Happy MLK Day! Martin Luther King, A Great American!β€‹πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έβ€‹

Tiberius

Letter from a Birmingham jail:Β 

https://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Letter_Birmingham.htmlΒ 

Β 

We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. Frankly, I have yet to engage in a direct action campaign that was "well timed" in the view of those who have not suffered unduly from the disease of segregation. For years now I have heard the word "Wait!" It rings in the ear of every ***** with piercing familiarity. This "Wait" has almost always meant "Never." We must come to see, with one of our distinguished jurists, that "justice too long delayed is justice denied."

We have waited for more than 340 years for our constitutional and God given rights. The nations of Asia and Africa are moving with jetlike speed toward gaining political independence, but we still creep at horse and buggy pace toward gaining a cup of coffee at a lunch counter. Perhaps it is easy for those who have never felt the stinging darts of segregation to say, "Wait." But when you have seen vicious mobs lynch your mothers and fathers at will and drown your sisters and brothers at whim; when you have seen hate filled policemen curse, kick and even kill your black brothers and sisters; when you see the vast majority of your twenty million ***** brothers smothering in an airtight cage of poverty in the midst of an affluent society; when you suddenly find your tongue twisted and your speech stammering as you seek to explain to your six year old daughter why she can't go to the public amusement park that has just been advertised on television, and see tears welling up in her eyes when she is told that Funtown is closed to colored children, and see ominous clouds of inferiority beginning to form in her little mental sky, and see her beginning to distort her personality by developing an unconscious bitterness toward white people; when you have to concoct an answer for a five year old son who is asking: "Daddy, why do white people treat colored people so mean?"; when you take a cross county drive and find it necessary to sleep night after night in the uncomfortable corners of your automobile because no motel will accept you; when you are humiliated day in and day out by nagging signs reading "white" and "colored"; when your first name becomes "*****," your middle name becomes "boy" (however old you are) and your last name becomes "John," and your wife and mother are never given the respected title "Mrs."; when you are harried by day and haunted by night by the fact that you are a *****, living constantly at tiptoe stance, never quite knowing what to expect next, and are plagued with inner fears and outer resentments; when you are forever fighting a degenerating sense of "nobodiness"--then you will understand why we find it difficult to wait. There comes a time when the cup of endurance runs over, and men are no longer willing to be plunged into the abyss of despair. I hope, sirs, you can understand our legitimate and unavoidable impatience. You express a great deal of anxiety over our willingness to break laws. This is certainly a legitimate concern. Since we so diligently urge people to obey the Supreme Court's decision of 1954 outlawing segregation in the public schools, at first glance it may seem rather paradoxical for us consciously to break laws. One may well ask: "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."

Just imagine what he would say now seeing his words and vision twisted for state control and promotion of a narrative that one is not responsible for their individual actions/choices.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

And man, who though that statue in Boston was anything but a horrible Idea.

Β 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/outrage-and-mockery-erupt-over-obscene-dollar10m-mlk-statue-erected-in-boston/ar-AA16peBG

• Agree 2

Letter from Birmingham Jail (ext)

By Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., 16 April 1963

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the *****'s great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the ***** to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

"In spite of my shattered dreams of the past, I came to Birmingham with the hope that the white religious leadership of this community would see the justice of our cause, and with deep moral concern, serve as the channel through which our just grievances would get to the power structure. I had hoped that each of you would understand. But again I have been disappointed. I have heard numerous religious leaders of the South call upon their worshippers to comply with a desegregation decision because it is the law, but I have longed to hear white ministers say, "follow this decree because integration is morally right and the ***** is your brother." In the midst of blatant injustices inflicted upon the *****, I have watched white churches stand on the sideline and merely mouth pious irrelevancies and sanctimonious trivialities. In the midst of a mighty struggle to rid our nation of racial and economic injustice, I have heard so many ministers say, "those are social issues with which the gospel has no real concern.", and I have watched so many churches commit themselves to a completely other-worldly religion which made a strange distinction between body and soul, the sacred and the secular.

So here we are moving toward the exit of the twentieth century with a religious community largely adjusted to the status quo, standing as a tail-light behind other community agencies rather than a headlight leading men to higher levels of justice."

Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Letter From The Birmingham Jail"
April 16, 1963

Β 

Letter From a Birmingham Jail, April 1963

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Β 

Β 

Its factual that MLK was pivoting to ECONOMIC equality when he was assassinated.

Β 

The ironic part is how in todaysΒ  world the ones promoting economic equality seem to be on the top of that ladder, or at least above the median.

Β 

So in that equality formula. the ones above median would have to adjust to less. why not just voluntarily do it vs preaching about it?Β Β 

Β 

Most of the Very liberal areas (cities) tend to have the largest income inequality.Β 

Β 

https://www.usnews.com/news/cities/articles/2020-09-21/us-cities-with-the-biggest-income-inequality-gaps

Β 

or even by state.Β Β https://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gini-index.asp

Β 

https://www.zippia.com/advice/states-with-highest-income-inequality/

Β 

And before the word capitalism comes flying. the places with the highest gap, are heavily regulated.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

21 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Just imagine what he would say now seeing his words and vision twisted for state control and promotion of a narrative that one is not responsible for their individual actions/choices.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

And man, who though that statue in Boston was anything but a horrible Idea.

Β 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/outrage-and-mockery-erupt-over-obscene-dollar10m-mlk-statue-erected-in-boston/ar-AA16peBG

State control of what?Β 

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Good place to remind you the Deep Stats is real and it’s likely been compromised by China but let’s all argue about tax cutsΒ 

Β 

Β 

No, they don't. Black people now have a say in the government so the FBI can't be packed with racists like it once wasΒ 

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Its factual that MLK was pivoting to ECONOMIC equality when he was assassinated.

