TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Jeebus ***** Cripes. I cant even with this.

For all the complaining, this board is as bad as Beane. WORSE EVEN because we've seen this play out before, and have been talking about it for 2 years. And then we let it happen again.

DRAFT IOL!

nfl-ken-dorsey.gif

After signing Connor McGovern (who played some Center in college), David Edwards, and Re-Signing Ike Boettger with Ryan Bates (who plays Center) and Mitch Morse still in the fold - I don't see IOL in Round 2.

I think they Draft 1 IOL (to possibly take Boettger's roster spot) and 1 OT (to possibly take Tommy Doyle's roster spot) before the end of the Draft but not before Round 3. I don't think he's looking to outright replace either Bates or Brown - but to add depth and competition.

But I would agree that's a better option to use resources on than DT with Oliver, Jones, Phillips, and Settle under contract for this season. IMO Rounds 1 and 2 have to be another weapon for Josh in the passing game and a replacement for Edmunds.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

I'd say that with respect to Wypler vs. Benton (argument above), that our need for a starting OC = our need for a starting DT.  

And the grading on Wypler vs. Benton is in the same window of comparable prospects.

I'd have been happier either way with OC or DT in this case but shifted to DT because of the contract situations, Oliver musings etc, plus the fact that a good number of interior O-linemen were added/extended this offseason.  Can we do more at IOL?  Yep, but again, flip a coin on Wypler vs. Benton.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

trade Bears and Packers

Green bay 3rd(78) and 5th(149)

For 

Pick 64

@bkep32will be on the clock for 64 when that pick comes up

This trade has been canceled with the bears @MrEpsYtown due to Eagles @Big Blitz accepting first, i was on the rode when all this took place.  Sorry for the confusion, but the real trade is

Trade between eagles and the packers 

For 

Pick 62

Edited by bkep32
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

With this weaker class, sometimes I wonder if the Bills will just go for broke, and trade up for someone like Quentin Johnson, TCU.......if he slips within reach.  The team doesn't have one big/physical target.  

Addison is too gadgety for my liking.  Do you take a slot in round 1?

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Packers (bkep32) are on the clock
5 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

This trade has been canceled with the bears @MrEpsYtown due to Eagles @Big Blitz accepting first, i was on the rode when all this took place.  Sorry for the confusion, but the real trade is

Trade between eagles and the packers 

For 

Pick 62

Who are you picking?

with the 62nd pick in the TSW mock draft 1.0 the Green Bay Packers, Jaelyn Duncan, OT Maryland

Our O-line is getting older and cant stay healthy this big boy comes in at 6-6 and 305 lbs.  Is very quick on his feet and powerful.  Great run blocker and might need some more footwork and technique to help out in the pass pro but with Jordan Love we need to have the run game set up first before we start tossing the ball around.

the lions @mannc are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I am picking Keion White…I will come right back for context, just putting the kid to bed

Wjth the 61st pick the Bears select Keion White, DE Georgia Tech

@Big Blitz and the Eagles are on the clock

@Virgil

For the Bears, White is really a nice fit. He’s a bit of a tweener, big long arms. 6-5, 280ish, but he plays with speed and power. He can rush inside in nickel situations and can play a base end in 4-3 looks. The only issue with him is that he is a bit raw and already 24 years old. But he improves the Bears DL in a number of ways. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Lions (mannc) are on the clock
8 minutes ago, Yantha said:

With this weaker class, sometimes I wonder if the Bills will just go for broke, and trade up for someone like Quentin Johnson, TCU.......if he slips within reach.  The team doesn't have one big/physical target.  

Quentin Johnston is also my target for those very reasons. We have slot covered with Harty and Shakir. You don't need 3 slots, that's why McKenzie was let go.

When it comes to the First Round WR talents, Johnston is the only true Boundary WR. My hope is that the WR's fall and that teams take JSN and Flowers (who is REALLY picking up steam) ahead of Johnston and he's in striking range of not giving up too much.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Quentin Johnston is also my target for those very reasons. We have slot covered with Harty and Shakir. You don't need 3 slots, that's why McKenzie was let go.

