I'd like to grab an OT prospect in round two or three. I think they need more than a tweak to the WR group, but it's a poor draft for WR. I don't think we can actually afford Hopkins. As I have said quite a bit, I like the TE group. I would treat Kincaid as a substitute for a WR pick at 27. If they go D in the first, I'd like to trade up from 59 and grab Darnell Washington. Those are my preferences.

I am less worried about MLB. I think you could sign a fella like Myles Jack after the draft and survive if you didn't find a player in the draft. I am not as high on Campbell as many of you are. He's a high floor fella. I don't think he's going to be great.

7 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

I like how you show off with words like ''cogent '. Most of your audience doesn't use this word.  And it still doesn't validate your football opinions.

I don't look words up in a thesaurus. That's how I speak. I'm not going to apologize. If you don't like it, put me on ignore.

This is a football message board. I offer my opinions and interact with fellow fans of the team. I think that is how it is supposed to work.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.