Will Kevin McCarthy Be The Speaker Of The House? Or Mitch Senate Majority Leader?

Tiberius

The corporatist on both sides of the isle are outing themselves right now.

Never want to hear another peep about recalling politicians, term limits or insane pork in omni bills killing the budget out of any of them. 

as right now they are choosing to support the status quo over progress on the very issues they  claim to support 

The Wall Street Journal editorial page called the objections of Mr. McCarthy’s detractors an empty, raging gesture.

“The problem any G.O.P. leader faces today is that too many Republicans don’t really want to hold and keep political power,” a Journal editorial said on Wednesday. In the minority, it added, “you can rage against ‘the swamp’ without having to do anything to change it. This is the fundamental and sorry truth behind the speaker spectacle and the performative G.O.P. politics of recent years.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

First order of business in the new Congress....censure this loser! Can you imagine an elected official would actually put that in writing? 

Did you want to censure Gosar when he tweeted a meme of him killing AOC?  There are so many absurd tweets from Congress.  That's what I was talking about @BillsFanNC.   Get what I was laughing at? 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Country first right???

The 'race' for speaker is a beltway story.

It doesn't really effect the rest of us.

Being a conservative I would much rather have a stronger leader, but it won't matter as long as McConnell is still around.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Did you want to censure Gosar when he tweeted a meme of him killing AOC?  There are so many absurd tweets from Congress.  That's what I was talking about @BillsFanNC.   Get what I was laughing at? 

A meme vs. english language words strung together that reflect her actual thoughts are apples and oranges as you know.  

Anyway, Gosar was censured for the meme, so with that low bar I'm to assume that you're on board with censure for Cori Bush then?

https://news.yahoo.com/house-censures-paul-gosar-over-215237370.html

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Why should we care what some election denier says?

An election denier spreading misinformation on Twitter to boot.  Can we get the FBI on the Twitter bat phone for proper content moderation please?  ^_^

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yet another ridiculous statement by a routine moron. Well done Mr Conway! 

What is ridiculous about Conway’s statement of an obvious fact? McCarthy is driving a hard bargain? Right now, he’s basically saying: “Elect me Speaker today with no risk. Any one of you can bring a motion for a new Speaker vote at any time for any reason, and I agree to bring that motion to the floor.” 
Italian governments have more staying power. Liz Truss had more staying power. 

Breaking: just lost the TENTH vote. It has now descended into total farce. Say what you will about Pelosi (believe me, there’s a lot to say), but she was never humiliated like this by her own party. Unanimity held.