Dawson Knox: Refs made up 15 yard snowball penalty ❄️

Buffalo Dude

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There isn’t going to be a penalty

Snowballs have been thrown at bills games for 50 years… Especially when they don’t remove the snow

They don’t want snowballs remove snow from the aisles

How well I know. I was at the game in 1975 when Chuck Forman got hit in the eye and they took him out of the game. Even as a 16 year old kid, I didn’t think it was cool.  Just because dumb stuff has been done for 50 years doesn’t make it ok to continue. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Snowballs have been thrown at bills games for 50 years… Especially when they don’t remove the snow

They don’t want snowballs remove snow from the aisles

I thought I saw them shoveling the aisles

But, they didn't clear the seats.

Fans got to clear their own seat, they get to figure out how.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

How well I know. I was at the game in 1975 when Chuck Forman got hit in the eye and they took him out of the game. Even as a 16 year old kid, I didn’t think it was cool.  Just because dumb stuff has been done for 50 years doesn’t make it ok to continue. 

Again I’ve never once in this thread said it’s cool to throw snowballs at players

the Internet age and The positivity of bills mafia has skewed a lot of what the Buffalo fan base is 

Generations of rowdy , Passionate, Drunk, And loud fan… That doesn’t get bred out quickly or easily 

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I thought I saw them shoveling the aisles

But, they didn't clear the seats.

Fans got to clear their own seat, they get to figure out how.

I meant seats not aisles 

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Again I’ve never once in this thread said it’s cool to throw snowballs at players

I agree.

On the other hand, I also don't think it's OK to have one team baking its brains and risking heat stroke without shade on the sidelines while the opponent is 30 degrees cooler. 

So if a team thinks the one is unsportsmanlike, while the other is "business as usual" I'm like...."Oh well"

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Publicizing this was not a wise decision, no upside for the Bills,

This is likely going to be brought up at a future Owners meeting.  Refs should be able to call a penalty so it doesn't end up like a Cleveland/Cinci fiasco years ago.  Players/refs/innocent bystanders can get hurt.

Individuals throwing snowballs can be asked to leave, if deemed it’s unsafe activity .

The team cannot be penalized which was what the refs threatened. 

Because who’s to say who threw the snowball: a fins fan or Bills fan?

Edited by Buffalo Dude
  • Agree 2

Just now, Beck Water said:

I agree.

On the other hand, I also don't think it's OK to have one team baking its brains and risking heat stroke without shade on the sidelines while the opponent is 30 degrees cooler. 

So if a team thinks the one is unsportsmanlike, while the other is "business as usual" I'm like...."Oh well"

The latter is not even a question 

that infuriates me knowing how many football players die from heat stroke over the last 20 years 

and they casually turn it into an advantage 

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I agree.

I was always told two wrongs don't make a right.

53 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The rule which no longer exists… states 

The home team… When the opposing team has the ball… Cannot artificially inflate crowd noise… Cannot put messages on the Jumbotron to make

You are so wrong, I don’t know where to start. Crowd itself was a penalty for 1989 and rescinded. Artificial noise is still a valid penalty. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

There is a reason eskimos have so many words for snow. It comes in many different flavors. The snow that won’t pack is harmless. Then there is the other end of the spectrum, and that stuff can do serious damage!  

whether players, other sideline personnel or just fans towards the field- lots of potential to go south for totally innocent folks on the receiving end 

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They don’t want snowballs remove snow from the seats

This guy right here is just asking for more games to be moved if snow can’t be cleared in time

instead, id prefer fans just simmer down 

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

You are so wrong, I don’t know where to start. Crowd itself was a penalty for 1989 and rescinded. Artificial noise is still a valid penalty. 

1989 Was the only year real crowd noise could be a penalty if I recall.. They amended it instantly after didn’t they?

100 years of football and one year of the rule… Which got modified to what I said and you didn’t quote… Stuff like messages on the Jumbotron to pump up the crowd and speakers on field and artificial noise and such… but even parts of that was again dropped and modified in like 07

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

This guy right here is just asking for more games to be moved if snow can’t be cleared in time

instead, id prefer fans just simmer down 

Two games have been moved in 60 years because weather 

And the fans have been throwing snowballs for 60 years

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Steve Tasker vividly remember bills fans pelting Mike Ditka in the face with snowballs in 91 

again not once am I saying I am pro for it … I’m just saying it has happened

I bet you can think of a lot of poor behavior that was celebrated then and is held accountable now 

• Like (+1) 1

I do remember a snowball ambush when I lived in Steelton, Blasdell neighborhood (Route 20A, west of South Park) where a kid was ambushed by multiple snowball throwers with a planned (non-spontaneous) attack.  The kid being hit had glasses broken and nose broken.   Cops were called and parent was asked if they wanted to prosecute and parent said that if expenses were covered then a warning would suffice but if an attack occurred again, even without injury, did not want statue of limitation to invalidate case.  There was an agreement in court for the kids and something else from non-kid (one of the throwers was 18).  No more snow ball fights involving victim but he had bike tires slashed twice with one of throwers seen near by bike each time but no police involved.

There have been much more serious injuries reported including spleen!

Appropriate for WNY:

https://www.wnyinjurylawyers.com/snowball-fight-injury/

Snowball fights are often thought of as innocent fun, however the combination of snow and ice can cause serious injuries. If you have been injured in a snowball fight, .......

Beijing Winter Olympics had some Yukigassen (or snowball fighting) but not sure if that was just a demonstration or one time sport appearance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.