Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

1 hour ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Didn't you just say something about winning games with a guy that's never played a down in the NFL? Your hypocrisy is relentless

You're the dude here claiming Cook is a bust because he wasn't RB1 coming into the season, and you also can't prove there was ever an expectation he would immediately be RB1 when they drafted him.

You clearly don't know what hypocrisy is either, since there's nothing even remotely hypocritical in what I said.

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Honestly, I don't think Motor thought he was RB1 going into the season 

I think the expectation was that Motor, Cook, and Moss would split time and that's what we got. Moss not so much. Beane drafting Cook was to make up for McKissic falling through.  I don't think there was ever an expectation that McKissic was coming here to be the feature back.  He was going to be used in the same manner Cook was, which was never became part of this offense this year with either Cook or Hines.

Edited by Billz4ever

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So you really think the best RB in the draft and probably a top 5 talent overall is going to fall to near the bottom of round #1?

I don't follow the thinking there since many teams will either fill by need, which some teams need a RB, or others will just take BPA.  Either way, I don't see how that possibly translates into him falling to us.

LMAO, come again?

You're claiming they drafted Cook with expectations he would be RB1 from the start of the season and because he's not, that equals bust?

*Citation needed which demonstrates that was ever the thinking when Beane drafted him.

No. I based my reply on your theory of his use was to be limited.

Just now, 1onemangang7 said:

No. I based my reply on your theory of his use was to be limited.

It's not a theory considering that's how the Bills use their RBs.

You have not even come close to providing any evidence whatsoever that Cook was drafted to be the feature back in his rookie season.  In fact, everything says otherwise.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

What are you even talking about?

You're the dude here claiming Cook is a bust because he wasn't RB1 coming into the season, and you also can't prove there was ever an expectation he would immediately be RB1 when they drafted him.

You clearly don't know what hypocrisy is either, since there's nothing even remotely hypocritical in what I said.

I think the expectation was that Cook and Motor would split time and that's what we got.

Hypocritical cause you demand answers to questions but don't answer questions. Hypocritical cause you argue that I win games with guys that never played a down in the NFL, then go on and on about Robinson is too good to be available.  

It's not a theory considering that's how the Bills use their RBs.

You have not even come close to providing any evidence whatsoever that Cook was drafted to be the feature back in his rookie season.  In fact, everything says otherwise.

I don't need one. He's not going to be one. The argument is to get one that is. Are you really this stupid?. I don't think you're ever going to understand me without sharpening up a bit.

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Sorry fella, I've been asking you the same question FIRST that you have never answered, therefore, the hypocrisy starts and ends with you. 

LMAO, the bolded part doesn't even make sense since they aren't even remotely talking about the same thing.

Robinson hasn't played an NFL game. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Cook is a bust. It happens. Good teams don't let it sink them. Philly drafted a wr before Jefferson. They moved on and got Brown. It would help if the fan base wouldn't just accept every schmuck they put in uniform. Let em hear it. 

Every time you say cook a rookie is a bust you’re just showing your ignorance

He could’ve had the worst season possible when he didn’t it was really starting to come on towards the end of the season, whenever he finally started getting carries, and you still couldn’t call my bust it was just his first year

By the time the season was over, he was catching up to Singletary on carries

Stop with this you’re making yourself look foolish

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Agree 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Every time you say cook a rookie is a bust you’re just showing your ignorance

He could’ve had the worst season possible when she didn’t it was really starting to come on towards the end of the season, whenever he finally started getting carries, and you still couldn’t call my bus because it was just his first year

By the time the season was over, he was catching up to Singletary on carries

Stop with this you’re making yourself look foolish

The position requires zero seasoning. They reached. They made a mistake

That's a bust.

29 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It happened with Breece Hall last season. He was highly rated in draft circles, but the "you don't draft RBs in the first rd", value crap affected his positioning. Same with JT28

But Hall wasn't ranked anywhere near as high as Robinson.  

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-nfl-draft-board-big-board.   Hall was 57 here.  Robinson is 18.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-draft-big-board-top-50-prospects-w0/. Hall was 33 here.  Robinson is 4.

Edited by Billz4ever

We all root for the Bills. Just quit giving mgmt passes. You'll defend anyone with uniform on. You gotta chip in or there's no reason for them to change it.

And you sitting there talking bull#### thing you think that that’s going to change some thing?

There are legitimate reasons to be upset with this team right now drafting cook, isn’t one of them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

We all root for the Bills. Just quit giving mgmt passes. You'll defend anyone with uniform on. You gotta chip in or there's no reason for them to change it.

Being critical of the Bills in some areas is not the same thing as agreeing with your takes. One can be critical and yet disagree with you.

• Agree 1

Just now, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Being critical of the Bills in some areas is not the same thing as agreeing with your takes. One can be critical and yet disagree with you.

