We’re heading to England next season

Chandler#81

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I believe it’s an established formula. If you want be the Top Dog, you have to beat the Top Dog. I wouldn’t read much more than that into it. The NFL is all about television ratings and promoting the top teams, until they’re no longer the top teams. It’s actually a way, way more level league than most other professional sports. 

We did beat the top dog, 2 years in a row in their house.  Playoffs shouldn't count.

32 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

KC will also have to sacrifice their 9th home game for an International game in Munich, so that's at least fair.

HOWEVER...

How in the HELL do they play all of their toughest games - Bills, Bengals and Eagles - ALL AT HOME?!?!?

We play the Chiefs, Bengals and Eagles ALL ON THE ROAD!!!

That's baloney!!!!!

Because the schedules are set way in advance except for 3 games.... and even those 3 the H-A is already settled. 

Edited by GunnerBill

Just now, TheBeaneBandit said:

Visions of EJ Manuel danced in my head....followed by me falling over.

I was there. Did a full on face plant! That game was full of them. Spiller fumbled going in for the winning touchdown and then the phantom pass interference call sealed the Jags victory. What a mess! But….we had an absolute blast in London. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They will 3 years in a row if we keep both winning our divisions in 2024, 2025, 2026.

As they did in 2012, 2013, 2014 btw.... it is just that then they were teams who kept finishing in the same 2nd or 3rd spot in their divisions.

Edited by GunnerBill

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was there. Did a full on face plant! That game was full of them. Spiller fumbled going in for the winning touchdown and then the phantom pass interference call sealed the Jags victory. What a mess! But….we had an absolute blast in London. 

across the pond, they call that a "howler"......

gotta learn the lingo, here's a few:

field = pitch

standings = table

schedule = fixtures

final score = results

cleats = boots

shut out = clean sheet

prevent defense = park the bus

1 personal foul = yellow card

2 personal foul = red card

fired = sacked

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, papazoid said:

field = pitch

standings = table

schedule = fixtures

final score = results

cleats = boots

shut out = clean sheet

fired = sacked

Don't forget, their 'one finger salute' requires two...😁

image.jpeg.2ddb3e4b9cf18d80e786a708199bc99e.jpeg

What's the matter?  Some of you guys and gals don't want to showcase Josh to the world?  As a player, I would love this.

This Bills vs whoever they're playing...200.gif

R.I.P. Dynamite and Davey Boy 

16 minutes ago, papazoid said:

field = pitch

standings = table

schedule = fixtures

final score = results

cleats = boots

shut out = clean sheet

fired = sacked

Cookies - Biscuits 

Trashcan - Rubbish Bin

Peppa's been schooling me for a couple of years now.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, London Tower, Windsor Castle, Piccadilly Circus, were on the itinerary.

On the positive had you come during covid Big Ben was still covered up for the restoration work. I lost count of the number of (mainly) American tourists who would stop me at the bottom of Whitehall in the three years he was under scaffolding and covers and say "excuse me where is Big Ben" and look devastated when I said "he is there covered by all of that construction material."

The restoration is now complete he has had a polish up as well and he is GLEAMING!

Tower of London is a bit of a naff tourist trap if I'm honest. Other than showing you some pretend crown jewels it's a bit meh. The rest is all good though. If you want some "off the beaten track" gems - Holland Park is beautiful, Camden and the little venice area is bustling and eclectic and the abandoned tube stations tour is brilliant (think they have re-started again now... they were one of the last to re-open post pandemic because underground, confined spaces etc).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, London Tower, Windsor Castle, Piccadilly Circus, were on the itinerary.

You can do all of those things and still go to the game. We’ve been to all of them. All the sites you listed are within a few minutes of each other except for Windsor which is less than an hour by train. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Air BnB at your place?  34 people in sleeping bags on the floor, with beans on toast for brekky? 🤔

26 minutes ago, papazoid said:

field = pitch

standings = table

schedule = fixtures

final score = results

cleats = boots

shut out = clean sheet

fired = sacked

As long as we're on the subject, the queue for the loo will be frightfully long at GunnerBill's. 😳

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.