Musk’s follies

BillStime

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Twitter revenue, earnings reportedly fell 40% shortly after Musk buyout

Twitter's revenue and adjusted earnings reportedly fell about 40 percent year over year in December 2022 amid an advertiser exodus following Elon Musk's takeover.

Twitter ad revenue to plummet 28% in 2023: forecast

Twitter's income from advertising will fall by 28 percent in 2023, a closely watched forecast said Tuesday, as the platform struggles under the ownership of Elon Musk.

Analysts at Insider Intelligence said they were slashing an earlier worldwide revenue estimate of $4.74 billion by more than a third to $2.98 billion as trust in the platform deteriorates.

It will rebound as butthurt libs realize Twitter is still the news platform out there and nothing else comes close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Twitter revenue, earnings reportedly fell 40% shortly after Musk buyout

Twitter's revenue and adjusted earnings reportedly fell about 40 percent year over year in December 2022 amid an advertiser exodus following Elon Musk's takeover.

Twitter ad revenue to plummet 28% in 2023: forecast

Twitter's income from advertising will fall by 28 percent in 2023, a closely watched forecast said Tuesday, as the platform struggles under the ownership of Elon Musk.

Analysts at Insider Intelligence said they were slashing an earlier worldwide revenue estimate of $4.74 billion by more than a third to $2.98 billion as trust in the platform deteriorates.

Twitter no longer reports earnings publicly since Musk bought the company and took it private in late October. But Twitter reported the December 2022 revenue and earnings declines in an update to investors, according to "people familiar with the matter" cited in a Wall Street Journal report on Friday.

More unnamed sources to a story without facts to support it.  IE, blue anon

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/insider-media-bias

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

It will rebound as butthurt libs realize Twitter is still the news platform out there and nothing else comes close.

Doubtful. Given the lack of actual verification, it’s usefulness as a source of news will decrease as the number of imposter accounts rise. 

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

Twitter no longer reports earnings publicly since Musk bought the company and took it private in late October. But Twitter reported the December 2022 revenue and earnings declines in an update to investors, according to "people familiar with the matter" cited in a Wall Street Journal report on Friday.

More unnamed sources to a story without facts to support it.  IE, blue anon

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/insider-media-bias

Got it. So unless there is news that supports what we want to be true, we can just dismiss anything that counters our position as biased and re-assert our own position without any support.

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Doubtful. Given the lack of actual verification, it’s usefulness as a source of news will decrease as the number of imposter accounts rise. 

Got it. So unless there is news that supports what we want to be true, we can just dismiss anything that counters our position as biased and re-assert our own position without any support.

Naming any person " familiar with the matter" would add a little bit of credibility to the story, no?

22 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Naming any person " familiar with the matter" would add a little bit of credibility to the story, no?

Absolutely. But anonymous sources or people familiar with the matter quoted in an outlet like WSJ sure the hell beats “Nuh uh!” 

54 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Again there's nothing even remotely close.  And the imposter account issue will be figured-out.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again there's nothing even remotely close.  And the imposter account issue will be figured-out.

If the reason we have so many new imposter accounts is because Twitter did away with the verification system that actually verified people, why are you confident they will fix the problem they just intentionally created?

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

If the reason we have so many new imposter accounts is because Twitter did away with the verification system that actually verified people, why are you confident they will fix the problem they just intentionally created?

It's not the first time Musk has been doubted and/or hit a snafu.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's not the first time Musk has been doubted and/or hit a snafu.

I understand that. What I don’t understand is why we would be confident that Twitter will fix a problem it intentionally created. 

10 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I understand that. What I don’t understand is why we would be confident that Twitter will fix a problem it intentionally created. 

They can/will just go back to the old system.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

So unless it's reputable and sourced, no.  It's nothing but a story.  

Old Twitter censoring a story from the NY Post and locking their account in a brazen act of election interference?

Commies: No problem.

Musk's Twitter removing elites exclusive blue checks?

Commies: Huge problem.

Edited by BillsFanNC

2 hours ago, Doc said:

They can/will just go back to the old system.

Destroy the old system, predictably causing a rise of fraudulent accounts and fix it by restoring the old system. 

Truly, a genius move. We mere mortals simply cannot comprehend it. 

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Destroy the old system, predictably causing a rise of fraudulent accounts and fix it by restoring the old system. 

Truly, a genius move. We mere mortals simply cannot comprehend it. 

Yeah, he dumb. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, he dumb. :lol:

I didn’t say he’s dumb. I said that the move to end verification on Twitter is dumb. It’s possible for smart people to dumb things. Like Elon buying Twitter to set a new world record for most money lost by a single individual. 

