Anyone Following The Alex Murdaugh Trial?

Tiberius

17 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So as he took the stand he must

1) think he is innocent 

2) be a sociopath or psychopath 

3) be batsch!t crazy

whats your take? From a distance sounds like 2?

Why not all 3?

His shuckity shucks crap didn't work.. at all. Glad this one is behind us... reality tv for sure... i'll tune in for some of this kind of stuff if I'm doing something on the sidebar.

Who's Next?

On 2/24/2023 at 1:31 PM, SCBills said:

Could not understand why so many people were interested in this case.  

Was bored at the office yesterday and put it on. 

Have watched a good bit of it yesterday and today.  

Murdaugh definitely comes across as a liar with a ton of issues, but there has been nothing .. at all .. that has convinced me he killed his wife and son… at least not yet.   

…and fwiw, I went into this hearing others explain the case to me and thinking “well, of course he’s guilty of murder”.  

These two days of him on the stand have made me question that. 

How you feel about the case now?  You convinced? 

22 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

How you feel about the case now?  You convinced? 

No.  I’ll admit though, I really only watched when Murdaugh was on the stand, along with a summary of the case/evidence.  

I couldn’t convict him based on what I heard.   Sounds like the jury just “thinks” he did it… which isn’t how our legal system works. 

Although, gun to my head, having to choose, I’d say he probably did it. 

That said .. this tweet sums it up for me. 

Edited by SCBills

On 2/24/2023 at 1:38 PM, Tiberius said:

Pretty interesting 

Cuomo did a lot on him last nite, opened the show with 2 segments interviewing one of his defense attorney's. As you say, pretty interesting. The video of his voice with their dog seems to be the deciding piece of evidence as he claimed to be somewhere else. As an aside, been looking for a reasonable, moderate voice since O'Reilly left Fox. I'm shocked that I may have found it in Chris Cuomo. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

No.  I’ll admit though, I really only watched when Murdaugh was on the stand, along with a summary of the case/evidence.  

I couldn’t convict him based on what I heard.   Sounds like the jury just “thinks” he did it… which isn’t how our legal system works. 

Although, gun to my head, having to choose, I’d say he probably did it. 

That said .. this tweet sums it up for me. 

So that dumb tweet resonates more with you than a fair trial cause from the little bits you heard you didn’t really “sense” he was guilty?  Wine-moms????  Free that man!  Are we even sure it wasn’t a woke trial? 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Cuomo did a lot on him last nite, opened the show with 2 segments interviewing one of his defense attorney's. As you say, pretty interesting. The video of his voice with their dog seems to be the deciding piece of evidence as he claimed to be somewhere else. As an aside, been looking for a reasonable, moderate voice since O'Reilly left Fox. I'm shocked that I may have found it in Chris Cuomo. 

People can reinvent themselves, and if C. Cuomo can suppress his urge to throwing detractors down a set of stairs, his willingness to target and destroy accusers, and find humility he was surely lacking, maybe he can be that voice. 

Still, the model he has historically operated in doesn’t suited to straight down the line reporting. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

So that dumb tweet resonates more with you than a fair trial cause from the little bits you heard you didn’t really “sense” he was guilty?  Wine-moms????  Free that man!  Are we even sure it wasn’t a woke trial? 

What evidence made you believe he undoubtedly did it?

Be specific. 

A juror literally said he thought he was guilty because Murdaugh wasn’t remorseful.