Anyone else on the John Michael Schmitz bandwagon?

78thealltimegreat

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he only played center in college, not guard. Not sure we could rely on him to be a day one starter at guard. And he's going to be a 24 year old rookie like Boogie Basham was. So this would be a disappointing 1st round pick IMO. If he makes it to our pick in round 2, sure.

Basham turned 24 in December of his rookie season.

This dude will be 24 in March before the draft. I think it definitely gives me some pause on if this dude is worth a top 30 pick.  Who was the last 24 year old rookie that turned out to be a great success?

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm on the wagon of a number of top IOL.

Schmitz

Wypler

Tippmann

Terrance

Mauch

Vorhees

Patterson

Need 2 of those guys in the first 3 rounds.

I’d take one of them that can play center and an OT in first 3.  

Seems like a deep IOL draft at C/G.  Donno if I use a first on a 24 year old.  

14 hours ago, nosejob said:

So was Horrible Harry.

seems like guys in the trenches (both sides) and LBs were at one point good wrestlers. great way to put power in the hands, learn balance and leverage. im not drafting anybody over it, but its something i would look for as a tie breaker on my draft board with 2 even prospects

13 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Schmitz & Mauch would be a hellava combo in the first 2 rounds. We'd have to pray a diamond wr falls to 3rd?

if there are good OL on the board you take them first. thats where we get more bang for the buck outta this draft

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If Q Johnston gets near 27 you go for it. Not sure yet on Rice.  But OL is beyond imperative. 

Maybe. But I'm not trading up in the 1st for a WR2. I don't think we have enough draft capital as it is this year. The OL is top priority in the draft in my eyes, but I think FA could change my mind. We have got to find a way to get Josh 3+ seconds without having to keep Knox and a RB in as an extra blockers. Not going to win the battle if you keep your weapons in the hanger.

Just get somebody in front of Allen that can hold their ground.  I don’t care who, don’t care how. 

To me, WR needs to be addressed early, it’s now a 20M+/yr position (thanks idiot Raiders).  You are going to have to not only find one, but have a replacement in the wings when you can’t re-sign the next one. The Bengals have a sweet deal right now with a rookie contract for their QB, and 2 stud WRs, that’s a game changer.  We’re stuck on the other side of it. We’ll have to move on from Diggs sooner than later with the impending cap issues.  It’s time to start flinging poop and hoping it sticks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.