Β 

The ironic part is how in todaysΒ  world the ones promoting economic equality seem to be on the top of that ladder, or at least above the median.

Β 

So in that equality formula. the ones above median would have to adjust to less. why not just voluntarily do it vs preaching about it?Β Β 

Β 

Most of the Very liberal areas (cities) tend to have the largest income inequality.Β 

Β 

https://www.usnews.com/news/cities/articles/2020-09-21/us-cities-with-the-biggest-income-inequality-gaps

Β 

or even by state.Β Β https://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gini-index.asp

Β 

https://www.zippia.com/advice/states-with-highest-income-inequality/

Β 

And before the word capitalism comes flying. the places with the highest gap, are heavily regulated.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Large cities of course would have the largest gap, its where the rich people live, duh.Β 

Β 

You think that's some sort of deep thought? WowΒ 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Black people now have a say in the government so the FBI can't be packed with racists like it once wasΒ 

Well - that’s why cult wants to go back to the β€˜good ole days’ and Make American GREAT Again…

Β 

Β 

• Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, they don't. Black people now have a say in the government so the FBI can't be packed with racists like it once wasΒ 

The FBI has simply redirected their same old tactics and play book to a different target audience.Β  Instead of racists they employ progressives.Β  Same type of bigots. Β 

• Agree 1

• 11 months later...

MLK was a great man & i being white am glad he fought for what he believed in by doing it the right way & that was probably 1 big reason why he was killed Β . Those that killed him & those that agree'd with him being killed knew they couldn't stop his good message from spreading so they thought if they killed him it would stop it from spreading .

Β 

Little did those jack asses know it only proved the things he was saying needed to be said .Β 

Β 

His message & his movement has done so much for all minorities every where but then there are those that are still thinking they deserve more but in the line of free bees & still to this day don't or won't take advantage of changes for the better & are only to lazy & sit back waiting/wanting more hand outs .

Β 

MLK was a great man with his dream because he went out and worked for everything he had & seems to be a man that didn't want too be given anything only to get what was deserved as a human being in this country .

Β 

Some still think due in part to laziness that they are owed something for the past & despite the changes won't get off their ass and get it, it's just easier for some to complain how bad they have it instead of going out & getting it or making things better for them selves they wait for the hand outs because they have been so deprived .

Β 

The thing of it is racism is something taught by those that want to keep it going . If you watch a bunch of young kids say 3 yrs old and under they play together & the color of their skin means nothing until a older person puts certain perceptions into their little heads so those keeping racism in the fore front should be more focused on MLK's thoughts and actions than pushing his dream in a different direction .

Β 

Thank you MLK for all you gave us while you were here on this day your birthday i will celebrate you and your dream & hope it moves forward the way you intended it to be .Β 

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 363763_image.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

That''s about right .

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Hey look - anotherΒ cult go to - can youΒ say fn racist POS?

Β 

Every time @BillsFanNC, @Tommy CallahanΒ and @B-ManΒ post crap from this pig - call them out for racistsΒ and white supremacists that they truly are.Β 

Β 

Β 

So you now disagree with tearing down the statues and lives of our forefathers?Β 

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So you now disagree with tearing down the statues and lives of our forefathers?Β 

Are you defending racists?Β 

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Back to the thread.Β 
Β 

Β 

Racists says what?Β 

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Do you support tearing down the statues of our forefathers? No man is prefect they are flawed.Β 

You keep changing the subject.

Β 

Why are you defending racists?

Β 

Β 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

No, you never answered my question. Lol

You keep defending racists - you realize that’s right?

Β 

Confederates would be no fan of MLK.

Β 

Keep trying thoΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

You keep defending racists - you realize that’s right?

Β 

Confederates would be no fan of MLK.

Β 

Keep trying thoΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

how about Lincoln Jefferson Washington who’s next? This is what the left started. Any flaw and the statue comes down

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillStime said:

Hey look - the cults go to - can you say fn racist POS?

Β 

Every time @BillsFanNC, @Tommy CallahanΒ and @B-Manpost crap from this pig - call them out for the racists and white supremacists that they truly are.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

You are a piece of work !! Talk about being a racist POS ... A racial Marxist really ???

Β 

Hey do me a favor go up to a say 40 something yr old black man (If you have the balls) and tell them MLK was a racist POS to their face it's easy to be a key board warrior Β .Β 

Β 

Please take video's because i would LOVE to see the out come of that statement .Β πŸ˜‚

Edited by T master
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, T master said:

Β 

You are a piece of work !! Talk about being a racist POS ... A racial Marxist really ???

Β 

Hey do me a favor go up to a say 40 something yr old black man (If you have the balls) and tell them MLK was a racist POS to their face it's easy to be a key board warrior Β .Β 

Β 

Please take video's because i would LOVE to see the out come of that statement .Β πŸ˜‚

Β 

Did I hit a nerve?Β  End Wokeness and Charlie Kirk are racists and cult favorites here.

Β 

Enough of the BS - if you support these racists - you are indeed, a racist.

Β 

Β 

MLK. great american with a great message.

Β 

Current DEMS destroying his message and going back in time to promote race and sex-based hiring and promotion policies.

Β 

Β 

45 minutes ago, T master said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

LMAO.Β 

Β 

First off, you know that pathetic **** doesn't leave the house.

Β 

Second. You know damn strait if it does, its not leaving its little non diverse enclave.Β Β 

Β 

But you nailed it about him being a complete keyboard commando.

Β 

money says he wouldn't say 90 percent of the BS he posts here, to an actual person.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Agree 1