The Walls be Closing

Kemp

31 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

so you don’t think Biden took bribes even though everyone knows he was the “big guy” in hunters laptop? Biden has caused more damage to this country than perhaps any person in modern history and it’s not close 

You said think.  They have proven they lack the capabilities of that.   

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

No one should be taking materials.  NO ONE.

So, Trump is guilty and should go to prison, right?

40 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

so you don’t think Biden took bribes even though everyone knows he was the “big guy” in hunters laptop? Biden has caused more damage to this country than perhaps any person in modern history and it’s not close 

When proof is presented of these allegations, I'll say put him in jail.

Since we have proof of Trump committing multiple felonies because he's actually admitted it, why can't you say Trump is guilty and should be jailed?

It's because he's your cult leader.

Trump Supporters’ Violent Rhetoric in His Defense Disturbs Experts

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/10/us/politics/trump-supporter-violent-rhetoric.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

Edited by Kemp

39 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

You do realize that.....

Biden and his attorneys could hold a press conference today and say the following:

"Yes I took a $5M bribe when I was VP. It was wrong and I apologize."

Then congress could immediately commence impeachment after Biden confessed to committing a crime that is specifically called out as an impeachable offense in the constitution. 

And the left still wouldn't acknowledge that Biden took a $5M bribe.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

So, Biden is guilty and should go to prison, right?

When any evidence of Joe Biden committing a felony is presented, I will join you in the quest.

Trump has already admitted committing felonies, even if done in stupidity, yet you can't say he should go to prison.

You always play the same game and always avoid the point, but you can't help yourself, so you're merely a waste of time.

Conservative Media Pundit Ann Coulter:

"Every Republican should commit suicide in solidarity with Trump. Otherwise, we don't have a country."

GOP Rep. Andy Biggs: "We have now reached a war phase. Eye for an eye"

Edited by Kemp
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

When any evidence of Joe Biden committing a felony is presented, I will join you in the quest.

Trump has already admitted committing felonies, even if done in stupidity, yet you can't say he should go to prison.

You always play the same game and always avoid the point, but you can't help yourself, so you're merely a waste of time.

Conservative Media Pundit Ann Coulter:

"Every Republican should commit suicide in solidarity with Trump. Otherwise, we don't have a country."

The double standard here is on the right, not the left. 

When people close to Trump and people who worked for him and have first hand experience say anything negative about him, they dismiss it as biased and not credible. 

But when random people say anything negative about someone on the left, they believe it straightaway with no skepticism. Random person says Biden is taking bribes with no evidence? Must be true. FBI whistleblower has the inside scoop on the investigation despite not working for the FBI for years? Has to be real. As anonymous source has a whistleblower that’s going to bring down the Biden’s but then loses the whistler blower? Definitely credible. 

If there is hard evidence that Biden committed crimes, then he should face the consequences. He is already under investigation for the documents at his house. If he was using them for personal gain, we’ll find out about it. 

So far, it just looks like his son is a loser influence peddler. Gross, but not necessarily illegal (unfortunately) and not necessarily involving his father either. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

He had classified material he never had any business possessing.  That's a felony. 

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

You love to write words. You never address the crux of the biscuit.

You : answer the question

Me : answers the question

You: too clueless to see the answer

Me: you are too clueless to see the answer

You: biscuit 

wtf?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Point me to the answers to these questions?

Here you go, Codger. I changed the font for emphasis. 

As of today, Trump is not guilty of any crimes.  As of today, the same holds true for Joe Biden.  That situation may change in the future.  Thereafter, it may change again depending on the trajectory of the court system. 

That you don’t like the answer is your problem, not mine.   

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Do you believe Trump is guilty as charged?

I have no idea if he’s guilty as charged.  I know that when a prosecutor brings a case before a Grand Jury, it is a lob-sided, indeed one-sided affair where evidence is presented to a group on individuals to make a decision on taking it to the next level.  It’s the prosecution’s time to make their case, the cards are dealt in their favor, and it’s very rare that an indictment is not returned.  

I didn’t fact check this article, nor did I consider federal v state v local. I looked into this when I sat on a grand jury panel 7 or 8 years ago, and these numbers seem right.  The system is designed to get cases to court, or affect plea deals, have defendants tap out, or be punished.  These are facts. 

https://news.yahoo.com/ferguson-federal-grand-jury-indictment-statistics-history-134942645.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFXDIl4gudszY7kzLXwtxRP0ZxMp5omNMdVGkcZ4u2y3s4Y3E9G2wtD06p5asy_IIUDJvg2jiBqpgjkmBwped0pwzIQ9v-51ZSdi7t6wDHxxzKT96earQ0C9aWyBSuESMK14fkMaggVEDXt8DPOZljSorPoBDS-OBVa4y9oskVkO

In the more than 162,500 cases prosecuted by U.S. attorneys from 2009 to 2010, grand juries voted not to return an indictment in only 11, according to data from the Bureau of Justice Statistics — equivalent to one in 14,759 cases, or 0.0068 percent.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Should he be tried for these charges?

That ship has sailed, and he is going to be tried for these charges. 

If I suspend cynicism and my belief that this is a politically motivated event, I can see a set of circumstances where he should be charged.  Those circumstances include trading in national security secrets with foreign adversaries.   I think the chances that happened are infinitesimal. 

Assuming that isn’t the case—-Big picture, given what we know about the complete clusterf$ckery of safeguards and classified documents, and that it seems to be the exception where safeguards are followed, and that decisions that “…no reasonable prosecutor…” would prosecute otherwise criminal acts, I think the actions of the SC are extremely, exceptionally, and almost unbelievably bad for the nation.   

Let’s also take this time to acknowledge that after I responded to your questions, you refused to answer mine.  That’s weird. 🤫

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

wtf?

