Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I know what my reaction to that drop was in the stadium.  It was not good.  

The Brown play I could live with.  It was contested.  Knox I can kind of live with late in the game because he had CJ Moseley bearing down on him and interfering with his line of sight.  The McKenzie drops, however, are too much.  Enough is enough.  We are desperate for a receiver who can act as an extension of the running game and help us get the occasional third and short.  If Bease's return happens, it's an excellent move.  

I don't care anymore about his burst. He's always found a knack for sitting down in zones and getting open. He catches the ball and helps Josh move the chains. I don't care about YAC.  But I do insist on a player capable of catching the ball.  Remember Josh's first INT in LA.  That was a dry ball dropped by McKenzie. I think having Smoke & Beas together again in the WR room would be pretty cool.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You mean this tweet didn’t instill confidence in the staff that he’s a number 3 option in this offense?

If there were any reason for McDermott to ring up Beasley, this alone may be it. How would this be any different of a distraction than what Beasley did? McKenzie doesn't need to be worrying about what fans say, and I'm quite sure McDermott wasn't happy with this himself. For all those saying Beasley is washed up, how bad can he be at this point in the season?  Most of his criticism came in the latter part of last season where he battled injuries and for the most part played through them. Then for those saying how bad he was in Tampa, even Brady himself is bad there.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

If there were any reason for McDermott to ring up Beasley, this alone may be it. How would this be any different of a distraction than what Beasley did? McKenzie doesn't need to be worrying about what fans say, and I'm quite sure McDermott wasn't happy with this himself. For all those saying Beasley is washed up, how bad can he be at this point in the season?  Most of his criticism came in the latter part of last season where he battled injuries and for the most part played through them. Then for those saying how bad he was in Tampa, even Brady himself is bad there.

Go watch the all-22 of the 2 Tampa games he played in. He was awful. He couldn’t complete routes. He had 2 slant passes go right past him, missed blocks. He made McK look like a superstar. He isn’t on another team for a reason. That was with Brady who thrives on short crap.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

Go watch the all-22 of the 2 Tampa games he played in. He was awful. He couldn’t complete routes. He had 2 slant passes go right past him, missed blocks. He made McK look like a superstar. He isn’t on another team for a reason. That was with Brady who thrives on short crap.  

Given what I've seen of Brady so far this year, thriving isn't exactly the word I'd use

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

Given what I've seen of Brady so far this year, thriving isn't exactly the word I'd use

It wasn’t Brady. Cole wasn’t able to run anymore. He was playing afraid to get hit and wasn’t running routes at all. Looked like a HS kid pulled out the stands. He isn’t playing anymore. 

3 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Hell yes. Have a seat Isaiah.

Yeah, on the bus heading out of town.

2 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

It's not vague. Ryan's own sources confirmed it to him. What are you looking for exactly? He's not going to tell you his sources.

Don’t bother. It’s a ‘abused spouse’ thing with Little Dummy & @Beck Water. Remaining loyal no matter how many black eyes lil D doles out..🤦‍♂️

As for Beas, if he meets with McBeane and passes a physical, ink hizazz to a Vet Min contract. It’s crunch time for this team, who’ve already squandered a couple chances at a ring. Allen needs help. Give him someone he can trust!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, Locomark said:

It wasn’t Brady. Cole wasn’t able to run anymore. He was playing afraid to get hit and wasn’t running routes at all. Looked like a HS kid pulled out the stands. He isn’t playing anymore. 

Ok, with all due respect, you really don't think Beasley and Allen couldn't pick up where they left off? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

Ok, with all due respect, you really don't think Beasley and Allen couldn't pick up where they left off? 

I don’t think Beasley can play anymore. No he is not able to run or cut base on what I observed. Period. He isn’t the same. 

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m confident of this; a couple of Drives Sunday wouldn’t have ended in punts so soon if Beasley was on the field..

I'm inclined to agree with this. 

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

I don’t think Beasley can play anymore. No he is not able to run or cut base on what I observed. Period. He isn’t the same. 

Beasley has never been a speedster. As many have already mentioned, he's not a RAC type of guy. But he is very good at moving the chains

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I don’t think Beasley can play anymore. No he is not able to juke much from what I observed. Period. He isn’t the same. He had 17 yards in 2 games total with Tampa and I saw both full games. His biggest play was 5 yards. He can’t run. 

You people are projected a want on something that isn’t real. 

Edited by Locomark

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I didnt realize Crowder had a chance of returning this year. When would he be expected back?

From a list of:

Crowder

Brown

Beasley

McKenzie

I'm taking Crowder, easily, every time.

He has been practicing on the sidelines for a week or two now.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

I will certainly welcome him back but honestly not sure what he has left in the tank.

I don't like that he quit on his team earlier this year. The excuse "he didn't know the offense" falls flat with me. He's a seasoned vet. LEARN THE OFFENSE! Did you see what that bum Mayfield did after a practice with his new team?

But if he has something left, let's give him a shot. I hope do hope he isn't as controversial with his social media posts---the same way I feel about every player.

I don’t understand why the Bills would do this before giving Shakir any meaningful snaps?

I feel like Beasley’s departure was a lot dependent on what his expectations were for this season. Time tested vets like him have a hard time of accepting what reality does to receivers of that age. He thought his value was way higher than reality. A short stint on the Bucks PS may have made him wake up.

A well rested and uninjured Beasley coming in during the last few weeks with a chip on his shoulder, realizing he isn’t worth much more than vet minimum could go a long way. I would rather have a healthy Beas coming into the stretch today than a barely walking Beas facing the playoffs that we have seen the last two years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

I feel like Beasley’s departure was a lot dependent on what his expectations were for this season. Time tested vets like him have a hard time of accepting what reality does to receivers of that age. He thought his value was way higher than reality. A short stint on the Bucks PS may have made him wake up.

A well rested and uninjured Beasley coming in during the last few weeks with a chip on his shoulder, realizing he isn’t worth much more than vet minimum could go a long way. I would rather have a healthy Beas coming into the stretch today than a barely walking Beas facing the playoffs that we have seen the last two years.

Rusty,  just because he is well rested doesn’t mean he can play anymore. If he could he would be playing for someone already. He got to put himself on film months ago on Tampa and no one was calling him after. I didn’t observe the same skills anymore. Being rested is different than having the Will to compete and the skills to keep performing at a high level. I didn’t see either in those Tampa games. 

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Rusty,  just because he is well rested doesn’t mean he can play anymore. If he could he would be playing for someone already. He got to put himself on film months ago on Tampa and no one was calling him after. I didn’t observe the same skills anymore. Being rested is different than having the Will to compete and the skills to keep performing at a high level. I didn’t see either in those Tampa games. 

That may be true or maybe not, we don’t really know enough what’s going on with him to understand the details. He may have given it a shot and hated plying in TB with Brady. Or he may have had the best time of his career playing with JA17. We can’t really speculate when it comes down to someone’s will to play. At the end of they day he just seems to have something left in him that he wants to put out there and that alone seems like enough to take a flyer on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.