Go Bills! It's a thing....

Freddie's Dead

Just got back from Salt Lake City, of all places, and also a trip to Vegas at Thanksgiving.  It always amazes me how many people see my Bills hat and say "Go Bills!"  On the strip, at the airport, the shooting range, Walmart, Bills Mafia is everywhere.  Feel free to share your "Go Bills!" experiences in far-flung places.  Go Bills!  It's a thing....

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7

The Bills are easily the "it" team for neutral fans to root for right now. People love Allen, they love the stories about the Bills Mafia, we have the "tortured" thing that fans always root for (like the Cubs had), and of course the Hamlin story.

If we win a Lombardi, that will change fast.  But I'd embrace becoming a national villain, as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Just got back from Salt Lake City, of all places, and also a trip to Vegas at Thanksgiving.  It always amazes me how many people see my Bills hat and say "Go Bills!"  On the strip, at the airport, the shooting range, Walmart, Bills Mafia is everywhere.  Feel free to share your "Go Bills!" experiences in far-flung places.  Go Bills!  It's a thing....

On the road a lot.  Everywhere I go when I am wearing a Bills hat, shirt, sweatshirt or even the Firebaugh Eagles sweatshirt I get a ton of Go Bills!  Like Chicken Wings, the Bills were born in Buffalo but loved around the world. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, krf139 said:

Come on dude. Everyone is thrilled Hamlin is ok but there are clearly lots of people now claiming to be Bills fans. When the win the Super Bowl this year, that number will only increase 

I personally wouldn't classify people who found that event inspirational and are wishing the best for our team this year as "bandwagon fans".  I also know others who prior to what happened with Hamlin had read stories about Bills Mafia charitable efforts and began to pull for the team for that reason (even if not NFL fans in general, or fans of other teams as well).  There's a lot that I've experienced in that regard in the past several years.

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’ve noticed the silent Josh Allen thumbs up between fans passing each other is also a thing. 

The silent "go ***** yourself" to Miami and New England fans is a thing, too

Nothing beats the audible chuckle seeing a jets fan, though 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Every year, fans of teams who did not make the playoffs adopt teams that did.  The Bills are a likeable team.  Every year since the Bills became a perennial playoff team, I've had fans of other teams quickly stop me and say, "my Jets are out of it, so I hope the Bills go all the way."  I've heard that sentiment from multiple other teams' fans over the past few years.

A lot of it was people being sick of the Patriots dynasty.

But as the Bills have become more of a national game mainstay, more and more people are liking them, even if they're not fans, per se.

A lot of it is Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs.

This was happening way before the Hamlin incident.

The Bills are becoming America's team.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I’m a simple man. I see bills gear, I yell go bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was in Disney World two years ago and someone saw my Bills hat when I was waiting  inline at the hot dog store on main street.

He said “Go Bills!”

I responded: “Hey ey ey ey”

And then a chorus of people (probably his family?) responded: “Hey ey ey ey”

He was probably 20 feet away so it was pretty funny watching the reactions of those inbetween us that didn’t know what was going on.

It was surreal. Wish I had it on film.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Every year, fans of teams who did not make the playoffs adopt teams that did.  The Bills are a likeable team.  Every year since the Bills became a perennial playoff team, I've had fans of other teams quickly stop me and say, "my Jets are out of it, so I hope the Bills go all the way."  I've heard that sentiment from multiple other teams' fans over the past few years.

A lot of it was people being sick of the Patriots dynasty.

But as the Bills have become more of a national game mainstay, more and more people are liking them, even if they're not fans, per se.

A lot of it is Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs.

This was happening way before the Hamlin incident.

The Bills are becoming America's team.

This will change if we win lol. I promise.

Mahomes was likeable dethroning the Patriots. The second they won, everyone hated them.

I don’t care, but the greater world of sports and media loves to build up folks and tear them down. You will see random NFL fans hate Josh for begging for calls etc lol

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Come on dude. Everyone is thrilled Hamlin is ok but there are clearly lots of people now claiming to be Bills fans. When the win the Super Bowl this year, that number will only increase 

I travel throughout the world - there were a ton of "go Bills" way before 3.  Not as much in Europe, but certainly everywhere in the states

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

This will change if we win lol. I promise.

Mahomes was likeable dethroning the Patriots. The second they won, everyone hated them.

I don’t care, but the greater world of sports and media loves to build up folks and tear them down. You will see random NFL fans hate Josh for begging for calls etc lol

I do agree with you to an extent.

I think some of the Mahomes hate is because he's in so many commercials.  Mahomes overload.  His idiot, punk brother certainly didn't help him, either.

I also think the Chiefs are a pretty scummy organization and that hurts them.

The Bills aren't scummy.  Josh isn't in everyone's face at every commercial break during football season.  And they've never won a Super Bowl.

But yeah ... there will be some haters if the Bills win it this year, for sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I do agree with you to an extent.

I think some of the Mahomes hate is because he's in so many commercials.  Mahomes overload.  His idiot, punk brother certainly didn't help him, either.

I also think the Chiefs are a pretty scummy organization and that hurts them.

The Bills aren't scummy.  Josh isn't in everyone's face at every commercial break during football season.  And they've never won a Super Bowl.

But yeah ... there will be some haters if the Bills win it this year, for sure.

If winning a Superbowl creates some jealous envy, I could learn to live with it in < a second

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.