The Walls be Closing

Kemp

58 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I frankly hope you are right, and I hope you apply these same standards to your own house. 

The Manhattan case is fairly strong but prosecutors have him dead to rights on the Georgia election interference case and the Mar A Lago documents case. At this point, the only reason he wouldn’t be indicted would be political considerations. 

The Democratic Party is a disaster and a mess, but I’ll point out that Al Franken is no longer in Congress while Jim Jordan is. While not perfect, the Dems are a bit better at holding their own accountable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

The Manhattan case is fairly strong but prosecutors have him dead to rights on the Georgia election interference case and the Mar A Lago documents case. At this point, the only reason he wouldn’t be indicted would be political considerations. 

The Democratic Party is a disaster and a mess, but I’ll point out that Al Franken is no longer in Congress while Jim Jordan is. While not perfect, the Dems are a bit better at holding their own accountable. 

Al Franken was me too'd.

26 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Al Franken was me too'd.

Al Franken was pushed out by the party for alleged bad behavior. Jim Jordan is still in Congress and even chairs a committee despite allegedly covering up sex abuse. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Al Franken was pushed out by the party for alleged bad behavior. Jim Jordan is still in Congress and even chairs a committee despite allegedly covering up sex abuse. 

Why not just deal with the obvious?  Joe Biden is President after acknowledging inappropriate touching of women.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I'll take "the party of Chappaquiddick" for $1000, Alex!

Listen, Jordan may or may not have had a role in a cover up when he was an assistant wrestling coach.  If dems believe he did wrong, why not run a house ethics inquiry? If it's proven that he did wrong,  he should be appropriately punished. 

You understand that Al Franken was not pushed out due to Democrat integrity, right?

Edited by Tenhigh

14 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Listen, Jordan may or may not have had a role in a cover up when he was an assistant wrestling coach.  If dems believe he did qrong, why not run a house ethics inquiry? If it's proven that he did wrong,  he should be appropriately punished. 

You understand that Al Franken was not pushed out due to Democrat integrity, right?

Yes he was 

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Listen, Jordan may or may not have had a role in a cover up when he was an assistant wrestling coach.  If dems believe he did wrong, why not run a house ethics inquiry? If it's proven that he did wrong,  he should be appropriately punished. 

The Jim Jordan story is most likely fiction, designed to derail political aspirations, though who really knows?  Politics is loaded with these stories, it’s a blood sport. 

However, I continue to be fascinated by reactions here.  RedTail, the good Biden apologist that he is, responds to a post about Biden with the old down thumb emoji.  

Joe Biden has acknowledged and apologized for inappropriately touching women.  What’s the issue here?   Can you see something I’m missing?  

Ohio representative and former Ohio State University wrestling coach Jim Jordan aided and abetted in the university's cover-up of sexual abuse within the program, a former team captain said in front of Ohio state legislators on Wednesday. 

"Jim Jordan called me crying, groveling, begging me to go against my brother, begging me, crying for a half-hour," DiSabato said Wednesday. "That’s the kind of cover-up that’s going on there." 

Adam DiSabato, captain of the team during the early 1990s, told members of the Ohio House Civil Justice Committee that Jordan and other officials ignored former Ohio State doctor Richard Strauss's sexual abuse of wrestlers from 1979 to 1997. DiSabato said that Jordan and other team officials knew about open-shower facilities that facilitated sexual harassment and abuse of team wrestlers. Jordan has previously denied the allegation. 

Wednesday's testimony is a part of a hearing on legislation that would permit survivors of Strauss's abuse to sue the university for damages. Currently, the statute of limitations disallows them from doing so. 

A university study found that Strauss abused at least 177 people during his tenure as the wrestling team's doctor. Strauss was never charged and died by suicide in 2005. 

A former Ohio State wrestler told the university's lawyers in 2018 that, “Based on testimony from victim athletes from each of the aforementioned varsity sports, we estimate that Strauss sexually assaulted and/or raped a minimum of 1,500/2,000 athletes at OSU.” 

In November 2019, NBC News reported that around 350 men were suing Ohio State, saying they were abused.

DiSabato and his brother, Mike, were among the initial whistleblowers that prompted the university to launch an investigation in 2018. 

Jordan, who has represented Ohio's 4th congressional district since 2007, was once a contender for speaker of the House. He has denied all wrongdoing. President Donald Trump is among those who have spoken out in favor of the embattled legislator. 

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2020/02/12/jim-jordan-accused-cover-up-sexual-abuse-ohio-state

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

and then.  reads like a fishing expedition if they subpoenaed 20 of them.

and kind of reads like Cassidy Hutchinson hearsay story from the J6 theatre.

reads like...

lmao - you @$#@'s will never learn. 

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg