Post-game thoughts after a disappointing loss

Logic

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

yes, knew this was coming after the way they looked Vs Miami.  

Samehere.  After last week, I thought it would take a perfect Bills game to barely beat Cincy.  After the first disoriented 3 and out of the game, I knew it was over.

1 minute ago, Heels20X6 said:

Samehere.  After last week, I thought it would take a perfect Bills game to barely beat Cincy.  After the first disoriented 3 and out of the game, I knew it was over.

the rah rah crowd advised me all was well, I’ve known for a month now this wasn’t going to be it despite the record. 

they will never win anything with this soft ass OL and non existent pass rush.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

I am honestly puzzled about the ass-kicking we got tonight. Did we get manhandled? Yes. Was it because our players are not good enough? Maybe. Was it because our O and D coordinators didn't do a good enough job? Maybe. Was it because our Head Coach didn't have the team prepared? Apparently. It could also be that Cinci was just one hell of a good team.

I think it sucks, and it hurts like hell, but let's not leap to conclusions. The team needs some major changes, but what they are is not clear. I do know we have some great talent--Josh Allen, Diggs, Knox, etc. etc. There is hope. Beane or someone just needs to make some tough decisions.

Edited by Tolstoy

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

the rah rah crowd advised me all was well, I’ve known for a month now this wasn’t going to be it despite the record. 

No team will ever win a Super Bowl without an established run game. The Bills refuse to learn this and think Allen IS their run game.

• Agree 1

I know we all want to talk about what’s wrong with this team, but a large part of me says the Bills won big this season, just knowing Hamlin will be able to live a normal life some day. That win is bigger than any game. 

It’s not all bad this year. Ok, now we can all go back to bitchin about the team.

I can't believe we put such a piss poor effort in front of the Hamlin family.

The Bengals manufactured "disrespect" worked better to motivate their backups than Von's Lombardi trophy replica did for the most expensive DL in the league. 

The weather affected the dome-less team the most, yet again. 

I can't believe we punted on fourth down and 2 or less multiple times. 

asdas.png

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I was a charter member of the rah rah crowd and you and the rest of the pessimists were right.  I refused to see that the only thing winning us games was Allen & Diggs play.  I will no longer be deluded when rooting for this team. It was like a curtain was lifted from over my eyes today. 

3 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Our season was extremely derailed by the first Cincy game, we haven't recovered from that and it showed today. There were other things also but this one was the most important imo.

Hyde's injury was the first big hit to the Bills train. We started veering off course on defense. Hamlin filled in admirably but we lost rhythm and communication. When Von went down we got derailed. Going from #4 in pressures to #27 is a big drop and it shouldn't fall on one man, but it did. Von was the soul of the DL and we lost our edge and intimidation on D after that. 

By the time Hamlin was hurt, our defense lost it's fire.  The big hits were gone. And today without Daquan Jones we lost our last the last piece. Muscle in the middle and our defense was cooked and couldn't stop anything.  We got bulldozed.  

Unfortunately, the weak OL was also getting hammered and Josh could not get in a rhythm. He had no time to find anyone and he pressed too hard and couldn't carry the offense. The OL couldn't open up lanes for Cook or Devin and we had no mojo. It was a slow, agonizing 3 hour death. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IronyAbounds said:

Out of curiosity, how is the salary cap situation looking for next year? Seems to be a pretty important element in assessing whether this team can improve.

Currently, at least last I looked, in the negative.  They will have to do restructures just to get under the cap and sign a full roster.  I wouldnt expect any big FA signings.  Not a one and we will see some players go in FA

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.