Thoughts On the New 2022 Pro Bowl .

T master

56 minutes ago, MJS said:

There are people really against the pro bowl. I'm not sure why anyone cares that much. I don't really watch it unless there are some Bills players I want to see. It was fun seeing the Diggs brothers go at it.

The skills challenges the week of the pro bowl are fun to watch.

Mostly it is just a vacation for the players. If you don't want to watch, don't watch. There's no reason to be lobbying for it to be canceled, though.

The day a Bills player goes down with an ACL I bet you’ll be pretty upset they play this meaningless game.

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Either way, Josh won't be there because he'll be preparing for a SB victory!

Could care less anyway. Mac Jones made it last year🤣

Maybe he was voted to Probowl due to contract incentive and someone wanted Beli-CHEAT to be one with hot foot this time.

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

The game was never important.  It was all about getting the honor of being selected.

The NFL ruined that too, when they allowed the fans to make the selections and it became an uneducated popularity contest.

The bots I use for voting are VERY educated,  The AI I developed nicknamed "hanging chad" has been stuffing ballots for Tua since before ballot box opened.

7 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

I know baseball tried to do something with the all-star game where the winning league would be the home team for the World Series, but I don't recall anything where the pro bowl winner determined where a Super Bowl would be played. Those sites are determined years in advance.

While not technically in the Pro Bowl game, there a very promising Patriots rookie RB, Robert Edwards, who badly damaged his knee in a rookie flag football game on sand during Pro Bowl week in the late 90s and never played again. Damaged to the point where he almost lost his leg below the knee.

Yes!  I was trying to think who was the NFL player that tore up his knee in a flag football game and ruined his career.  I was then going to post that very fact.  You did it for me.  Thank you!

The only value I can think of for the Pro Bowl at this point is that it's an excuse to gather and have fun.  I have friends who are big NFL fans and were in Vegas for the Pro Bowl.  They had a great time being about town Pro Bowl weekend, they met Bruce Smith and Andre Reed (separately), and they sent me a bunch of photos.  They aren't even Bills fans, but like and respect those guys and wanted to get some photos to send back to me, who they know is a huge Bills fan.  They partied for a couple of days, attended some Pro Bowl-related events and had an overall good time.  I'm honestly not sure if they even attended the game itself, or if there even was a game....Maybe just punt, pass, and run (or it run, pass, and kick?) event - like what they used to do for kids or like what the NHL calls a "skills competition."

Edited by msw2112

7 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

I know baseball tried to do something with the all-star game where the winning league would be the home team for the World Series, but I don't recall anything where the pro bowl winner determined where a Super Bowl would be played. Those sites are determined years in advance.

While not technically in the Pro Bowl game, there a very promising Patriots rookie RB, Robert Edwards, who badly damaged his knee in a rookie flag football game on sand during Pro Bowl week in the late 90s and never played again. Damaged to the point where he almost lost his leg below the knee.

Liked this not because of the outcome, but because you remembered it. What happened to Edwards was awful - even though it could have been much worse.

WRT the Pro Bowl - I'm torn between anything they do has to be better than the the fake game and I probably won't watch anyway.

I hate all of it. The Pro Bowl is a joke on the game of football.  It's all marketing and hype and posturing for big contracts, which is what ruined the game to begin with. While I respect and admire the physical gifting of these athletes, the way the pro bowl game is played makes it unwatchable. It's only appropriate they'd go to a flag game.  I haven't watched in 15+ years and won't start now. 

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.