Seahawks @ 49ers Playoff game thread

Simon

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

Penalty yards Seattle - 30 : SF -28

The Seahawks had a grand total of 2 more penalty yards than the 49ers.

This ref stuff is utter nonsense

I only watched the last 3 drives.  I guess they all happened then

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The refs stayed out of the way and were refreshingly irrelevant

I hope it continues for another several weeks

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

You’re not wrong but man a rook 7th round pick. 

If you're a 49ers fan, it's sure nice to know your coach can get it done with pretty much anyone. Similar to the Harbaugh and the Ravens, it feels like they could always be a contender as long as they're relatively healthy.

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's McCaffrey.  His versatility - he's both an elite RB and receiver - may be playing the biggest role here.

I agree-this is the first time I got to watch Purdy and he did not impress me at all. If the guy wasn’t wide open (which to be fair guys were wide open a lot) I definitely saw a rookie who panics. Can move some with his feet but throws a lazy ball 

55 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

If you're a 49ers fan, it's sure nice to know your coach can get it done with pretty much anyone. Similar to the Harbaugh and the Ravens, it feels like they could always be a contender as long as they're relatively healthy.

I do agree but the kid has looked good. He’s not just handing it off and relying on the D. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

hes huge.  But Purdy is simply playing lights out

Purdy is playing very well.  But if you look at how the 49's O is destructed and where their skill player talent lined up McCaffrey was the PERFECT addition.  Makes me wonder how big of a lift CMAC would have given the Bills O. My guess is it would have been huge as teams tried to spy both Allen & CMAC.

12 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I do agree but the kid has looked good. He’s not just handing it off and relying on the D. 

His WRs are schemed wide open in this system. That 75 yard TD to Samuel was college wide open and like 70 yards of RAC.

The toughest defense he's played so far is Washington

29 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Purdy is playing very well.  But if you look at how the 49's O is destructed and where their skill player talent lined up McCaffrey was the PERFECT addition.  Makes me wonder how big of a lift CMAC would have given the Bills O. My guess is it would have been huge as teams tried to spy both Allen & CMAC.

Everyone can acknowledge CMC is a massive addition. But put Geno on the 49ers and he’s still a bum

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Yeah, the refs stayed out of it completely in the 1st half.  Then, I personally thought that they called a sequence of penalties for ticky-tack ineligible downfield (by maybe 2-ish yards) and a hold against Seattle - stuff they’d previously been ignoring - and it took the wind out of Seattle 

It’s like just now in the Jags Bolts game.  Zebras just called a huge Offside on Bosa that negated a huge sack on 3rd down.  Seemed very ticky-tack and they’ve been ignoring stuff all game.  OK, if you wanna ignore stuff, ignore stuff, just be consistent.  I’m sure overall the penalty yards will be consistent and we can say “they’re consistent, it’s not a problem”

But I do agree with the opinion that the refs weren’t by any means the reason the Seahawks lost like that.  Stuff is going to happen and you gotta be able to keep trucking, just as the (tying threads together) Bolts do if they don’t wanna be Boltsy

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.