14 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I didn’t say he’s dumb. I said that the move to end verification on Twitter is dumb. It’s possible for smart people to dumb things. Like Elon buying Twitter to set a new world record for most money lost by a single individual. 

He didn't end verification: he tried to get people to pay for it and people revolted.  There's a difference.  The fix is easy.  Unlike what, say, AB InBev has done to their BL brand.  Now that was dumb.

As for losing the most money, LOL!  Who GAF?  He's still close to the richest man in the world.  After a billion, it's all funny money anyway that he'll never be able to spend.

Edited by Doc

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

He didn't end verification: he tried to get people to pay for it and people revolted.  There's a difference.  The fix is easy.  Unlike what, say, AB InBev has done to their BL brand.  Now that was dumb.

As for losing the most money, LOL!  Who GAF?  He's still close to the richest man in the world.  After a billion, it's all funny money anyway that he'll never be able to spend.

image.jpeg.7121a7c1f9ce8a9d9c1b4785bdc4ab62.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

image.jpeg.7121a7c1f9ce8a9d9c1b4785bdc4ab62.jpeg

That's funny.  I think that laughing at a guy going from $300B to $150B is "weird nerd" territory.

As for the "valid criticism," I said he was trying to make extra revenue and obviously it didn't work.  So he'll go back to the old model.    

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's funny.  I think that laughing at a guy going from $300B to $150B is "weird nerd" territory.

As for the "valid criticism," I said he was trying to make extra revenue and obviously it didn't work.  So he'll go back to the old model.    

It was obviously not going to work. That’s why it was widely criticized. But it also showed that Elon fundamentally does not understand the real issues with verification. 

4 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Old Twitter censoring a story from the NY Post and locking their account in a brazen act of election interference?

Commies: No problem.

Musk's Twitter removing elites exclusive blue checks?

Commies: Huge problem.

👆🤡

F'n idiots

Twitter CEO seems to be a career advancement addict, so who knows what her beliefs actually are.

She has quite a bit of stuff alarming to both sides of the political aisle. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure I understand. You call it a failure when literally hundreds of thousands of citizens want to hear from someone running for president? Okie Dokie 

It's pretty damn funny. Try speed "watching" (err, listening ... he hasn't figured out streaming video yet) the first 20 minutes ...

... you can imagine Ronnie's campaign staff freaking out. I flipped on Fox News and they threw him on there right away for damage control, with some weird cone-headed Tucker replacement.

Understanding that Elon's worst year is still way better than my best year, you still gotta admit: Elon is having a rough year. The rocket blowing up ("it's a success! we learned something important!!"), the call-your-bluff forced purchase of Twitter, the Meatball RonFail ...

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's pretty damn funny. Try speed "watching" (err, listening ... he hasn't figured out streaming video yet) the first 20 minutes ...

... you can imagine Ronnie's campaign staff freaking out. I flipped on Fox News and they threw him on there right away for damage control, with some weird cone-headed Tucker replacement.

Understanding that Elon's worst year is still way better than my best year, you still gotta admit: Elon is having a rough year. The rocket blowing up ("it's a success! we learned something important!!"), the call-your-bluff forced purchase of Twitter, the Meatball RonFail ...

Frank….So your problem is with how MANY not how FEW people wanted to hear from him? Once again….Okie Dokie. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Frank….So your problem is with how MANY not how FEW people wanted to hear from him? Once again….Okie Dokie. 

I have no "problem" with any of it. A fail is a fail. You can't admit that's what it was? What, Musk was expecting under the free Zoom limit of 100 participants and wasn't willing to pay for the Zoom Plus? That's a rookie mistake I made way back in March 2020 ... You kinda expect a campaign that's been preparing a launch for months and the World's Leading Tech Figure to do better, no?

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I have no "problem" with any of it. A fail is a fail. You can't admit that's what it was? What, Musk was expecting under the free Zoom limit of 100 participants and wasn't willing to pay for the Zoom Plus? That's a rookie mistake I made way back in March 2020 ... You kinda expect a campaign that's been preparing a launch for months and the World's Leading Tech Figure to do better, no?

They definitely should have done better, and I’m guessing they will going forward. Whether you know it or not you’re coming across as scared to death that they will. Just saying. 

35 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

DeSantis planned rollout was always Twitter Spaces, followed by an 8 pm Fox News appearance.  

This has been known since yesterday. 

Also, be honest… what really is your beef with Elon?  Is it just that he operates a free speech platform that has damaged the liberal propaganda machine? 

If not.. why would you not support free speech, free exchange of ideas and a platform with the intent to destroy the corporate press (both left and right leaning)?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

None. Don't you get it? PEOPLE ARE LAUGHING. They aren't angry.

You are literally the crying face behind the laughing mask meme. 

Edited by SCBills