He does that with everyone.  He doesn't like/agree with the answer so he claims you're not answering the question.  It's laughable.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

He had classified material he never had any business possessing.  That's a felony. 

Actually, here's the law:

(a)

Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

Trump has demonstrated intent, in spades.

Biden and Pence haven't done that. They returned the discovered docs. Trump didn't and still hasn't. 

I realize that the actual law doesn't matter to you. 

In cults, laws don't matter.

8 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

wtf?

Did you answer whether Trump should be prosecuted in there in some sort of code?

39 minutes ago, Kemp said:

So, Trump is guilty and should go to prison, right?

When proof is presented of these allegations, I'll say put him in jail.

Since we have proof of Trump committing multiple felonies because he's actually admitted it, why can't you say Trump is guilty and should be jailed?

It's because he's your cult leader.

Trump Supporters’ Violent Rhetoric in His Defense Disturbs Experts

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/10/us/politics/trump-supporter-violent-rhetoric.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

when the government is afraid of the people you have liberty

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Only if you can prove intent 

The intent was proven by actually taking material he never had any business possessing and can only have purposefully taken.

Edited by Doc

8 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Here you go, Codger. I changed the font for emphasis. 

As of today, Trump is not guilty of any crimes.  As of today, the same holds true for Joe Biden.  That situation may change in the future.  Thereafter, it may change again depending on the trajectory of the court system. 

That you don’t like the answer is your problem, not mine.   

I have no idea if he’s guilty as charged.  I know that when a prosecutor brings a case before a Grand Jury, it is a lob-sided, indeed one-sided affair where evidence is presented to a group on individuals to make a decision on taking it to the next level.  It’s the prosecution’s time to make their case, the cards are dealt in their favor, and it’s very rare that an indictment is not returned.  

I didn’t fact check this article, nor did I consider federal v state v local. I looked into this when I sat on a grand jury panel 7 or 8 years ago, and these numbers seem right.  The system is designed to get cases to court, or affect plea deals, have defendants tap out, or be punished.  These are facts. 

https://news.yahoo.com/ferguson-federal-grand-jury-indictment-statistics-history-134942645.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFXDIl4gudszY7kzLXwtxRP0ZxMp5omNMdVGkcZ4u2y3s4Y3E9G2wtD06p5asy_IIUDJvg2jiBqpgjkmBwped0pwzIQ9v-51ZSdi7t6wDHxxzKT96earQ0C9aWyBSuESMK14fkMaggVEDXt8DPOZljSorPoBDS-OBVa4y9oskVkO

In the more than 162,500 cases prosecuted by U.S. attorneys from 2009 to 2010, grand juries voted not to return an indictment in only 11, according to data from the Bureau of Justice Statistics — equivalent to one in 14,759 cases, or 0.0068 percent.

That ship has sailed, and he is going to be tried for these charges. 

If I suspend cynicism and my belief that this is a politically motivated event, I can see a set of circumstances where he should be charged.  Those circumstances include trading in national security secrets with foreign adversaries.   I think the chances that happened are infinitesimal. 

Assuming that isn’t the case—-Big picture, given what we know about the complete clusterf$ckery of safeguards and classified documents, and that it seems to be the exception where safeguards are followed, and that decisions that “…no reasonable prosecutor…” would prosecute otherwise criminal acts, I think the actions of the SC are extremely, exceptionally, and almost unbelievably bad for the nation.   

Let’s also take this time to acknowledge that after I responded to your questions, you refused to answer mine.  That’s weird. 🤫

You have no idea if he's guilty?

You haven't been following any of this stuff, I suppose.

Did you have any idea if OJ was guilty before the trial?

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

when the government is afraid of the people you have liberty

North Koreans would like to have a word with you.

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Actually, here's the law:

(a)

Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

Trump has demonstrated intent, in spades.

Biden and Pence haven't done that. They returned the discovered docs. Trump didn't and still hasn't. 

I realize that the actual law doesn't matter to you. 

In cults, laws don't matter.

OK then, fine him.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The intent was proven by actually taking material he never had any business possessing and can only have purposefully taken.

And his defense will be:

”Do you think the Vice President of the United States packs up his own office? Of course not. He has movers pack everything up. In this case, the movers just grabbed everything from his office and put it in boxes indiscriminately. Those boxes sat in Biden’s properties without him knowing that there were things in there that shouldn’t have been. The moment he learned about this, he called the authorities and cooperated fully with the investigation, turning over every document that was wrongfully placed in his possession.”

Now tell me, do you still think you’d get 12 jurors to convict? I’m not sure you’d even get to that point as you likely wouldn’t survive a motion to dismiss with the evidence that’s currently public. 

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You have no idea if he's guilty?

You haven't been following any of this stuff, I suppose.

Did you have any idea if OJ was guilty before the trial?

North Koreans would like to have a word with you.

you elected a guy who’s biggest accomplishment was passing the drug and crime bills in the 80s. This resulted in millions upon millions of minorities imprisoned for low level possession drug crimes. Consequences being minorities set back generations as kids grew up without parents and the violence from that is seen daily on the streets of cities like Chicago.  Did trump ever cause problems such as that? Or do you support imprisoning minorities?

Just now, aristocrat said:

you elected a guy who’s biggest accomplishment was passing the drug and crime bills in the 80s. This resulted in millions upon millions of minorities imprisoned for low level possession drug crimes. Consequences being minorities set back generations as kids grew up without parents and the violence from that is seen daily on the streets of cities like Chicago.  Did trump ever cause problems such as that? Or do you support imprisoning minorities?

Yeah, Trump only killed hundreds of thousands of his own supporters. No biggie. 

• Haha (+1) 1