That's true. They hear it from Parcells though and agree. 

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Anyone that watched the whooping the Bills took against Cincy and their #1 takeaway from that game was that we need to draft a RB in the first round this year has some screws loose.

A run game solves a lot and preserves your qb. Your home field in your conditions and the visitor knew to run.  Buffalo can't. They don't have the personnel.  17 would be it.

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Anyone that watched the whooping the Bills took against Cincy and their #1 takeaway from that game was that we need to draft a RB in the first round this year has some screws loose.

Cook had 2.6 ypc in that game. Where's that argument. ? Change your hypo

1 hour ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Dorsey worked with what he had. Josh Allen . Blame the gm. You applaud his moves then scape on the oc.

I don't need to argue about it. The guy can't carry 25 times a game without breaking down. He's too small. You just don't get it. You wanna pick on an OL that's good enough to make them odds on favorites but no help for the backfield.

Dorsey didn’t even try and incorporate what he had.  Going into the offseason, adding a RB with plus receiving ability and RAC was a big priority.  So much so, they offered JD McKissic 2 year 7M.  Word is chase Edmonds almost signed here before Miami.  So Beane drafts cook.  The best receiving rb in the class.  We clearly wanted to build up our short game.  Teams want to take away Diggs and play the shell would now pay because we could hit the short pass and take it for 6-12 yards.  That’s what we all expected.  great idea.  

too bad it was just an idea in our and Beanes head.  Dorsey didn’t use the backs to the best their abilities. 

But you’re entitled to your opinion

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You're right, they don't have the personnel.  The O-Line got thoroughly embarrassed that game.  To think you can have an effective run game without an effective O-Line is laughable.

Allen runs behind that line on designed runs just fine . Then the head coach and gm say he takes too many hits. No OL is gonna make holes big enough for cook to wear down a defense. The philosophy of undersized backs has to change. They've kept a stable for quite some time now 

Edited by 1onemangang7

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dorsey didn’t even try and incorporate what he had.  Going into the offseason, adding a RB with plus receiving ability and RAC was a big priority.  So much so, they offered JD McKissic 2 year 7M.  Word is chase Edmonds almost signed here before Miami.  So Beane drafts cook.  The best receiving rb in the class.  We clearly wanted to build up our short game.  Teams want to take away Diggs and play the shell would now pay because we could hit the short pass and take it for 6-12 yards.  That’s what we all expected.  great idea.  

too bad it was just an idea in our and Beanes head.  Dorsey didn’t use the backs to the best their abilities. 

But you’re entitled to your opinion

I thought the McKissic fiasco made it obvious what type of back Beane wanted.  Apparently, it wasn't quite so obvious to some. 

Then, there's zero attempt to add that piece to the offense.  Even after the addition of Hines, it never happened.

I think it's safe to say Beane had more in-mind for Hines than just returning kicks.

25 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Allen runs behind that line on designed runs just fine . Then the head coach and gm say he takes too many hits. No OL is gonna make holes big enough for cook to wear down a defense. The philosophy of undersized backs has to change. They've kept a stable for quite some time now 

Most of Allen's runs are scrambles out of the pocket after protection breaks down or he can't find a receiver, so please stop trying to make it sound like Allen's yardage all from designed QB runs.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Haha (+1) 1

I thought the McKissic fiasco made it obvious what type of back Beane wanted.  Apparently, it wasn't quite so obvious to some. 

Then, there's zero attempt to add that piece to the offense.  Even after the addition of Hines, it never happened.

I think it's safe to say Beane had more in-mind for Hines than just returning kicks.

Beane actually said as much in the end-of-season press conference. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Beane actually said as much in the end-of-season press conference. 

Which makes this whole thing all the more weird.  Beane is essentially admitting there's a disconnect between the players he's bringing in and then what that translates to in Dorsey's offense.

Seems almost certain Dorsey is coming back, so I really hope they get on the same page because the draft could be disastrous if they aren't.

Which makes this whole thing all the more weird.  Beane is essentially admitting there's a disconnect between the players he's bringing in and then what that translates to in Dorsey's offense.

Seems almost certain Dorsey is coming back, so I really hope they get on the same page because the draft could be disastrous if they 

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Seems almost certain Dorsey is coming back, so I really hope they get on the same page because the draft could be disastrous if they aren't.

Deuce Vaughn lol. Another bust. Your hypocrisy is off the charts. You just argued all that and then say he doesn't fit. Sorry I gotta block your dumb ass

58 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

The position requires zero seasoning. They reached. They made a mistake

That's a bust.