When it comes to the First Round WR talents, Johnston is the only true Boundary WR. My hope is that the WR's fall and that teams take JSN and Flowers (who is REALLY picking up steam) ahead of Johnston and he's in striking range of not giving up too much.

He's my only trade up target, and would be happy with that.

This mock has further made me understand that #27 sucks.....  We'd either get a second fiddle to the top talent OR have to reach on an O-lineman or linebacker.  I love JC, but not at 27.

We really need to move out of 27, either up or down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 63rd pick in the 2023 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Detroit Lions select DJ Turner, CB, Michigan.

With the Okudah trade today, the Lions were in the market for another corner, and DJ Turner might be the steal of the draft.  The fastest 40 time at the combine, and battle-tested against the best receivers in the country, Turner will play right away as the nickel corner.

@MrEpsYtown and the Bears are on the clock.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

If you think a guy is slot only you do not take him in round 1. I don't think Addison is myself. I think he can play outside and inside. He is at his best IMO in a creative system where he is going to be moved around the formation. Sort of like the 49ers use Aiyuk. I know Aiyuk is a bit thicker but for me Addison has a better release package than Aiyuk did coming out. 

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

With the 63rd pick in the 2023 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Detroit Lions select DJ Turner, CB, Michigan.

With the Okuda trade today, the Lions were in the market for another corner, and DJ Turner might be the steal of the draft.  The fastest 40 time at the combine, and battle-tested against the best receivers in the country, Turner will play right away as the nickel corner.

@MrEpsYtown and the Bears are on the clock.

I like that pick. I have a late 2nd on him. The value at the moment the way this draft has gone is corners and edge rushers. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bears (MrEpsYtown) are on the clock

I've been doing a 7 round mock W/trades (but no players or future draft picks are allowed to be traded) on a Broncos site for the last 4 years.  We've just finished up....just for fun/entertainment/information whatever.....I am posting what the Bills drafter did....

1-27 (27): Buffalo Bills  - Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma

2-28 (59): Buffalo Bills  - Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa

****TRADE****  Bills move up to 86.  Ravens get 91 and 137

3-23 (86): Buffalo Bills - Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane

4-28 (130): Buffalo Bills  - Puka Nacua, WR, BYU

6-28 (205): Buffalo Bills  - Jalen Redmond, DL, Oklahoma

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Round 3 begins.  

I am tempted to say no more trades, but we will see how it goes.  Need to knock this out in 72 hours 

To be fair we speeded up again yesterday. It was Sunday and Monday that was a bit painful. 

EDIT: and also trades tend to slow down in the 3rd because people don't like to accept compensation that they can't spend in this process. I have tried trading up in the 3rd in previous version and people don't want your 4th or 5th rounders because they don't get to use them. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

With the 64th selection, the Chicago Bears select Gervon Dexter, DT, Florida

Dexter is a former 5 star recruit who is a monster inside. He is huge, 6-6, 310 and blew up the combine a bit. He can play the 1 tech or 3 tech. For the Bears, he instantly upgrades the interior of their defensive line. Dexter is one of those boom or bust prospects, but if he puts it all together with coaching, his upside is tremendous. To me, getting this type of player in the third round is great value. 

So that wraps up the Bears portion of the draft. Biggest needs coming in were OL and DL and getting help for the QB. 

Justin Fields is the man for us, so we adda stud left tackle in Paris Johnson which improves the O line across the board. We add to the D line with huge explosive athletes with Keion White and Gervon Dexter, and come away with Derrick Henry for a second rounder, taking pressure off Fields. I am happy to come away with these 4 players in the first three rounds of the draft. 

@wppete and the Texans are on the clock

@Virgil

• Like (+1) 2

I was tempted to go edge again, and I had a corner I liked, but Dexter and Roy are the DTs I like in this area and then I think there is a bit of a drop off. I went with Dexter over Roy because of upside and I like both guys better than the Bills pick in Benton, just because upside. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.