Musk’s follies

BillStime

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  Oh, the hypocrisy!

Sorry, fool me once with the "fact checkers" and "believe me when I tell you this" on the internet...

Here’s a fun idea for you to try once in your life:  respond to what someone has actually said instead of what you imagine they believe.

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Here’s a fun idea for you to try once in your life:  respond to what someone has actually said instead of what you imagine they believe.

The idea that this guy examined the entirety of Twitter/X before Musk took over and found it to be more filled with disinformation is ridiculous on the face of it.  As with anything on the internet, go with a source you trust but even then have a degree of skepticism.  It's not a hard concept.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

The idea that this guy examined the entirety of Twitter/X before Musk took over and found it to be more filled with disinformation is ridiculous on the face of it.  As with anything on the internet, go with a source you trust but even then have a degree of skepticism.  It's not a hard concept.

Classic Strawman. 

Where does it say he has examined all of Twitter? You made up that claim simply to dismiss it. 

His specific claim, is that as an OSINT professional, he has never had a harder time verifying facts on the ground via Twitter. 

And to any rational person, the idea that eliminating verification and allowing bad faith users to boost their posts through money makes it hard to find accurate information seem… well, obvious. 

Edited by ChiGoose

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Classic Strawman. 

Where does it say he has examined all of Twitter? You made up that claim simply to dismiss it. 

His specific claim, is that as an OSINT professional, he has never had a harder time verifying facts on the ground via Twitter. 

And to any rational person, the idea that eliminating verification and allowing bad faith users to boost their posts through money makes it hard to find accurate information seem… well, obvious. 

The OSINT professional hasn’t even finished his bachelors degree. Doesn’t mean he’s not an expert but I have had the advantage of working with people in his age group. Brilliant individuals that don’t know sh*t. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Classic Strawman. 

And you posted it because it trashes Musk/Twitter/X.  Which despite the fact that it has always been a place that anyone can use to make whatever claim they want, is still the pre-eminent breaking news source in the World.

There was tons of disinformation prior to Musk taking over.  It just benefitted your side so you didn't give a *****.  

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

And you posted it because it trashes Musk/Twitter/X.  Which despite the fact that it has always been a place that anyone can use to make whatever claim they want, is still the pre-eminent breaking news source in the World.

There was tons of disinformation prior to Musk taking over.  It just benefitted your side so you didn't give a *****.  

I think it’s telling that you seem incapable of not projecting your own assumptions on me. Are your arguments so weak you have to pretend I said things I never said or believe things I do not believe? Do you need that crutch so badly?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

the MSM said musk bad. so they hate musk.

everything else is just them trying to rationalize or parrot why.

18 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I think it’s telling that you seem incapable of not projecting your own assumptions on me. Are your arguments so weak you have to pretend I said things I never said or believe things I do not believe? Do you need that crutch so badly?

They're not assumptions.  You've revealed yourself over the years.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

They're not assumptions.  You've revealed yourself over the years.  

Nah, they are assumptions. Because they are wrong. But they fit your narrative so you need to place your feelings over the facts. Your arguments are weak as hell and so you need to make up a fake position to argue against. 

• Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Nah, they are assumptions. Because they are wrong. But they fit your narrative so you need to place your feelings over the facts. Your arguments are weak as hell and so you need to make up a fake position to argue against. 

You Dems are all about feelings over facts.  You've made social issues your entire focus but end up making things worse because your puppet masters tell you what to think, even if it makes you hypocrites, lead you down the wrong path and then there needs to be major course corrections.  We've seen it with #metoo, BLM, "defund the police" and giving criminals more rights and sanctuary cities/illegal immigration.  This Palestinian conflict is the perfect example of how they get you to side with people you'd never support here in America, yet since they've told you that the "far" right government of Israel is bad, you do it.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

You Dems are all about feelings over facts.  You've made social issues your entire focus but end up making things worse because your puppet masters tell you what to think, even if it makes you hypocrites, lead you down the wrong path and then there needs to be major course corrections.  We've seen it with #metoo, BLM, "defund the police" and giving criminals more rights and sanctuary cities/illegal immigration.  This Palestinian conflict is the perfect example of how they get you to side with people you'd never support here in America, yet since they've told you that the "far" right government of Israel is bad, you do it.

You’re doing it again. You’re assuming what I believe based on your own projections. 

Why do you keep doing this? Is it really that hard to engage actual words and arguments that you need to rely on just making stuff up about anyone you have any disagreement with?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I have no idea what Musk actually posted/retweeted, so I have no idea whether his companies ought to suffer any consequences.

Was it so offensive that no one dares to repeat it?

"The ADL unjustly attacks the majority of the West, despite the majority of the West supporting the Jewish people and Israel. This is because they cannot, by their own tenets, criticize the minority groups who are their primary threat. It is not right and needs to stop"

That is the post that has everyone upset. It is clearly against the ADL, not Jews, and it is correct. If you don't think the Jewish peoples number one threat is Hamas then you are too stupid for this conversation 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

"The ADL unjustly attacks the majority of the West, despite the majority of the West supporting the Jewish people and Israel. This is because they cannot, by their own tenets, criticize the minority groups who are their primary threat. It is not right and needs to stop"

That is the post that has everyone upset. It is clearly against the ADL, not Jews, and it is correct. If you don't think the Jewish peoples number one threat is Hamas then you are too stupid for this conversation 

Innocuous enough by itself. 

There were other comments associated by that poster that were more provocative (offensive? eye of the beholder) that come pretty close to the whole great replacement thing. Musk seems to be all over the place, retweeting things without digging deeper, so I will give him a pass on this one, assuming that he didn't do a deeper dig on what this particular poster had also said.

11 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Innocuous enough by itself. 

There were other comments associated by that poster that were more provocative (offensive? eye of the beholder) that come pretty close to the whole great replacement thing. Musk seems to be all over the place, retweeting things without digging deeper, so I will give him a pass on this one, assuming that he didn't do a deeper dig on what this particular poster had also said.

I think we agree on this, the "quotes" are intentionally 3 words long because the whole thing is not nearly as bad as what they want you to believe they are. Musk should likely pay more attention to who he is quoting but sometimes we make mistakes. This is actually similar to a friend of mine who was accused of being a white supremacist by the Orlando Sentinel for retweeting a white supremacist, which was a stupid accusation because my friend is the descendant of slaves. 

10 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Is that moron still alive?  I thought for sure he'd have had a fatal stroke by now.

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

What do you expect from a party/people who support a group of people who hate women, LGBTQ+ and Jews (and in some cases, ironically, Muslims)...just as long as they're in another country. :rolleyes:

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 2