I absolutely agree the Bills reached on James Cook, but that doesn't necessarily make him a bust. He can still be a weapon but he's a committee back, they need a bigger hard nosed RB to pair with him. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I absolutely agree the Bills reached on James Cook, but that doesn't necessarily make him a bust. He can still be a weapon but he's a committee back, they need a bigger hard nosed RB to pair with him. 

And some wanna put 20lbs on him with an off season program. I just call a spade a spade . Sorry

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Cook has the frame to carry an extra 10 pounds easily. I don’t remember anybody saying that he needed to gain 20 pounds.

Alright John. So then it wasn't a bust? Team was built. There wasn't a "bigger hard nosed rb" to pair with him as Cape suggests and you still defend drafting a project.  Sacrifice a super bowl season for a project.  Good idea. We can win after he puts on enough to still not fit the need.

• Disagree 2

8 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Alright John. So then it wasn't a bust? Team was built. There wasn't a "bigger hard nosed rb" to pair with him as Cape suggests and you still defend drafting a project.  Sacrifice a super bowl season for a project.  Good idea. We can win after he puts on enough to still not fit the need.

Once again, making the incorrect assumption that Cook was drafted with the expectations he would immediately be this elite back who should take over the league on Day 1.

Cook was drafted because the McKissic deal fell through.  Unless you're going to try to make the claim McKissic was being brought in to be our every down feature back, you're obviously way off base.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

Most of Allen's runs are scrambles out of the pocket after protection breaks down or he can't find a receiver, so please stop trying to make it sound like Allen's yardage all from designed QB runs.

Agreed.  

he had some success catching the ball 5 catches 50+ yards and a TD. Running the ball, he resembled the great Reggie Bush.  6 rushes -3 yards.  

he had no chance when he took a handoff.  I would bet that some of the blame would fall on the play calling.  Not just poor OL.  Every game is a chess match between OCs and DCs.  It’s not just players making plays.

The SB window is open and we’re rolling the dice with a guy that “might” be a good OC/ play caller.  No one knows if he’s good. He wasn’t last year Imo.  Not saying he’s bad either.  Just the jury is still out on a coaching position that is vital to teams succeeding.  Especially with a defensive HC.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  

he had some success catching the ball 5 catches 50+ yards and a TD. Running the ball, he resembled the great Reggie Bush.  6 rushes -3 yards.  

he had no chance when he took a handoff.  I would bet that some of the blame would fall on the play calling.  Not just poor OL.  Every game is a chess match between OCs and DCs.  It’s not just players making plays.

The SB window is open and we’re rolling the dice with a guy that “might” be a good OC/ play caller.  No one knows if he’s good. He wasn’t last year Imo.  Not saying he’s bad either.  Just the jury is still out on a coaching position that is vital to teams succeeding.  Especially with a defensive HC.  

If Beane and Dorsey don't get on the same page, this draft could turn out to be a real s*** show.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  

No one is good enough at OC if the qb is the run game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Name me all the teams with a great run game that have an O-line ranked in the bottom quarter of the league.

So that's your excuse to carry 3 undersized backs? Trade one for another? Lmao they're obsessed.  Name me another team that had 3 losses in the super bowl era with an OL ranked in the bottom quarter of the leauge.

So that's your excuse to carry 3 undersized backs? Trade one for another? Lmao they're obsessed.  Name me another team that had 3 losses in the super bowl era with an OL ranked in the bottom quarter of the league.

So you can't.  Gotcha.  No O-Line, no effective running game.  This isn't rocket science.

13 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

No one is good enough at OC if the qb is the run game.

James cook averaged 5.7 ypc…… he’s not the reason Josh Allen was the run game.  

oh wait…. 81 year old Bill Parcells

14 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If Beane and Dorsey don't get on the same page, this draft could turn out to be a real s*** show.

No doubt

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

Beane knows what style he wants to run and that's why he acquired Cook & Hines. The problem 100% lies in Josh and Ken.  Over Josh's first 3-4 seasons he was devastating, running both designed plays and pocket breakdowns.  I think in Josh's mind he feels he still has to be the guy running for 80-90 yards. It's in his blood and ego. Dorsey to some degree has fed this narrative and has added the freedom for Josh to go nuts with deep routes.  Short safe and productive checkdowns kind of ended week 3.  When opponents saw this they implemented a spy with cover shell.  And it worked. Unfortunately both Josh and Ken never returned to using dumpoffs and checkdowns like they did against the Rams & Titans.  This will be McB's biggest challenge convincing Josh & Ken why the short passes are so instrumental in running a complete offense. 

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

James cook averaged 5.7 ypc…… he’s not the reason Josh Allen was the run game.  

oh wait…. 81 year old Bill Parcells

No doubt

Completely agree. The problem this April won't be selecting offensive players. It will be making sure Beane & Dorsey are 100% committed to getting "the right offensive players".  If they're not in agreement it will be a disaster. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.